PDA

View Full Version : Should be lemon not Lemond

eggweed
03-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Bought this bike based on user reviews and Hoist web site stating all bikes 100% inspected. I am now on my third defective bike. The 1st bike had a defective flywheel and handle bars that would not sit straight. The flywheel had a dent which caused a snapping noise with every revolution. Swapped it for another bike and this one had an oval shaped flywheel which caused a much worse noise and a jumping sensation in the handle bars. Now one month later and 3rd bike finally no flywheel issues but having handle bar issues not sitting straight. Very frustrated this is not a cheap bike and fed up. Hoist has some major manufacturing issues this is by no means a coincidence 3 defective bikes in a row I think not. They will not compensate and take responsibility just want to keep swapping parts and bikes until they get it right. I have to live with the handlebars not sitting straight because I don`t trust not getting a bike with more and worse defects. These bike are heavy and it has been a hassle. The whole experience with buying Hoist bike has been terrible. It`s to bad because I am sure it would have been a great buy if not for the defects. The bike is quiet and smooth. 5 stars for that.. it just took 3 bikes , one month, lots of emails,phone calls to the store, tech visits, 5 trips up and down stairs etc.... I hope this review keeps people from going through what I have.... buy something else or make sure your 100% satisfied before leaving the store.

melboney
03-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Kind of sounds like how an actual relationship with Mr. LeMond would be; finicky, uncomfortable, and everyone involved with him is incredibly defensive and refuses to resolve the issues at hand. But he when could perform he was pretty awesome.

Todd S
03-27-2013, 11:49 AM
.... and in the end he was proven to be right.

admin
03-28-2013, 04:28 PM
.... and in the end he was proven to be right.

Todd I've used the phrase "he's been redeemed in the eyes of some" but word is he can be a real pill to work with.