PDA

View Full Version : Spin Room Decor

spinmomma
01-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Describe your "Spin Room"!

Blacklight, dark blue walls, mirrors on a portion of one wall, instructor bike on a platform, bikes line the walls (sort of a circle), Stereo on a rolling stereo cart (shelves for each piece)

One Cent
01-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Very Dark.
It is green and purple. No mirrors. 14 bikes on the floor - 6 in a balcony. Instructor bike at the front with stereo on the right of the bike. 2 fans on the floor and dark lights. It is foundly called the cave by other staff members at the gym!

woodieknot
01-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Instructor on raised platform, 8' high mirror behind instructor & down each side of room. Back wall is curvy with no mirrors. An odd shaped room no doubt. Floor is dark blue, ceiling is blacked out. We have 2 black lights and a "disco ball". Stereo is on a cart next to instructor. 38 Lemond bikes fanned out in 4 rows. Big turbo prop fans in the back of the room that you would swear offer no significant cooling at all. Mirrors steam up every class.

raptor
01-19-2006, 02:17 AM
Black paint and stainless steel (24 Hour Fitness Official Motif #231 I believe), one wall mirrored behind the instructor. Two walls in some gyms. Stereo next to instructor bike, which is mounted on a 6-8" stage.

I like the rooms with mirrors in back because when I have a video playing beside me I can just look up to see where it's at. I "join the crowd" in the other rooms when I play video.

One new feature of one room is a pair of high-mounted turbo-prop fans connected to their own wiring. Those suckers could be used by firefighters to clear smoke from a building. They are loud.

Lynn

alexkaboom
01-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Pale yellow walls with mirror behind instructor. Instructor bike on a platform. Nice quality stereo to the left of the instructor facing the participants.... (which is odd as instructor cannot see music progress).

Overhead television (bulky and old) for videos above stereo. In the corner next to the stereo a plastic cart with microphone transmitter, pens, spare CDs, silicone spray, gel seats, extra pedal cages, etc.

One side wall and back wall have large windows overlooking the other studio and cardio floor in the floor below.

14 bikes staggered in columns and rows. Two wall mounted fans, three pedestal fans, two floor fans and two large tripods for the speakers make the floor look crowded.

Cork board on the other side wall with information on safety, bike set-up, HRM and spinning handouts. One corner has a laundry bin for used towels.

5 or 6 bottles with cleaning liquid are placed "strategically" (LOL... joke here) around the room, on the floor.

Ventilation is ok but nowhere near ideal and rooms needs to be twice as big and less cluttered. We just bought the building so the new spinning room will move dowstairs and will be bigger and nicer (so they tell me anyway!)

Alex

Viking
01-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Pie shaped room also

11 bikes

white walls

the sound is lousy in the room but we survive

lights stay on during the class - no night rides :)

4 large windows look out over the treadmills, precors, etc

above these windows and the door are cycling photos most donated by Trek -- Armstrong in the early years & 2004, Gary Fisher Mt Bike Squad, Pantani, Greg LeMond from 1989 World Championships - Road Race, 7-11 Team from late 1980's I think Bob Roll is in there , framed 7-11 team jersey, gloves and cap from the 80's, a signed photo from Wisconsin favorite - Erin Veenstra-Mirabella from 2004 Olympics and a couple Olympic banners.

Opposite wall has a 6 foot x 5 foot painted mural of cyclists and 10 jersey's and/or skinsuits from local road & mt bike team, state champion jersey, 2003-04 national team, skinsuit from russia, local mt bike club jersey and a juniors development team for road & track cycling.

Anyone can use the spin bikes anytime

finnspin
01-21-2006, 11:21 PM
14 Schwinn bikes-4 on back wall-4 in front of them (front row)-1 corner-4 side wall, instructor in corner (no platform) stereo to my leftrear(also no vision of time) Speakers are the coolest-mounted in the ceiling to each side centered in room. Mirrored wall rightrear of me. HR chart wall to my left. portable AC on floor to my left(this also cool after 3 years of teaching in up to 92degrees). small floor fan in front facing class, 1 floor fan at door to blow cooler hall air in shelf mounted desktop fans in rightside wall corners. Air deadspots corner to my right(under shelf fan) and of course instructors bike NO AIR! lite yellow walls lites go off at start but I made overhead lighting using a road bike spoked wheel weaved xmas lites into spokes and then shot lines of lites out to walls throughout room makes for very cool effect. total room 20 x 20 Maybe? Closet. :cool:

jwspin
01-22-2006, 01:35 PM
small room ,black lights, black walls and floor. 15 star trac bikes crammed together with the instructors bike up front facing the class. No mirrors or extras...just lots of sweat!:D

bikerchick2
01-22-2006, 08:44 PM
we have about 20 bikes when they are all up and working. We have a nice room. 4 fans up high in corners. We have mirrors infront. We have dimmer lights. We have multicolored Christmas lights all around room. Hmmm...we have 2 murels(spelling?) on the walls of roads that you can ride on. We have a time clock, works most of time. We have a wall clock with time and temperature. We have an OKAY sound system. ummm...we have Lemond bikes and they are in rows. As an instructor I ride with my class, not towards them. I like it better that way.:p

Paul S.
01-22-2006, 08:49 PM
Iím at three places with very different setups:
#1: Cycling classes are held on a half-size basketball court (more like 1/3 size). The bikes are kept in a cage on one side when not in use, put out in a circular arrangement, the instructorís bike in the corner next to a karaoke box that provides barely adequate sound. The walls are decorated with graffiti art recreating the look of an urban playground, glowing in the dark when the black lights are put on. There is one big floor fan, lousy temperature control as the room has three uninsulated outside walls.
#2: One studio for all the group ex classes including cycling, making for inconvenient transitions between different types of classes. The bikes are kept along a glass wall that lets in a lot of light from the main room of the club even with the lights in the studio off. The bikes are put out in a semicircle, the instructorís bike separate at the middle of the opposite wall, next to a professional stereo system. Good temperature control, three smaller floor fans around the room.
#3: Dedicated room for cycling in the basement. Bikes in a somewhat haphazard arrangement, instructor in the corner next to a boom box, wired to speakers in all four corners that provide suprisingly good sound. There was no mic, I had to rig one up using an old mixer I had. Mood lighting provided by strings of Christmas lights hung from the ceiling. Three fans attached to the walls, good temperature control.
There are advantages and disadvantages to each place. I canít say which is best. Iím jealous about the video systems and raised platforms for the instructor others have mentioned!

jjaime213
02-04-2006, 03:18 PM
My spin room is al black with a red neon light and the bikes are in a semi circular theres a mirror at the back of the instructor. I helps a lot with concentration because it is very dark an the only light is the red neon coming form the floor. Theres another one which has a big window that faces the principal avenue in Lima which is great at night.

britspin
02-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Heaven..and hell.

snowbunny
02-08-2006, 10:45 PM
So I heard about what is your room like....
We will be getting a new building in 2007/2008 and are in the process of collecting input for our dream cycle room for the plans. What are some suggestions????
What is the ULTIMATE cycle room???????

Some things I definitely want: a great sound system with mic set up, great ventilation, new bikes, and dimmer lights. Please add to my list....

raptor
02-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Please add to my list....

Video. Not that everyone has to use it every class, but when you DO use it, it can be a wonderful addition to a ride.

Lynn

Pink
02-09-2006, 08:03 AM
Right amount of bikes for the space in the room. Heart rate monitor cross-talk is a pet peeve of mine. I preach & preach the use of monitors and then everyone starts buying them and they are practically useless. Grrrrr....

Mine is coded -- better but not perfect.

HikeABikeHappy
02-17-2006, 12:28 PM
An unused squash court. Bright lights. No mirrors. Instructor on about an 8" platform. Just got some fabric panels to help reduce the echo. 20 bikes.

alexkaboom
02-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Iím at three places with very different setups:
#1: Cycling classes are held on a half-size basketball court (more like 1/3 size). The bikes are kept in a cage on one side when not in use, put out in a circular arrangement, the instructorís bike in the corner next to a karaoke box that provides barely adequate sound. The walls are decorated with graffiti art recreating the look of an urban playground, glowing in the dark when the black lights are put on. There is one big floor fan, lousy temperature control as the room has three uninsulated outside walls.

Paul, this sounds like a place I visited once in Connecticut, very similar.

Alex