PDA

View Full Version : Not quite new.

britspin
07-05-2006, 10:26 AM
But I can't find the original...do you recall me moaning about a crappy article in Triathlete magazine, dissing Spinning instructors? Well I replied, & got published! July issue..on the newstands now.
They have taken a pop at me, but I don't care...Fame at last.

RaffCycles
07-05-2006, 10:36 AM
But I can't find the original...do you recall me moaning about a crappy article in Triathlete magazine, dissing Spinning instructors? Well I replied, & got published! July issue..on the newstands now.
They have taken a pop at me, but I don't care...Fame at last.

Thanks for taking a stand for all of us. I've heard people say "Oh, you're just a Spinning instructor." and man would I like to take them out on the road and punish them until they went home crying to momma.

jwspin
07-05-2006, 12:42 PM
I just let my subscription lapse...tired of all of the adds. I do remember an article that talked about Dave Scotts classes...no music, just a hard workout with "the man"...is that what your reply was too?

britspin
07-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Yup thats the one. I took exception.

Becca713
07-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Is your reply also floating around online? I'd love to read both that and the original "diss"!

megale3
07-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Come on man what are you talking about what did you say?what was their take what you had addressed? I am not going to by trigeek magazine unless you are going to autograph it in person dude LOL

Meg

britspin
07-06-2006, 02:25 AM
Somewhere on this site, I am sure that I put up the original article, and my reply, but I could not find it yesterday..it was in a thread that featured a posting from Patrick about an article featuring a review of a spin class in a hispanoc magazine that got him hot under the collar with its inaccuracies...ring any bells?
If it can't be found, then I shall reproduce here, the offending article.

skates
07-06-2006, 07:14 AM
Here is the thread:

The link to article doesn't work.

http://pedal-on.com/showthread.php?t=1703&page=2&highlight=Triathlete+magazine

jwspin
07-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Oh and music can be a huge motivator Dave
Great reply....I especially liked this last part! I'm sure his classes are awesome, but, like you said, there is no reason to bash everyone else.

keifer
07-08-2006, 01:52 PM
I've heard people say "Oh, you're just a Spinning instructor." and man would I like to take them out on the road and punish them until they went home crying to momma.

Britspin thanks for going to bat for us.

RaffCycles I just had that thrown at me by some 'roadies' at work who thought I was one of them until I mentioned that I also teach Spinning, on top of cycling to work daily.

"Isn't that the girly fitness program chicks go to for dance music." I told them to come try one of my classes and let me know how girly it was after ... grrrrr