PDA

View Full Version : Oln Tv

Bianchi87
02-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Has anyone heard whether OLN will broadcast the one-day classics coming up in March/April? Is the Discovery Channel taking over the cycling tv coverage due to Mr. Armstrong and his team? Let us know;)

JFK
02-21-2005, 08:20 PM
This was sent to me on another list - OLN's cycling coverage:

* March 6th Paris-Nice (France)
> * March 13th Paris-Nice (France)
> * March 20th Milan San Remo (Italy)/Tirreno-Adriatico (Italy)
> * March 27th Criterium International (France)
> * April 3rd Tour of Flanders (Belgium)
> * April 10th Paris-Robaix (France)/Redlands* (USA)
> * April 17th Amstel Gold Race (Netherlands)
> * April 24th Liege-Bastogne-Liege (Belgium)/Sea Otter* (USA)
> * May 1st Tour de Georgia (USA)
> * May 8th Giro d'Italia (Italy)**
> * May 15th Giro d'Italia (Italy)
> * May 22nd Giro d'Italia (Italy)
> * May 29th Giro d'Italia (Italy)
> * June 5th US Pro Cycling - Philadelphia (USA)
> * June 12th Road to the Tour (Tour de France preview)
> * June 19th Road to the Tour/Nature Valley Classic (USA)
> * June 26th Road to the Tour
> * July 3rd - 24th Tour de France (France)***
> * Sept 4th Vuelta a EspaŅa (Spain)
> * Sept 11th Vuelta a EspaŅa (Spain)/San Francisco Criterium* (USA)
> * Sept 18th Vuelta a EspaŅa (Spain)/Tour de Cliffs* (USA)
> * Oct 15th Giro di Lombardia (Italy)
>
> * Tape delay
>
> ** Giro d'Italia coverage may be expanded to include Saturday Coverage
>
> *** Tour de France will include daily coverage

Perhaps they'll come around and decide to add some more Vuelta...

megale3
02-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Perhaps they'll come around and decide to add some more Vuelta...
Yes lets do :) Thanks for the cover of the coverage Jennifer :D
M3

JFK
02-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Anytime. I know that additional cycling coverage would cut into rodeo riding and bass fishing coverage, but that's a price we'll have to pay...;)

Bianchi87
02-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Yes, I found out about the coverage through thepaceline.com website. I am disappointed their will be no daily coverage of the giro. :mad:

megale3
02-23-2005, 10:40 AM
If the Oregonian News prints the results before I see it on the Teley well.... hell hath frozen over.
Satire is tragedy plus time.
M3

JFK
02-23-2005, 03:57 PM
You can always follow the results on the web. It's actually kind of fun to follow along with velonews.com's site or cyclingnews as they type in the important stuff and the minutiae to fill the time. Not the same as watching on the big screen, but better than not knowing at all 'til next week...;)

raptor
02-23-2005, 11:26 PM
I agree Jen. Even when I've got the VCR running for the TdF, I'll log into cyclingews at work, or after watching, to read their "live" coverage. There's a lot of interesting tidbits in there sometimes. And it's the closest you can get for the "non-covered" races. You other fans looking for coverage, take note.

Lynn

Fletcher
02-27-2005, 09:11 PM
I wonder who actually watches bull riding? Do you think they have a forum out there and complain about it being interrupted by cyling coverage? That would crack me up.:p

JFK
02-28-2005, 11:16 PM
I'll bet if you do a Google search you'd find their forums. And dollars to donuts there'll be a post about that durned event on bicycles in July...;)

raptor
03-01-2005, 12:38 AM
They don't support Linux yet, but the rest of you should REALLY enjoy:

www.cycling.tv

Apparently they've already provided live coverage of several early-spring classics over the Internet. George Hincapie even won one of them.

Lynn

JFK
03-01-2005, 08:21 PM
I discovered this the other day via cyclingnews or pez and it's great. Watched the British cyclocross championship and a few stages of the Tour of Quatar so far. I'm really not that picky. If it's guys or gals on bikes, I'm happy. Woohoo!

Fletcher
03-10-2005, 07:40 PM
I watched the Paris-Nice race on OLN. Does it make anyone else just feel happy to know that cycling season has started again?:) My 8 year old daughter watches all the races with me. Too bad I can barely get her on a 2 wheeler!

Bianchi87
05-06-2005, 09:04 AM
:p Hi, it's been a while! I have been swamped this semester. Does anyone have access to Eurosport TV here in America? I was looking at the website and the Giro is on LIVE everyday! I am so jealous. ;) Oln is doing a great job this spring covering the classics. My husband was on the course of Paris-Roubiax and had a blast watching the guys and seeing Lance in his last classic ever. :cool: Tour of Georgia was an experience for my not so cycling fan sister and her family. They walked up Brass Town Bald and watched Lance follow Floyd up the Mountain. Yea Cycling!