PDA

View Full Version : Weird club members

dacarzi
02-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Several years ago I started to get provocative instant messages at my home computer.
They continued until a point when a message came up that said,"Are you David from the Fitness Center?" I replied no and the IMs stopped. I was a bit shaken and figured that a club member may have gotten my home email from a instructor phone/email list that was left around the club. As a 40 year old mail this attention was a bit disconcerting and I have no idea if the messager was a male or female and what their ultimate intentions were. I did mention the situation to club management but nothing was ever done.:(

Has anyone else had unwanted advances like this?

kszspin
02-13-2006, 05:24 PM
Haven't had any stange invasions of privacy like you said, but I have had the kind of members once in a while who get pretty attached and are at your side the moment you walk in to the moment you leave. I sometimes find myself making up excuses to get away:eek: . These folks are just being very friendly and they are harmless. But, I think if I ever got an email or phone call I would be a bit anxious to know how they got that info. If you haven't already, I would inform the director so they can monitor those phone lists.

rick316
02-13-2006, 05:51 PM
I purposely ask other staff to give out my mobile number/email to anyone that asks (or doesn't). I never get bothered!:mad:

Robert
02-14-2006, 04:07 AM
I purposely ask other staff to give out my mobile number/email to anyone that asks (or doesn't). I never get bothered!:mad:

Typical, isn't it? The ones you want bothering you never ask for your number and the ones from whom you try to escape always seem to find you!

No fair! :mad:

britspin
02-14-2006, 04:42 AM
At our centre we all have our 'stalkers', which we all acknowledge, and keep at arms distance, with various signs & signals to alert each other that it is time to move away, so we get the 'urgent phone call', or the client who insists on speaking to you etc. All relatively harmless fun....so far....