PDA

View Full Version : Farewell to a dear friend ...

yvonne
05-19-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm sad to pass on the news that our friend, Rene Davila has passed away ...

http://www.ennovy.net/v3/rene_my friend.jpg

"This is the essence of what JG´s philosophy is all about; one person lighting a flame[/font]
and passing it on to others. I was fortunate to have someone on my side to [/font]
ignite the flame and pass it on. I was more fortunate to have others willing [/font]
to accept the flame and pass it back to me.” [/font]Rene Davila

JFK
05-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Thanks for posting this, Yvonne. I'm sorry to hear that Rene lost his battle with his various health problems. He was someone I so looked forward to seeing at each WSSC; his enthusiasm and warmth were such an important part of the experience.

He will be missed.

alexkaboom
05-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks for posting this, Yvonne. I'm sorry to hear that Rene lost his battle with his various health problems. He was someone I so looked forward to seeing at each WSSC; his enthusiasm and warmth were such an important part of the experience.

He will be missed.

I second this. Every time I saw him he was smiling. He seemed full of life and a great positive energy. I hope he is in a better place now.

Alex

Funhog
05-19-2008, 10:38 PM
I will miss him. His smile was infectious. Even through his pain the last few years, you could see he was trying to make people happy. Always.

Do you know the cause of death?

triang34
05-20-2008, 08:34 AM
My very first WSSC, I remember going to Josh's "Club I-N-F-I-N-I-T-E" ride on Thursday night, and seeing Rene - SO FULL OF ENERGY. I thought to myself, "Well, he'll be sure to keep me going for 3 hours!" At the time, I didn't know who he was, but he later became known to me as "That guy". Everywhere I went, he was there ... smiling, laughing, dining with friends, and having the time of his life.

So sorry to hear of his passing. His energy will be with us.

RaffCycles
05-20-2008, 10:29 AM
I met Rene in passing at my first WSSC in Chicago. He was front and center for a ride called "The Long Grind" lead by Kurt G. Rene was smiling the entire ride and kicked it in a little more when he heard his favorite song. Later that evening, Johnny G pulled him out of the crowd and the two rode side-by-side both smiling and loving every minute.

His smile, enthusiasm and love of Spinning will truly be missed.

texasred
05-20-2008, 01:42 PM
OMG I haven't posted in this forum in a couple of years. My life has turned a different direction with having a baby and #2 on the way, Spinning took more than a back seat. I came over here today to see if anyone had any information about Denver as we have a possible transfer in our future. The very first thread I saw was this one. :(

I met Renee at my very first WSSC back when I became an instructor. And as a pp said he was "that guy". It was after that WSSC both Rene and I were called to do the infamous Spinning infomercial. It was those 3 days in LA were I got to really know Rene. He was one of the most genuine, sweet people I have ever met. His story for the infomercial, although it wound up on the cutting room floor, was that of triumph, he talked about 911 and going into those towers and how once the first tower went down and he could see nothing and was on the ground he recalled what he had learned from Johnny and Spinning and got up and went on. I sat mesmerized by his story and him pointing out his Spinning logo tatoo. We joked we had joined a cult - a cult called Spinning - and how it brought so many of us together that might have otherwise never known or talked to.

Like I said before our lives each went separate ways and although I would get an occasional email from Rene to update my contact list I hadn't heard much, if anything at all from him. I had no idea he was in bad health. I will miss him greatly.