PDA

View Full Version : Anyone, anyone...?

cyclefreak
03-30-2004, 01:07 PM
Any other LeMond folks out there?

jala3
04-09-2004, 03:20 PM
I'm JSGI but our club has revmasters. I absolutly love the bikes, but have not been to any LeMond workshops.

cyclefreak
04-09-2004, 07:47 PM
I love the bikes too. At first I was discouraged that they didn't buy JG bikes, but now that I've ridden both, I really like the RevMaster. They're really smooth.

kritzie1
05-15-2004, 10:33 PM
I'm JSGI but our club has revmasters. I absolutly love the bikes, but have not been to any LeMond workshops.
Yes, the Revmaster bikes are excellent and so easy to adjust and fit your size.:)

spinderella
05-24-2004, 12:43 PM
Two of the 3 facilities where I instruct in Oklahoma have the Revmasters-the other has the Schwinn Evolutions. Although the Schwinn's are my first choice- the Revmasters are smooth but tend to slip a bit as you ride.:)

Angel
07-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Spinderella,

Are you certified through LeMond? If so, how is their program? Do you like it?

Or, are you certified through Schwinn?

Angel ;)

dlr
07-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Seriously, though. When they first brought the bikes to my gym, I was very against it. I was so upset I was going to quit. Then I met Swifty, and he was so cool, it really got me to open my mind. I mean, why be against something when you haven't even tried it? So once our gym goes through the LeMond course for all the instructors and we actually get on the bike, I really began to feel like those were some really nice bikes. We had some initial problems with the first generation LeMond bikes, with the brakes, but they quickly corrected that problem, and since then, we rarely have problems. This was back in 2000, I think, and four and a half years later, I still think that the bikes are great. We have little or no maintenance to do, and as long as we do the preventative maintenance, we expect the bikes to last indefinitely. And this is from a gym where they run classes at least 5 times a day, so there is quite a bit of use on the bikes.

I also had the pleasure of meeting Mr. LeMond when he came to Chicago for a promotional event. He was so kind, completely humble, and just the friendliest person you could hope to meet. He seemed overawed that there were so many people in line to meet him, and he joked about it ("Wow, this must be the line for Lance Armstrong!"). We all had to laugh, and he got some good applause when he did arrive. He also took his time with meeting every person in line, signed autographs, and talked to every person as long as he felt like talking to them. He also posed for pictures. What a cool guy!

I know that has nothing to do with the LeMond bikes, but it's just a side story. It does make me feel better to be riding the bike of a guy that I can truly say I really like and think is a really great guy.

dlr
in Chicago

darlene
01-13-2005, 03:49 PM
We are hosting, for the second time, a LeMond certification and advanced training with Joan Wenson. It is a wonderfully informative workshop that readies you for a class!

snowbunny
01-31-2005, 09:52 PM
I have heard good things about both the Rev-master and the Schwinn.....so, comparing the two...if your were going to buy one (money not an issue....) which one would you buy?
I don't want you to think money isn't important....but I want to look at performance...maintenance, etc.

Thanks,
Snowbunny

FXjohn
02-01-2005, 08:50 AM
We are hosting, for the second time, a LeMond certification and advanced training with Joan Wenson. It is a wonderfully informative workshop that readies you for a class!

You've met Joan?
She seems like a great instructor...incredibley strong looking legs,
I wonder if she got them completely from cycling?

VenusdeVelo
02-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Joan's a former ballerina and dancer/choregrapher, I am sure that has something to do with those legs.

alan g
12-30-2005, 03:11 AM
Joan is an incredible athlete and competed in fitness competitions back in the day. However, I would say that the current state of her legs is mostly from cycling. She was injured and took up cycling. She rode outside for years before she taught inside. She even ended up with some kind of cycling related injury which came out of having too strong of muscles, combined with too much flexibility somehow resulting in a squished artery. She is intense and her body looks like it is made out of beef jerky. I mean that in a nice way, Joan, if you are out there.

spinningmeems
01-14-2006, 04:21 PM
in our gym and Joan Wenson was here in November for a Foundation class to certify instructors. I was certified then. She was great and will be coming back again this year to do an advanced class. She is very knowledgable and very cycling oriented rather than fitness oriented. I plan to take the advanced class when she comes back.

I really like the REVMASTER and we have had no major problems with them - just maintenance issues that are more related to our gym mgmt than Lemond.