PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Turnstep

bikerchick2
03-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Hey,
Does anyone know what happened to the Turnstep site?:confused: Honestly I like pedal-on better, because I get more info from here. But I like to read the other catagories on Turnstep that aren't on Pedal-on. Just wondering if anyone knew what the deal was?:cool:

ChocolatePizzaRedWine
03-25-2006, 04:06 PM
I know they have been having really sloooow response lately. I was assuming it's bandwidth issues, but don't know for sure. Have you heard something different?

-t

bktenn
03-25-2006, 07:14 PM
I Was Just On The Other Day Had No Problem

Chikita Banana North
03-26-2006, 09:55 AM
It's extremely irregular with postings...they go months with no updates and then all of a sudden it's up to date!
I use to love that site...not so much anymore!

Brandy
03-26-2006, 10:12 AM
It's up now.

Guava Cycle Girl
04-02-2006, 02:23 AM
One of the best things I have so far noticed about the pedal on website is the maturity of the people on the website and the general passion for what we do as instructors and the support everyone offers on another. I have noticed on turnstep a few people that are really not nice on the postings and make no so nice comments. I was acutally surprised so I stopped going on it and I have donated many ideas to the site but I like the people here much better and the attitude and enthusiasm is so wonderful!! Thanks to everyone here! I really enjoy checking out this site. I can't believe I have been teaching spinning for so long and never knew it existed. I have some participants that wanted to be part of the site because they love spinning so much but I am not sure if it is a place for participants as well? Anyone have any thoughts?

Have a great day!! Cheers Rachel:p

kszspin
04-02-2006, 08:34 AM
Rachel,

Sure, welcome anyone who loves IC to come to this forum to learn and share. It is for all of us with the same passion :) , and perhaps it would even motivate them to one day get certified.
This forum is just 2yrs old, before that many people were on the spinning forum. But then it shut down for a couple months (that's when this site started up thank God!) and the entire spinning website was re-done, then they brought back the spinning forum but it's format was no longer the same (used to be sort of like this), it's very hard to navigate with no seperate sections or search functions. This is probably why I spend more time here, cause I can find and use the tools better, plus I've gotten quite fond of everyone on here too ;) .

bikerchick2
04-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Guava Cycle,
I agree with you about Turnstep. I have noticed some really nasty people lately. I don't know what is up with that. I am getting frustrated with the site as well.
It is back up for now.

lilrubie
04-02-2006, 10:39 AM
I know! Those rude people ruin it!! This is much more civilized.

ChocolatePizzaRedWine
04-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Those rude people ruin it!! This is much more civilized.

I'm with you. Some of them are really nasty. I wonder if they would be more polite if they had to register with a username to contribute to the forums.

I much prefer pedal-on for cycling info. Unfortunately, for the other stuff I teach, turnstep is the only game in town. *sigh*

EuroD
04-03-2006, 01:13 PM
I prefer Pedal-On to Turnstep. I think one of my reasons is that no one here diva's it up! My main reason is that it is very international, and appears to have folks who give sound advice (not that TS doesn't), and it's consistent.

Pat on the back to all of you!

megale3
04-03-2006, 01:31 PM
I prefer Pedal-On to Turnstep. I think one of my reasons is that no one here diva's it up! My main reason is that it is very international, and appears to have folks who give sound advice (not that TS doesn't), and it's consistent.

Pat on the back to all of you!

Here is one reason

Enjoy!

Roadhouse Blues / The Doors / 5:21 - warm up
I'll Never Dance With Another / The Beatles / 2:55 - seated flat adding resistance each minute
Magic Carpet Ride / Steppenwolf / 4:27 - climb at 3 for 1 minute, climb at 2 for 1 minute, seated for 1 minute (triples?) rep
Break On Through / The Doors / 2:26 - climb at 2 adding stroke during chorus (80%-85%)
All Along the Watchtower / Jimi Hendrix / 4:00 - stairs
Back in the USSR / The Beatles / 2:43 - sprints
We Will Rock You / Queen / 5:04 - seated climb adding resistance each minute (80%-100%)
Whole Lotta Love / Led Zepplin / 5:33 - climb at 3, hover during the freaky part :), climb at 2 to finish out song
Fortunate Son / Creedence Clearwater Revival / 2:41 - right and left leg with push ups Piece of My Heart / Janis Joplin / 4:16 - rider's choice
Don't Fear the Reaper / Blue Oyster Cult / 5:08 - paceline (leader sprints for 15 seconds)
Jammin' / Bob Marley / 3:17 - cool down and stretch

I like the music though :D
Megale

megale3
04-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Megale,

Makes me think of one of the episodes of the Three Stooges... :D

LOL woo woo woo yun yunk certainly..:D

Guava Cycle Girl
04-04-2006, 02:19 AM
Hey !!

I am sooo happy I am not the only who noticed the turnstep website. I remember donating a pattern and then some person ripped it apart! I was so surprised by the attitude. I am not sure if it is just one person but it was such a disapointment. I am loving this site and spreading the word with my company so that more instructors hop on board!!

Whoever did this website is brilliant!

Cheers Rachel

Robert
04-04-2006, 03:30 AM
All Along the Watchtower / Jimi Hendrix / 4:00 - stairs

STAIRS ???????? :eek:

Who cycles up stairs, FFS ? :rolleyes:

Now, going downhill on stairs on a Marin MTB would be cool....:D

bikerchick2
04-04-2006, 02:29 PM
I agree! I like Pedal-On. You all are more laid back and friendly. :D