PDA

View Full Version : Keiser Gears

Carole
04-29-2013, 06:47 AM
We are having issues with our Keiser M3's. The gears seem to be off. Flats do not start until gear 16 or 17 but then the resistance kicks in at 18 and barely moveable at 22. This is not just one or two bikes but all of them. We have had the regional tech to calibrate but his fix only last a day or so. The manuals do not seem to address this issue. We love using the power but it is hard to teach with the bikes not holding resistance and unrealistic power numbers.

liveon2wheels
04-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Seems like a simple calibration issue. You should be able to call their tech support and they can walk you through it. The fact that it didn't "last" is the real anomaly. If it happens again, (after you calibrate them yourselves) they should send you an experienced tech support person to help.

octathorpe
05-05-2013, 09:58 PM
try the basic recalibration before every class. It will be exciting for the regular students to discover something new about the bikes. Just crank it all the way up and down three times quickly. The computer will show all zeros and, viola!, the gears will be reset.

Viktoria
07-26-2013, 10:02 PM
We just got these bikes yesterday at our gym and I was able to help some members out only because I had scrolled through this thread previously! Thanks for sharing everyone! You made me look like I knew what I was doing! :)

Matt Devanney
10-09-2013, 07:43 PM
I have been instructing on these bikes for a year now and am just learning this now. Thanks for the info!