View Full Version : Dan-o, a question for you and any other rpm-ers who may be able to answer

07-14-2008, 07:44 AM
I have a question about being the RPM Program Coach for our gym/club.

First, what essentially does this mean, what does it entail, and should it be a PAID position?

I am happy to lead our rpm team and keep them in top form but am not quite sure what this title represents for me in terms of job description. Please enlighten me before I accept the offer!

Thank you,

P.S. Love rpm 39 and track 7! Turn it up!

07-14-2008, 12:33 PM
kia ora,

i guess my first question would be, were you approached by management to do this position or is it something that you brought forward?

in my eyes, a program coach would be responsible for the ongoing development/growth and continuity (all on the same page as far as the delvivery of the program) of the team in your club or chain of clubs. the first thing would be to asses all the RPM'ers - either through dvd or live class setting. from there you can determine the common areas of upskilling as a group which you could then dicuss during a team meeting/upskilling clinic or intensive. on an individual basis, having one on one meetings to meet their individual needs.

do i think that you should be paid for this? absolutely! there would be alot of time initially in getting this up and going, then from there it would be more of an ongoing maintenance sort of thing.

i currently am the program coach for all the master trainers in north america - i have a team of 22 master trainers that i work with and i put in aprrox 15 hours a week.

i hope this helps and if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask :)

glad you enjoy 39! its a great release and i loved teaching track 7!

ciao for now!

07-15-2008, 09:48 AM

Thanks for your answers and your insight.

I was asked by management to take on this role. I, too, think that it should be a paid position and currently, I don't think that it is. And, based upon management expectations and the time committment, it seems to require more than a volunteer.

I've been a dedicated volunteer in several arenas; most recently as a Tour de Cure team captain and fundraising leader. Sometimes, though, it's nice to be compensated for one's efforts.

How does one say "ride strong" in kiwi land?

07-15-2008, 12:50 PM

best of luck with the position should you choose to accept it, the role can be vital in helping others move forward.

be strong in kiwi land is : kia kaha :)