PDA

View Full Version : Funhog on the Fredcast cycling podcast

Funhog
02-10-2009, 01:55 PM
I was interviewed on the Fredcast this past weekend about my eBook. Very cool. But if truth be told, sometimes you're on and sometimes you're not...this time I wasn't really "on" (IMO)! Oh well...:rolleyes: (that's the overly critical side of me...)

As most of you know, this ebook is targeted originally at cyclists to get them back onto IDC classes - I want to bring more of them back into your classes! (But it's also very very helpful to instructors who want to learn how to be more effective and safe, and relevant to real cycling). I've been hoping to get this on the Fredcast and other cycling media for a long while and phew! Finally did. Hoping to get interviewed on Two John's Podcast as well (another cycling podcast). If anyone has any more ideas to reach cyclists, I'm all ears!
Check it out at www.thefredcast.com My interview doesn't start until 29:00 minutes into it if you want to pass up his cycling discussion (although David does a great job on his podcasts).

He's selling the ebook on his site, or better yet, go to www.keepitrealebook.com for more info.

alexkaboom
02-10-2009, 03:27 PM
I have read (most of) your ebook and as usual, you do such a wonderful job.

It is thorough, easy to read and packed with useful info that every indoor cycling instructor and enthusiast should strive to know.

Nice work!
Alex

Johnchristophersnow
03-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Mi Sage,
Nice job with the podcast interview gonna chek out the ebook now.

JCS
Level III spinning instructor

Jbmoto
03-12-2009, 09:53 AM
ANy plans to put your book into print?

emflaherty
04-13-2009, 02:31 PM
I too have read almost all of your ebook and love all of the information. I have been focusing a lot of my classes toward outdoor riders and they love it! Nice job on the book!

Funhog
04-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks for bringing this thread back up - I thought it was 'cuz you heard me again on the Fredcast this past week! I am putting together a bicycle tour to the Alpes in conjunction with David of The FredCast - and we spoke about it on his podcast last week (http://www.thefredcast.com/?p=731).

This tour includes the big famous climbs of the Alpes, including Col de Galibier, Telegraph, Colombiere and Forclaz, and of course, the ever-popular Alpe d'Huez. Listen to the podcast (around minute 40) where David and I discuss that really anyone can do this tour with a little training - you don't have to be an expert cyclist!

If anyone out there is interested, or has clients/students who might be interested, please let me know. I'll give you a commission for referrals. I'm attaching the 5-page description and itinerary, but if you're interested in posting it at your club, let me know and I'll send you a flyer.