PDA

View Full Version : Foot Discomfort

Elvis
03-30-2006, 08:47 PM
I had some one ask me about foot discomfort. The right foot on the out side? The set-up is with the cages/toe clips and sneakers.Any idea's Thanx

Pink
03-30-2006, 08:51 PM
I had a rider in last week's intro class that complained his toes go numb when riding outside and it happened during the spin class.

I asked the obvious -- shoes too tight, cages too tight, pedaling with a flat foot so the toes don't pitch forward. Everything seems to be OK so I'm clueless. I spent a while on-line googling, but nothing but the obvious was mentioned.

So I'll be watching this thread for ideas.

CindyMarie
03-30-2006, 09:52 PM
could be the type of shoe they use? I know that when I spin with my running shoes rather than my bike shoes, my feet feel uncomfortable/a little numb... because the soles are not stiff enough.

raptor
03-30-2006, 11:21 PM
Numb toes: tight shoes. Not necessarily tight all over, just the wrong spot.

Also, pedal pressure through soft soles. I had a numb toe on my left foot that lasted three months, from one night of binding my feet to the pedal too hard while wearing gym shoes.

Lynn

britspin
03-31-2006, 05:05 AM
I am guessing trainers, like all the others here, get them into cycle shoes if poss, one of my guys recently bought his first pair and could not believe how much better it was. He finally understood what pulling up on the pedals meant!

Legspeed
03-31-2006, 08:16 AM
For those that object to having specialty shoes, specialty inserts (http://tinyurl.com/nfktt) might be an acceptable alternative.