PDA

View Full Version : Plans to add "Stage" button on Keiser computer monitors??

Lisa Goldman
06-30-2013, 11:30 PM
I love the Keiser bikes I teach on, but miss the "stage" button that the Schwinns have. Anybody know if Keiser plans to add a feature like that? (And if so, if there will be a way to "retrofit" the current Keisers to add that, since one of my locations just purchased the Keiser's last year, and won't likely replace the bikes for ~5 years.)

Thanks,
Lisa

liveon2wheels
07-01-2013, 05:03 AM
I've been waiting for Keiser to replace their computer since ANT+ was first announced. I sure hope they put a "Stage" or "Lap" button on the bike, but here's the most important part of that - they need to make sure all of the data that is able to be downloaded (to usb) or uploaded (to mobile device or the net) has each stage or lap separately identified with all the pertinent stats already calculated for each stage. The last time I used the Stage button on a schwinn, almost everything was averaged separately for the stage EXCEPT for the single most important data point, and the reason we do 90% of our intervals - the POWER!! Can anyone tell me if they have since changed their computers so that Power is also segregated by stage. It makes all power tests impossible unless you do some fancy calculations after the fact, or unless you turn their computer on and off to make it reset - an Epic MISS of an essential feature in my opinion.