PDA

View Full Version : Armstrong Commercial

Cheeze
05-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Those of you fortunate enough to have OLN and who have been watching the Giro have no doubt seen the new Nike commercial of Lance Armstrong. A very very well done commercial. However the neat part is you have to watch it several times - you have to look beyond the bike to catch all the symbolism and background themes.

My wife and I have been trying to identify all the symbolism and realize all the messages. Every time we watch it..........we see something new. Feel free to share your interpretation(s).

Kinda like Spinning. Look beyond the bike........

Love the ending. However you ride - it still should be fun. Let the child in you come out.

Cheeze

Cheeze
05-29-2004, 09:17 PM
Thanks Toz for the link. Is that young man at the end of the commercial wearing a Packer helmet? (Just trying to make you feel a little homesick).
When (if) you come back to Wisconsin you'll have to save me a saddle in your class. I hear good tings!

A lot of good things come from Wisconsin............

Cheeze

bluenoser
05-30-2004, 07:19 AM
I can't get the link to the "Store" to work . . . I'm curious about these bracelets.

So, are we going to share our interpretations of the ad? I'm game.

fitwalk10
05-30-2004, 09:30 AM
Hi Bluenoser,

Just go to Lancearmstrong.com and you can find out how to get the bracelets.

raptor
05-30-2004, 08:51 PM
That kid at the end of the commercial needs a pro (or at least development) team contract.

One of the neat things about watching The Lance Chronicles on OLN is seeing how freakin' FAST he is on his training rides. We know the guy's fast, but it's amazing every time nonetheless.

Lynn

BarbJ
06-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the link to the commercial. Very cool :cool:

Fletcher
06-23-2004, 07:11 PM
I made my husband (a totally non-cyclilng guy) watch the Lance Chronicles for a few minutes just to see how fast he was climbing!

By the way, does anyone have any detailed terrain info on the stages for the Tour yet? I know you can get the mountain stages on the official site, but what about the others?:confused:

24spinngirl
06-24-2004, 07:32 PM
:) I live in portland
The Nike campus is wonderful and the Lance Armstrong BLG. Is very cool
of course it is the Head quarters. All the buildings are great the whole campus is a great place, the lake and running trails around the campus are great.
I have to get the "Livestrong" Braclets

spinderella
06-28-2004, 11:25 AM
There is quite a bit of info on the stages terrain for this years Tour on their official wesiteTour de France: The official website (http://www.letour.com/indexus.html)

you have to dig around in the site for awhile to find all it has to offer. But it shows the entire route and then breaks it down stage by stage!

Fletcher
07-02-2004, 10:06 PM
I am doing a few TDF rides in my class, and I have ordered the Livestrong braceletes to give to my people who will wear the yellow jersey. FYI. I am wearing one myself, and they are quite large. It's almost falling off!

24spinngirl
07-02-2004, 10:49 PM
I too have one LOVE IT :)

I just love the promo on it, the media group on Portland Oregon does a great job. What a great place Portland is, Yes it's my town. Some of the places in the comercial are of Oregon :)
I love the idea yellow everyone see it and ask about it :)

24 :)

cyclefreak
07-03-2004, 12:03 PM
I did the same thing. I ordered 20 and gave to riders and coworkers. Everyone wants to know what they're for. I wish they were smaller though. They fit guys but it's way big on my teeny wrist.

24spinngirl
07-03-2004, 10:37 PM
:) I wished they came in 2 sizes
SM/Med and Med/Lg & one other Lg/xlg I know some body builders that would like one byt too small.
When someone ask "what is that for?" I tell them and then ask would they like to buy one. The money that I get goes back to help the cause. :)
We have PINK for Breast now we have YELLOW for prostate.
I help put with "Make a Wish" granting wishes for children with life threating.
Cancer can take over a life so quickly. When I go to the houses to see about granting a wish, I see the pain that the parents are going through. Kids know that they are going to be fine they have mommy and daddy.
Of course all of the kids that I have granted wishes are ok, I never want to here about the bad parts. I did have one die before we could grant her the wish that she wanted. That really opened my eyes but broke my heart that some little person @ the age of 4 would go so quick. :(
Sorry I guess I got off track :o

But the yellow braclets and ware then proud :)

24 :)

Fletcher
07-04-2004, 06:07 PM
You are awesome, Spinning Girl! I had a very sick little girl for a while, and I know how awful it can be. Good for you to help all those little ones!:p

JFK
07-13-2004, 09:29 PM
I prefer the cyclingnews.com Tour preview. It seems easier to navigate than the "official" site. In any case, tomorrow (Weds. 7/14 - fete de la Bastille) is the first mountain stage. I'm already stressed out...;)

cyclefreak
07-21-2004, 04:31 PM
Does anyone know the name or artist of that song on the commercial? It always gives me goosebumps. I'd love to have it.

bill a
07-21-2004, 06:24 PM

I now know that we have a lot in common. I too have been working for the Make A Wish foundation for better than 7 years now. These little kids are so remarkable. When you visit them be it in the hospital or at home, they just do not know that they are sick, they are just glad to see you. I have lost one in my 7 years and I do not think I will ever forget him. 24, I guess between the both of us we have quite a few stories that we could tell.

I sent my newest one one of Lance's yellow bracelets. She is in remission now and we are so excited!

Bill