View Full Version : How did you come up with your User Name?

03-23-2006, 08:38 PM
I was wondering how everyone came up with their "user" names? Some are very interesting. Lots of people at our facility call me "bikerchick", that is why I use that user name. Tell us your story?:p

03-23-2006, 08:40 PM
No exciting story here...it's my just my name. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/BrandyMama/laughcover.gif

03-23-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm dull as well....k for kelly and sz is the first two letters of my last name, then spin for hmmmm :rolleyes: what could that be??

What I wanna know is where Elvis got that avatar!!! :eek:

03-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Marnie is my first name and if you ever watched Saturday Night Live there was a character played by Rob Schneider - "Rick, the Copy Guy" - who made up nicknames for his co-workers. Someone imitated him once and called me "Marnster" in the "Rick, the Copy Guy" voice and it stuck :rolleyes: ~ "There goes the Marnsterrr off to the Spinning stuuudiooooooo" Corny, I know!

03-23-2006, 10:15 PM
No not corny kind of like mine but different-Ok Mine starts back to the first Spinning (R) forum in 1999 LOL. My name is Mike but I didn't want to use that someone else already did. So I thought hey give it a twist and call my self Miguel :confused: "wait!" you say "you spelled it different!"- I know -it was a typo and it stuck The "3" part is the hand possition I consider my favorite movement- I have kept it on because like I said it stuck.

03-23-2006, 10:27 PM
The color of my hair.

03-23-2006, 10:28 PM

03-23-2006, 10:42 PM
LOL, Pink!

Mine comes the from the name of my cat -- Shadow-Bear (RIP).

03-24-2006, 05:44 AM
It's the name my wife (Priscilla) calls me.Ha Ha. What's funny is when I read the threads & look at the "user" name I envision a male or female. Sometimes I am right & sometimes I an wrong. :eek:

03-24-2006, 05:47 AM
I swear sometimes a student can look like that kid(avatar) in class.:D Or worse I look like that to them( a real spaz):o

03-24-2006, 06:03 AM
My answer to any problem:

and afterwards the problem is usually not as large as it seemed before OR it totally disappears. It works for me!!

03-24-2006, 06:40 AM
*My* answer to any problem (or celebration):

which creates a whole new set of problems, so I have to GoSpin.

:) Tara

03-24-2006, 07:48 AM
The screwing up the gender is right up my alley! I'm constantly thinking someone is a guy, and he ends up being a chick, or the opposite!

Elvis...that kid (avatar) is so neat to see each time you post, you can't help but smile cause he looks like he is so joyful :) . I wish I could just be that silly and happy sometimes.

Tara...love your name, except I'm a blushy wine girl :p . So mine would have to say ChocolatePizzaZinfindalWine! Rather a mouth full, huh?

One Cent
03-24-2006, 08:27 AM
I feel so dull now!
Mine is a nickname my siblings and many others have called me for years.
My real name is Penny hence the one cent (nickel, quarter and penelope have also been covered!). I was blessed with sisters named Patty and Paula being the 3rd girl my father decided to cover all the Ps.:D

03-24-2006, 09:13 AM
My name is Alex... short for Alexandra... and the Kaboom is my South American heritage... my husband says that I have a bad "Latin" temper and would explode every time someone steps on my shadow (:D he's lying...!) so the "Alexkaboom" kinda stuck....

My avatar is a volcano... hence the "exploding" part... :rolleyes:

I'm really sweet and calm... really!

03-24-2006, 09:29 AM
I love to cycle so that explains the last part of my user name. The first part happened because at work one day someone stopped by office and said

"Hey Raff, you busy doin' nothin'? I need help wit sumtin'."

So my friends started to call me Raff.

03-24-2006, 09:53 AM
It was all I heard from my coach during my short, misguided foray into competition.

03-24-2006, 10:47 AM
I swear sometimes a student can look like that kid(avatar) in class.:D Or worse I look like that to them( a real spaz):o

I've seen several participants in class that look like that. It always gets me wondering how long it will take for them to fall off the bike!!! http://www.tinklebelle.com/Smilies/images/head_hurts_kr.gif

My username is pretty self explanatory. ;)

03-24-2006, 11:07 AM
Mine is boring as well. My name is Mitch and I live in NY. Many Many Moons ago I used the handle Flasher :eek: on the CB (Citizens Band Radio) but thought better about using it.

03-24-2006, 02:13 PM
Hey....I thought maybe the rumors of ELVIS never dying were true and he is a cycle instructor somewhere....staying fit and trim. I just love your little "running guy". Where did you find him?:D

It's the name my wife (Priscilla) calls me.Ha Ha. What's funny is when I read the threads & look at the "user" name I envision a male or female. Sometimes I am right & sometimes I an wrong. :eek:

03-24-2006, 04:44 PM
I "earned" the name Pearl in high school (just a FEW years ago) when I was really tan (tans were IN way back then) and smiling playing third base in softball. My team mates said that they could see my pearly whites from all over the field (we all had nick names on the field, didn't everyone?)

My avatar has nothing to do with my user name. I just love Snoopy and the whole Peanuts Gang.

03-25-2006, 09:00 AM
I use cycling to train for my other passion. Ice Hockey!!! I play every opportunity I get. 5:30 am, I'm in. 11:30 PM. I'm in. What I do on the bike translates to the ice like nothing else. I play for a team in a mens league. We are the Roadrunners. Hence the name.:)

03-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Waiting to hear how Cheeze got his name.......

03-26-2006, 01:06 AM
Hey, I live in the wonderful, green and .....wet Pacific Northwest, hence, my name.

My avatar is just like me!!!

Chikita Banana North
03-26-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm always eating bananas...so my clients started calling me Chikita Banana...and I'm from Canada...so CHIKITA BANANA NORTH it is!

03-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Prior to my days as a spin instructor, I was a powerlifter. I am not big and bulky, as a matter of fact when I competed my weight class was around 118 and I am 5'5". However, my training partner used to motivate me by telling my I was the top doll in the weight room. Well, I am in my 40s now and I may not be the strongest lifter anymore, but I like the name. He called me "top" for short.

03-27-2006, 01:52 AM
When I first got on-line in the mid-1980's, I picked what I like most. Not the dinosaur, the bird. I'm always "Raptor" wherever I go on-line now, unless someone's beat me to it.

I need to get an avatar.

03-28-2006, 09:29 AM
is just a years-old userID that I always use for all kinds of stuff. Not creative enough to come up with something new, I guess.

03-28-2006, 02:07 PM
I totally agree about the guy/girl perception & most of the time wrong about it. I was wrong about "Megale" I though it was a girl named Gale(Gail) and she was saying Me....Gale!!!! Sorry Mike! Your explanation about how you got your username is hilarious! Ok.....how did I get mine? I am a Girl and I drive a 2003 Pontiac Firebird hence...bad bird driver!!!!!! I need to put a picture of my bad bird as my avatar. Later...............:cool:

03-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Mine is very easy and I bet you can figure it out with out me even telling.

So = South
Fl = Florida
Gal = Gal

So I'm a south florida gal.

03-28-2006, 03:25 PM

That was so easy, duh? I wondered about your user name for the last 2 yrs??:p It was right in front of me...

04-02-2006, 10:47 AM
:D I am so glad to see you all responding to this post. I love it! I was on the one where we put our photo's in. I think I am getting in late on that one. But it was nice to put faces with your names now. Have a gReAt day.

04-02-2006, 11:30 AM
My screen name came about about 5 years ago.I love to watch pro wrestling and my favourite wrestlers at the time were Stone Cold Stave Austin & Bill Goldberg.Unintentionally,with my hair 'thinning' and my beard 'thickening' people at work started seeing a resembalance.So one thing led to another and as the smoke cleared and the dust had settled i had Goldberg's tattoo put on my shoulder and "Austin 3:16" became "Rick316" in a heartbeat.

04-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Thanks Rick! Very in...ter...est...ing!:D

04-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Thanks Rick! Very in...ter...est...ing!:D
Hey what can I say,it got me another post!