PDA

View Full Version : Wssc 2006 - Fll Or Mia

Alaricnj
02-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Hello,

I'm going to be booking my airfare soon and wanted to know if anyone knows how far Ft. Laurderdale would be to Miami - travle time. Doing some research on airfare it seems flying into FLL is alittle cheaper. Has anyone decided on FLL instead of MIA?

Mike

Pink
02-09-2006, 05:14 PM
I just investigated this yesterday.

From Miami Int'l:
Super Shuttle that stops at major hotels (Intercontinental included) $15
Private Taxi: $20-25 flat fee

From Ft. Lauderdale:
Private Taxi: $60-80 flat fee
No shuttle service

Cheeze
02-09-2006, 09:49 PM
I can fly direct to FLL from Milwaukee. In years past I had to switch planes in Atlanta. This year I can fly to FLL non stop for $55.00 less than the Miami via Atlanta rate. According to IC Hotel reservations it is 25 miles from FLL airport to their front door. A taxi ride is up to $80.00. They claim the Shuttle runs from FLL Airport at a cost of $26.00 @ way. And..............the lines waiting to go through security can't be anything like they are at Miami.

Cheeze

Pink
02-10-2006, 07:03 AM
Hmmm, I guess it depends who answers the phone at the Intercontinental reservation desk. When I called, the gal told me that there is NO shuttle running from Ft. Lauderdale to their door. Silly me believed she knew what she was talking about...

Alaricnj
02-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the information guys. Iím going to hold off on the airfare alittle bit more. FLL seems to be the cheapest right now.

I booked my hotel reservation at ICH at $155/per night (that 13% tax on top of it is going to be a killer). Iím starting to look at surrounding hotels as a possible replacement. I donít really mind walking to ICH instead.

Mike