PDA

View Full Version : Providing technical feedback

wallpower
10-17-2007, 12:33 AM
Hey guys,

I have just returned to instructing spinning after a number of years away. I took my madd dog spinning recertification but could use some more advice.

Does anyone have some "go to" tips for things to look for when watching pedal stroke and body positioning. I'm looking for errors like bobbing heads and my riders bouncing too much and providing feedback for a fix about adding resistance if they find themselves bouncing. Any advice beyond the normal 'contraindictions" with regard to things to watch for with pedal stroke and overall technique.

Thanks for any thoughts:)

SpinBob
10-17-2007, 06:24 AM
The things I look for in body position are shoulders down and relaxed, a loose grip on the handlebars, flex in the elbow joint, knees pointed forward and feet more or less parallel to the floor around the pedal stroke.

Pink
10-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Also...

Choppy stroke on hills - could be too much resistance

Weight should be centered over pedals when out of the saddle -- not leaning too far forward on arms. And concurrently, not throwing the hips too far back over the saddle.

Excessive bouncing in a standing flat - could be hyper-extending the knee on the downstroke.

wallpower
10-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Super, thanks very much. Are there any ques that would indicate a rider is fully engaging quads/hams/glutes, using a full pedal stroke?