PDA

View Full Version : Any advice appreciated

Maxine
02-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Does anyone teach "RPM" classes by Body Training Systems?

Dutchie
02-21-2005, 07:09 AM
No, sorry. I have to say that it's the only LesMills Program I have never tried. I tried them all at conventions, taught BodyPump for 6 years (am taking it at my new gym) and did the Body Balance (BodyFlow in the states) teacher training (classes never started due to mismanagement :mad: ). I hope to try RPM this year. I am not considering teaching it but I'm just curious what it's about.

britspin
02-21-2005, 11:53 AM
I do not teach RPM, buthave taken part in several classes as an anonymous observer. My first experience was in a convention type deal, big room loads of bikes, got in early, got front & centre bike, feeling pretty smug, I knew lots of class members were in for a first time cycle. The room filled, the music began..uh oh too loud for my liking, the instructors began showboating including err thrustings of pelvic region and unsavoury things with toungues, we pedalled backwards, we stopped dead, and restarted oh the list goes on. I wanted to sneak out after 3 mins, oh no here I am kitted in loud cycle kit, front & centre, trapped. I had to endure for an hour of this, hated every second...that will teach me huh?

In Les Mills defence, now there a phrase I never thought I would write, that was 3-4 years ago, research has been done, the programme has improved hugely, and is much better, more scientific.
Howver I need my creativity, nothing beats sweating over a profile, the music etc & have the riders whose opinion I value give me the thumbs up...I did that..on my own. Or with some help from you guys, with your ideas, & profiles.
So whose for RPM..I do like their temporary tatoos tho', so do the kids.
Keep pedalling...& creating.
Britspin.

rooster
09-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Hello all,

Thanks for always for sharing you thoughts on this forum :-) This is Dan here, I have been a part of the creative process for RPM since 2005. I can certianly say that there has not been any pedalling backwards since I have come on board :) I am curious, where did you experience this master class? Even before I joined Les Mills I was familiar with RPM and never heard of any pedalling backwards??? Hmmm as far as the pelvic thrusts and tounges well no explanation :confused: I have been to some south american countries where this sort of things happen but beyond that it has never been something that has been a part of the program.

I am sorry that you had an experince like you did :(

Since 2005 RPM has changed drastically. Its more authentic, athletic and inclusive. Its about as close to actual outdoor riding, indoors as we can make it all well keeping in mind it still is group exercise.

Its great that you enjoy taking the time to create your training profiles and finding music to create your classes! As you know it takes time to put a great ride together that makes sense! Good on ya!

I always like to say that its the instuctor who makes the difference between a good experience and a not so good experience, not the program. You can always tell when someone takes the time to plan. Failing to plan is like planning to fail :) Our participants will reap the benefits from us taking the time to create wonderful fitness experiences inturn they will come to our classes! I love Reciprocity!

Ciao for now!
Dan

Paul S.
09-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Wow, resurrecting a thread over 3 years old...

Does anyone teach "RPM" classes by Body Training Systems?
Just to clarify in case anyone doesn't know, RPM is the cycle class of Les Mills, Group Ride is the cycle class of BTS.

...In Les Mills defence, now there a phrase I never thought I would write, that was 3-4 years ago, research has been done, the programme has improved hugely, and is much better, more scientific....
I took my first Group Ride in some time a few weeks ago at the BTS Summit, and I think it has also improved. When I last took a Ride class, around the Winter 07 release, I remember coming to a dead stop in standing position, and a lot of seated HP3. This time, I think we did a little seated HP3 (memory is hazy as the Ride was the first of 6 different classes I did that day:eek:) but nothing that would be terribly CI in the Spinning program.