PDA

View Full Version : I'm a new spin instructor!

cycling_autotuneuser
05-24-2012, 01:00 AM
(shameless way to get to 5 posts)

Well guess I'll ask a semi-serious question. What are people's opinion on quad isolations on the spin bike?

sue
05-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Don't do them. There is NO benefit to them.

As Jennifer can tell you, I took a class of here yrs. ago, when you do them you are putting all your body wt. on the knees, when they have you go into squat mode you are putting 3x's your wt. on your knees. There is no reason to do them.

LAWOMAN
05-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Don't do them. There is NO benefit to them.

As Jennifer can tell you, I took a class of here yrs. ago, when you do them you are putting all your body wt. on the knees, when they have you go into squat mode you are putting 3x's your wt. on your knees. There is no reason to do them.

I agree with sue. A big no-no in my book.

ScrappyMG
05-27-2012, 10:49 PM
I also agree with sue... It could also exacerbate preexisting injuries.

spinneridol
05-28-2012, 04:12 AM
Don't do them. Ever. They are dangerous. Have no benefit. Look stupid. High risk. Why there are instructors that still do these amazes me. When I first started out in spinning there was an instructor that did these every class. Several members complained of SEVERE knee pain afterwards.

melboney
05-28-2012, 11:31 PM
If you ever watch a cyclist riding outdoors you may notice that either his body moves side-to-side or his arms pump his bike side-to-side. "Keep It Real" and don't teach isolations.

Traci King Hoeting
07-18-2012, 12:12 PM
I just won't do anything (either as a student or an instructor) that cause PAIN - and working a muscle hard is not pain. But putting a whole lot of pressure on the knee is just dumb

Lee
07-23-2012, 02:30 PM
These are part of a group of movements known as contraindicated movements in the world of indoor cycling.