PDA

View Full Version : Keiser M3i Calibration

SamIAm
03-12-2018, 05:36 PM
There are several threads on PO about the Keiser M3 and the "watts drift" issue, namely that the actual physical effort to produce some number of watts can vary greatly from bike to bike over time. Does anyone know if the M3i suffers from this same problem?

Vivienne
03-13-2018, 09:54 AM
I'm willing to bet it does. I haven't tried these newer bikes..... but, if they're using the same magnetic resistance technology, you can be sure.

Me, I'd give these bikes a test drive to answer my own question...

MarthaK
03-14-2018, 10:47 AM
I believe they might. The studio where I teach got those bikes in December and one rider said he now has to work harder to produce the same amount of watts as he did on the old bikes and also said that his power varies a lot from week to week. He tries to use the same bike every week so at least he can get some consistency that way.

Vivienne
03-14-2018, 12:05 PM
I believe they might. The studio where I teach got those bikes in December and one rider said he now has to work harder to produce the same amount of watts as he did on the old bikes and also said that his power varies a lot from week to week. He tries to use the same bike every week so at least he can get some consistency that way.

A beacon of hope. Hang onto him!