PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using YouTube to create video playlists?

InnerDrive
05-15-2013, 08:37 AM
I've been playing around with it a bit... I think it could be fun! I'm playing both with music videos and videos with more visual appeal - really enjoying all of the cool GoPro videos out there! I've installed browser add-ons to block ads and automatically default to the highest quality video, so playback looks pretty good. It's also possible in the playlist manager to edit the starting and ending point of each video, so it's possible to get rid of any dead air at the beginning and end to reduce gaps between videos.

I thought if anyone else is doing this, perhaps we could share our video playlists the same way we share audio playlists on spotify, etc.

My YouTube user name is jsnowash, and my playlists are set to public.

Anyone else?

InnerDrive
05-17-2013, 10:30 AM
p.s. Here's a video playlist I put together for a 45 min class. Enjoy! (install adblock for the browser of your choice to skip the ads....)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SedmySypFZw&list=PLUS9WQ3T0ewu0PYx4LiPPrdNIyC6a5iEL

kayguidera
10-05-2013, 07:21 PM
i dont know anything about this but just started working at a place that has video woudl love to figure out how to do this
do you download a video from you tube onto your ipod?
kay

InnerDrive
10-06-2013, 04:42 AM
Kay -

We have a computer in the cycle room with wi-fi that's connected to our video system, so we just stream Youtube playlists directly from the 'net - which is convenient, but have occasionally had hiccups with slow buffering/loading. Not often - but every now and then.... I'm assuming you're using an ipod touch? If so, it is possible to create youtube video playlists and access them via a Youtube app on your ipod. You would probably also want to download an ad-block app so you don't see ads before the videos. In my experience replaying playlists on my iphone, there's a little buffering between songs, so the transition isn't quite as smooth as replaying them on a PC, and any editing I've done to the playlists doesn't seem to come through when replayed on the iphone. (some full-length music videos have long-ish non-musical introductions or endings that can be cropped out when making playlists on a PC). You can always purchase videos directly from itunes (obviously more expensive than YouTube!)

Clemens
12-18-2013, 01:06 PM
I use Youtube to create playlist a lot. It's not because it's free but I love to watch the (stupid) music videos while training ;) I can not train while watching TV or movies.
The problem with the YT is they delete the tracks from time to time.

Mlabich
02-13-2014, 03:06 PM
is anyone able to provide a tutorial on how to use videos from utube while playing music from Rhapsody during spin class. PLEASE!

groupfitpower
02-14-2014, 10:05 AM
is anyone able to provide a tutorial on how to use videos from utube while playing music from Rhapsody during spin class. PLEASE!

I think you just need to get comfortable shifting back and forth between apps or devices. Since ios7 won't broacast music videos in my music playlists onto the screen anymore, I use my Galaxy to play the youtube videos and the music on Spotify is on my old iPhone. I just pause one while playing the other. It is ugly, but the riders don't seem to mind because at least they get to watch something.

InnerDrive
02-16-2014, 09:13 PM
I think you just need to get comfortable shifting back and forth between apps or devices. Since ios7 won't broacast music videos in my music playlists onto the screen anymore, I use my Galaxy to play the youtube videos and the music on Spotify is on my old iPhone. I just pause one while playing the other. It is ugly, but the riders don't seem to mind because at least they get to watch something.

Why can't you play the audio for the music videos through your Galaxy tab? Or are you using videos that aren't music videos?

groupfitpower
02-18-2014, 08:46 AM
Why can't you play the audio for the music videos through your Galaxy tab? Or are you using videos that aren't music videos?

I don't know the "why" as in, "who did it this way"? But the way it is: we have 2 HDMI devices on our sound board. Only the Blu-Ray/DVD player HDMI audio will play over the speakers. The external HDMI outlet that I use to connect my Galaxy does not output the audio too. I found out this weekend that I can use the headphone jack and a sound cable to get the sound to play, so it looks like this will now be a moot point.

Can I just say how incredible the quality of the video from my Galaxy is? We're talking out-of-this-world good. The iPhone video is always a little bit grainy and sometimes will be resized in a way that doesn't look quite right. I over the moon with how good HD videos look on the screen now. And since it would appear my audio problem has been solved, all is right with the world. :-)

Oh, and the reason that I don't use Spotify on my Galaxy too and just do the whole thing with one device is because the Galaxy will always display whatever is on the screen at all times when it is hooked up to output video. I don't really want the Spotify app showing up on the screen while we are riding, and I don't want people to be distracted watching me flip back and forth trying to get back to youtube, so I just stick to the iPhone and unplug and plug back in. Also, in the most recent Spotify update, I've noticed that the Galaxy will interrupt for a moment, a brief pause if you will, when the crossfaded song is being started. It is so strange to have your music hiccup 12 seconds from the end every time.

Ahhh, first world technology problems!!