PDA

View Full Version : Jfk, M.A.

JFK
10-02-2007, 03:11 PM
:D

Successfully defended my thesis today, got some new initials to go with my original ones.:D:D Waiting for that huge sense of relief...it should be around here somewhere. :rolleyes:

amybatt
10-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Hey congratulations, that is an awesome achievement! :D

Todd S
10-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Congrats!

Must be a relief.

Legspeed
10-02-2007, 03:25 PM
M.A. ??? As in Master of Arts? I would have thought your curriculum awarded a Master of Science.

Regardless, though, congratulations on your successful defense. Ever think of Piling it Higher and Deeper?

JFK
10-02-2007, 03:40 PM
M.A. ??? As in Master of Arts? I would have thought your curriculum awarded a Master of Science.

Regardless, though, congratulations on your successful defense. Ever think of Piling it Higher and Deeper?

For some reason, despite being a research-based program, we are in the school of Ed. Hence, the M.A. To answer your second question, I'm already two years into piling it higher and deeper, this just makes it "official."

RaffCycles
10-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Frame that diploma!!!!

Way to go!!!

spinnningmama
10-02-2007, 06:55 PM
:cool::cool::cool:Way to go !!!!!!

NJSpiner
10-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Congrats Jenn!

keifer
10-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Congrats Jenn that's great to hear!

dessertqueen
10-03-2007, 03:37 PM
You're a great inspiration. Congrats! And to think you finished the program without the influence of coffee.... Way to go!
brenda

lilrubie
10-03-2007, 10:05 PM
That's awesome! I wish I could say I even wrote a thesis!!!

JFK
10-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Well, it's never too late. Pick a topic and learn gobs about it...then write for a while. Get people to tear it apart, do more of step one (reading about topic) and more of step 2, lather, rinse repeat. Hang in there long enough and you'll have one. :D

JFK
10-03-2007, 10:35 PM
You're a great inspiration. Congrats! And to think you finished the program without the influence of coffee.... Way to go!
brenda

Either you're being sarcastic, or I've seriously mislead you. I'm the one who wears the t-shirt with the caffeine molecule on it. I know that caffeine is trimethyxanthine. I am KNOWN at several of my local starbucks. But, I can quit anytime I want.....:cool:

RaffCycles
10-04-2007, 07:08 AM
But, I can quit anytime I want.....

Let me know if you know of a good 12 step program to kick the caffeine once you get over you denial state.:D

JFK
10-04-2007, 11:17 AM
Let me know if you know of a good 12 step program to kick the caffeine once you get over you denial state.:D

That would involve a) getting over the denial (bwahahahaha!) and b) looking for such a program (see a). But if you don't mind waiting....I hear that some people stop using caffeine after grad school. :rolleyes:

dessertqueen
10-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Either you're being sarcastic, or I've seriously mislead you. I'm the one who wears the t-shirt with the caffeine molecule on it. I know that caffeine is trimethyxanthine. I am KNOWN at several of my local starbucks. But, I can quit anytime I want.....:cool:

OH, I'm SO sorry, I thought it was you who posted that you gave up caffeine. Must have confused you with someone else. Me, I love coffee, and that blasted research keeps confirming that it's good for us. Until they discover that it's harmful (next week, probably), I'll use good health as my excuse to drink it!
b

JFK
10-04-2007, 01:34 PM
OH, I'm SO sorry, I thought it was you who posted that you gave up caffeine. Must have confused you with someone else. Me, I love coffee, and that blasted research keeps confirming that it's good for us. Until they discover that it's harmful (next week, probably), I'll use good health as my excuse to drink it!
b

A woman after my own heart! :D

It was Jen Sage who gave up coffee. I admire her restraint. And have absolutely no intention of trying to imitate it. :rolleyes:

RaffCycles
10-04-2007, 03:02 PM
That would involve a) getting over the denial (bwahahahaha!) and b) looking for such a program (see a). But if you don't mind waiting....I hear that some people stop using caffeine after grad school. :rolleyes:

Then, I'll be using the stuff for another 18 months. (typed at 180 words per minute)

SpinBob
10-04-2007, 09:58 PM
Jennifer,
What's your favorite roast and from what country?

JoyofSpin
10-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Congratulations. Not an easy task. Enjoy the new initials after your name. You earned them.

JFK
10-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Jennifer,
What's your favorite roast and from what country?

I have always loved Mocha Java, Kona...I know there's a bunch of different ones from Starbucks I've enjoyed. Basically, I either do espresso (when I don't want volume) or bold COD if I do.

One Cent
10-07-2007, 03:41 AM
More congratulations!
Your earned those knew initials - now go flaunt them!

jsejt
10-07-2007, 07:31 AM
I have always loved Mocha Java, Kona...I know there's a bunch of different ones from Starbucks I've enjoyed. Basically, I either do espresso (when I don't want volume) or bold COD if I do.

KENYA~~ my new favorite~~~ TANZANIA another favorite but this one is seasonal.

JFK
10-07-2007, 04:42 PM
More congratulations!
Your earned those knew initials - now go flaunt them!

Thanks, Penny. It's been a circuitous route. I first decided I wanted to do this when my (nearly 13 y.o.) daughter was 4 months old. I was a non-science undergrad, so I had to go back and take all the basic lab sciences and then the ex. phys. pre-reqs. What with having a few more kids in there and all, it took awhile. Still not done yet. A few more years, but that's IT! That's why they call a Ph.D. a "terminal degree" b/c you've had it with academics by then. :eek:

KENYA~~ my new favorite~~~ TANZANIA another favorite but this one is seasonal.

Oooh, I forgot about Kenya. I'm kind of "easy" when it comes to coffee..I enjoy anything of good quality. :rolleyes:

jsejt
10-08-2007, 05:47 AM
Oooh, I forgot about Kenya. I'm kind of "easy" when it comes to coffee..I enjoy anything of good quality. :rolleyes:

Try it...Try it....Try it....mmm so good! Get the Tanzania before it goes away.