PDA

View Full Version : Rite Aid Pro Cycling 2007

Pro
12-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Just giving you guys out there in Pedal-On land a quick update… For those of you who don’t know… I race for the Rite Aid Pro Cycling Team that is based in the US. We have really stepped our game up with the riders we have signed for the 2007 season, and I for one can’t wait to see what kind of damage this team is going to do! I will be posting the teams racing schedule in the next couple of weeks for you guys. It would be awesome to have any of you come out and support the team and I at any of the races. I have been training hard (in the freezing windy cold of Pennsylvania) and am more motivated than I have been in years! I’m on my way to sunny warm California to start the big big miles in a few weeks. Got to start putting in the 5-6 hour days on the bike in. If you ever get the chance to ride in the Santa Barbara-Solvang area you’ll understand why so many professional bike racers go there to train! It’s amazing! Anyway… Here is the short and sweet press release that is on cyclingnews.com. Hope to see you out there!

Rite Aid Pro Cycling for 2007

The Rite Aid Pro Cycling team has strengthened it's team for 2007, signing is Alejandro Barrajo, a rider from the Miche team, who garnered seven top ten finishes in the 2004 Giro d' Italia, including a third place to Alessandro Petacchi in stage 6, and also took second place to Eric Zabel in the 2005 Rund um den Henniger Turm. The Argentinian's most recent result was a win in the 2006 South American Road Championship this past November.

New signings
Sebastian Alexander (Colavita)
Ian Ayers (Colavita)
Jake Rytlewski (Priority Health)
Mike Norton (NERAC/Outdoorlights.com)
Bill Elliston (Target Training)
Stephan Kincaid (Meredith Group)
Clayton Barrows

Returning
Brad Viera
Ryan DeWald and
Josh Taylor.

ACinNJ
12-08-2006, 10:15 AM
And if may mention...if you're in a Rite Aid, pick up a 2 gallon watering can at tremendous value. I need the business.

BTW...JT..ride to win!!

gilberth
12-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Josh,
I'll watching you guys pound up to Coit Tower on the ITT.
Killer climb. Good luck.
Howard
http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/Route/stages.html

waterford2ride
12-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Good luck!

I've been following a local boy done good - Tom Zirbel from Priority Health. Tell him I say Hi! when you are next to him!

Wish I had the genetics to make it to that level!

T-

Elvis
12-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Ok brutha thanx for the update.

JoyofSpin
12-08-2006, 05:11 PM
As always my wishes for a safe strong winning season of racing! Knock em off their feet! - Joy

Pro
12-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Not sure if we are going to be doing the Tour of Cali... I'll let you guys know as soon as I do. I would say that we won't be...Logistics. The race entry fee is between $15,000-20,000 per team! Oh yeah baby, welcome to pro racing! It's a ton of cash to run a team! Thanks for all the kind words guys. Look for our schedule soon!

Live for the RIDE...

Viking
12-09-2006, 09:32 PM
hey josh,

is mike norton from florida? i seem to remember the name from 2001 jr. nationals for track racing...great rider!

if your team races superweek in wisconsin, we'll be there to cheer you on.

good luck!

Pro
01-03-2007, 09:22 AM
Viking

Sorry...It's taken me so long to get back to you about Norton! I don't get on here that much... Our Mike Norton is not from FL. He's from Canada and is a really talented rider. Maybe he has a twin brother we should know about!:cool:

Any of you guys out there in Pedal-On land live in the Santa Barbara area that want to go for a ride... I'll be out there training Jan. 9th-19th... 5-6 hour days most of the time... Some days will be 2 hour recovery rides...Let me know.

Willie53
01-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Hi Josh. Did Zak stay with the team, and do you now have 2 Canucks on the team? Last August I took your Race Day workshop at CanFitPro when you were in the process of recovering from a fall. The workshop was excellent, but in my classes I've never been able to emulate the intensity of what we did that day. I also lost the list of music you recommended to us. Will you be at the Toronto conference this year?

Pro
01-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Willie53

Zak is no longer with the team...He went to Symetrics, a Team out of Canada. Better fit for him if you know what I mean. I will be at Can-Fit-Pro this year...See ya there?

Willie53
02-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Willie53

Zak is no longer with the team...He went to Symetrics, a Team out of Canada. Better fit for him if you know what I mean. I will be at Can-Fit-Pro this year...See ya there?

I plan to be at Can-Fit-Pro, and to take at least one of your workshops.
regards,
Willie