PDA

View Full Version : What's with the handlebars on Lemond bikes?

SpinningInPrescott
05-22-2007, 11:32 AM
In our Y we have two types of bikes, Lemonds and the old Schwinn bikes in one class.

The like the feel of the Lemond bikes, but hate the handlebars...any tips to use them correctly without people riding like they are riding cruiser bikes on the boardwalk or leaning on the bars like they are doing the Ironman?

Thanks!:rolleyes:

Spinning in Prescott

EuroD
05-22-2007, 12:40 PM
I ride LeMonds at the gyms I teach at. Sounds like bike setup may be the order of the class. Get them all to do it. It's surprising what people consider 'their setup'. I've done this a couple of times with my classes and some of my riders were surprised at how different they felt when it was done correctly (they actually felt comfortable). Others of course think they are always riding in the most efficient setup - so let them just get on with it.

I usually advise my newbies to keep their handlebars higher so they don't slouch. This could be the result of them always riding chopper style, when in fact they could do with a small reset of the handlebars. That's what they were shown, that's what they'll do. Keep in mind that some may have back issues and riding chopper style helps them maintain a comfortable ride.

Just my 2c.

SpinningInPrescott
05-22-2007, 05:27 PM
cycle happy indeed!

good input and I'll see if a reset isn't sometime in order... :)