PDA

View Full Version : Now's the time to buy cycling shoes

Funhog
08-31-2007, 09:22 AM
Performance has a huge sale on cycling shoes. www.performancebike.com Especially if you have smaller or larger feet (as many are limited).

I am sure Nashbar has some on sale too, and probably your local bike shop. No more excuses for not teaching with proper cycing shoes!

I just got some excellent Diadoras for 60% off.

Jennifer

Hilly
09-06-2007, 12:29 AM
I missed the sale. Boo.

In August I bought a pair of red Sidis; I tap the heels together and repeat, "There's no place like road, there's no place like road."

They're so comfy...can't wait to ride more than 50 miles in them. Meanwhile, my Specialized (retired) road shoes work great on the Spin bikes. :D

petalpusher
09-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Ok, I need to buy some indoor cycle shoes, who has some info to help me with shoes and cleats.
I teach in several different clubs so I am not allways teaching on the same bike.
thanks
petalpusher

Pink
09-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Ok, I need to buy some indoor cycle shoes, who has some info to help me with shoes and cleats.
I teach in several different clubs so I am not allways teaching on the same bike.
thanks
petalpusher

The bike doesn't matter, it's the pedal system that does. If they are different clip systems, you'll need different shoes if you want to clip in. If you just want the benefit of a solid sole, you could buy the shoes without the clips and use the toe cages (ugh!). Chances are all the bikes use SPDs, but check before investing in shoes.

As far as make/style shoes, find a pair that fits comfortably and within your budget. I use mountain bike shoes instead of road shoes indoors because I feel more steady walking on the floor around the studio.

amybatt
09-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Terry Bike's sale is on too. Those Eurohalters that I LOVE are only $41 now. And they seem to have come up with new patterns too.

captiva
10-11-2007, 09:59 AM
You're exactly right! Performance Bike is where I buy for my cycle/spinning classes. Don't forget, with proof as an instructor (pay check or contact at your club) you will get an additional 10% off all pricing, including sale/discount prices. I reciprocate by letting members in my classes know about Performance Bike.

My coordinators at LA Fitness and Bally's, North Atlanta area, will not let you instruct without looking professional. This includes cycle shoes.

Performance has a huge sale on cycling shoes. www.performancebike.com (http://www.performancebike.com) Especially if you have smaller or larger feet (as many are limited).

I am sure Nashbar has some on sale too, and probably your local bike shop. No more excuses for not teaching with proper cycing shoes!

I just got some excellent Diadoras for 60% off.

Jennifer

mmcgah
01-02-2009, 07:26 PM
I got some sandals with cleats from Teamestrogen.com I love them!!! Everytime someone sees them, they ask me about them!

Pink
01-02-2009, 07:53 PM
I got some sandals with cleats from Teamestrogen.com I love them!!! Everytime someone sees them, they ask me about them!

OFF TOPIC...
Mccgah, is your avatar a pic of your cat? If so, is it a Chartreux or a Russian Blue? Whatever, he/she's beautiful!

mmcgah
01-02-2009, 07:56 PM
OFF TOPIC...
Mccgah, is your avatar a pic of your cat? If so, is it a Chartreux or a Russian Blue? Whatever, he/she's beautiful!

It is my cat :) He was a stray, but I think he has some Russian Blue in him. He has the softest fur, but is a pain in the a$$ b/c he doesn't like to be pet except on his head! His name is Sawyer. I have two other kitties (one is all black and the other is a tabby), but love this pic!

Pink
01-02-2009, 10:38 PM
It is my cat :) He was a stray, but I think he has some Russian Blue in him. He has the softest fur, but is a pain in the a$$ b/c he doesn't like to be pet except on his head! His name is Sawyer. I have two other kitties (one is all black and the other is a tabby), but love this pic!

He's gorgeous! I've only got one (and a big doofus dog), having lost one a few years ago. I'd love to get another kitty but my current one rules the house with an iron paw and would not tolerate a new addition.

fitone
05-23-2011, 02:37 PM
You're exactly right! Performance Bike is where I buy for my cycle/spinning classes. Don't forget, with proof as an instructor (pay check or contact at your club) you will get an additional 10% off all pricing, including sale/discount prices. I reciprocate by letting members in my classes know about Performance Bike.

My coordinators at LA Fitness and Bally's, North Atlanta area, will not let you instruct without looking professional. This includes cycle shoes.

Captiva, thanks for the info about the extra 10% off for instructors. Always nice to get a little extra off for doing what we love! I'll be heading to Performance soon...:)

LauraHaussmann
06-04-2011, 08:03 AM
thanks for the tip, I have recently had a bunch of people ask me about getting shoes at a good price!

Thanks!

tailwindbiker
06-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Once you decide what shoes you want and the size (most important). Check Ebay. I have purchased a number of pairs of shoes on Ebay from bikes shops around the country and typically pay 1/2 the retail price!

spinister
06-06-2011, 01:23 PM
I too prefer mountain over road for indoor cycling - they last forever. I just bought a pair at performance for 50% off.

Courtneyleigh
06-12-2011, 03:05 PM
My shoes are also screaming at me to be replaced. Spin or Mountain bike?! What do get?

SloSpin
06-13-2011, 06:02 PM
This post motivated me to get a new pair. Mountain so as to be able to walk around with them on. (The cycle area is a bit removed from the main club)

Went with Shimano again, mostly due to their shoes being a bit wider than others, and seem well made. Got them at Nashbar but would NOT recommend that site to others.

The "old" pair lasted 5 years. Not bad at all.