PDA

View Full Version : Body Bugg

spinmomma
01-03-2007, 03:57 PM
I just heard about this today. Anyone out there have one, used it, hate it, love it, waste of time, $$$ or anything you have to say about it?

melanieann
01-03-2007, 05:24 PM
I don't have one but they're going for $200.00 on Ebay! What a rip. they're selling on Amazon for like $42.00. I don't think that I'd use one to be honest with you. It seems like a lot of hype.

ucali
02-12-2007, 01:10 AM
Sorry, I'm ignorant - what is a body bugg?

waterford2ride
02-12-2007, 10:49 AM
What a rip off! I'm waiting for the device that will do the exercise for you and you'll be thinner, trimmer and younger!

spinmomma
02-12-2007, 11:00 AM
go to myapex.com.

I know 2 people with them on right now and a gym I sub at is seling them.
I am waiting to hear the success of the first two. I know they are somewhat fit, exercise is not a problem so they will be good canidates for the truth. One of these ladies ws wearing, entered her foods and really saw that she over ate a great deal one day just by sitting with friends and snacking on Almonds, thinking she was not tooo bad.
I will keep you posted.

waterford2ride
02-12-2007, 12:51 PM
snacking on Almonds, thinking she was not tooo bad.
I will keep you posted. :(

Did she eat 5 lbs of almonds - thought almonds were a healthy food?

Crazy!

spinmomma
02-12-2007, 02:17 PM
That is what she thought. We all sit sometimes and eat things that we "think" are healthy, but she still took in way to many calories for her allowance for her goal. (lose 10 lbs. She is 26% body fat, 145lbs)
1/2 Cup - 3/4 Cup - being honest with the "Bugg"

humansieve
03-10-2007, 10:00 AM
I like the recipie finder on the Myapex site,-prety cool tool, its now saved to my favorites. I'd never heard of the Body Bug before and wouldnt shell out the money because I get so much exercize and eat healthy but I love to hear about the new products and would imagine that it could be a pretty useful tool for a lot of people. Sieve

Janahun
04-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Hi all- Is body bugg a software program or is it some sort of computer contraption? Can anyone recommend a software program that has similar functions as the body bugg? I am looking to purchase exercise/nutrition software to track training.
Please advise. Thanks!

raptor
04-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Body Bugg is a strap-on device and a web site that supports it. The device measures your caloric expenditure with a claimed 92% accuracy. There is a bunch of other fitness/nutrition tracking software out there, but you'll have to get recommendations from others.

Lynn

Atlantya
05-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Hi, I've been wearing a bodybugg since last August and have lost 80 pounds with it. I love it. It shows me how many calories (with what they claim is around 96% accuracy) I burn in a given day. And with that information, I've found it helps keep me more honest with balancing my calorie intake. I wear it on my upper right arm, and rarely even know it's there anymore.

It's fun to download it to the computer every day and see how active I've been. So far, the most I've burned during one spinning class has been 758 calories.

EuroD
05-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Just want to keep track without wearing a device, try http://www.fitday.com/

FlyBy
06-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Body Bug sounds similar to a HR Monitor, no?

FlyBy
06-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Just want to keep track without wearing a device, try http://www.fitday.com/
I used fitday.com for several years; It is a very easy way to keep a journal.

spinchick
06-20-2007, 05:07 PM
It never took off here because people are not disciplined enough to wear it all the time and load it into the computer everyday. You also have to pay for the software monthly. I think it's an interesting concept though. I love my HR monitor and Body Bugg is similar but with more options.

spinmomma
06-23-2007, 06:04 AM
Well, I did step up and buy the Bugg. I started March 21st. I have lost 4.6% Body fat and 11lbs. I have signed up for the $99/year to continue. IF you real serious about losing I think it is the end all.
Flyby,
Here is the problem with the HRM. It told me during the barbell class I teach (GRoup Power) I was burning 450 calories. The bugg says about 200. When teaching spin class HR was saying a 300 calorie burn, and the bugg was the same. I cannot believe that I was burning 450 calories weight training even though I do push significant weight in the class. The HRM, IMHO, is for training the heart. I willl get back to this thread after wearing my HRM and the Bugg in Power class tomorrow and the get you the results.

spinmomma
06-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Today I taught my barbell class (Group Power), calorie burn for the Bugg was about 175 less than the HRM. I have to say I believe the HRM for HR is accurate, but not the calorie burn.
This is why I think people are fooled by the numbers they are burning