PDA

View Full Version : Spotify

DMG
02-07-2012, 09:21 PM
I recently got Spotify Premium and downloaded the app on my iPad 1. It crashes frequently on me in the middle or a playlist. Has anyone else had a problem with this as well?

hally
02-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Try looking at this thread, I have been using Spotify for about 4 months and love it...
http://www.pedal-on.com/showthread.php?11022-Spotify-Got-It-Understand-It&highlight=spotify

sandy
02-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Do you need to have a Facebook to get Spotify?

hally
02-19-2012, 11:49 PM
No just a smartphone, I have a iphone and works perfect :)

admin
04-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Do you need to have a Facebook to get Spotify?
Yes, now Spotify requires a FB account - frustrating for some. Spotify is really focused of sharing music and they use Face Book to connect Spotify users. If you click the "People" tab in Spotify it shows everyone you are friends with. Clicking a profile picture shows all of the Spotify playlists they have shared. Very fun to see what other instructors are listening to :)

wxkristin
04-02-2012, 08:03 PM
A few opinions/issues with spotify (which I'm currently using for almost every class).

1) Seems really dumb of the spotify powers-that-be to require a Facebook acct. Happy I got mine b4 they made that change.

2) The crashing! UGH! This just started mid-Feb/early Mar on the iPhone for me. Not all the time, probably only 10-20%. Enough to be annoying (/embarrassing in class). I'm guessing this was a bug in a recent update or perhaps to do with the new apple IOS. Timing of that seems right. I love creating playlists with access to the huge library, but this could become a deal-breaker for me if they don't fix it in an update soon.

3) The syncing w/my own music can be annoying as it only seems to work on my home wifi and sometimes I like to make changes to playlists right before class (or while I'm at work). Seems I can't sync my iPhone app and laptop app on a large public wifi (such as the University where I work)... anyone else have a similar issue.

4) FYI: I've created playlists for many profiles people have posted in the profiles part of the forum and anyone's welcome to use/steal/borrow them (or from them)... my account name on spotify is the same as it is here: wxkristin

hally
04-02-2012, 09:46 PM
A few opinions/issues with spotify (which I'm currently using for almost every class).

1) Seems really dumb of the spotify powers-that-be to require a Facebook acct. Happy I got mine b4 they made that change.

2) The crashing! UGH! This just started mid-Feb/early Mar on the iPhone for me. Not all the time, probably only 10-20%. Enough to be annoying (/embarrassing in class). I'm guessing this was a bug in a recent update or perhaps to do with the new apple IOS. Timing of that seems right. I love creating playlists with access to the huge library, but this could become a deal-breaker for me if they don't fix it in an update soon.

3) The syncing w/my own music can be annoying as it only seems to work on my home wifi and sometimes I like to make changes to playlists right before class (or while I'm at work). Seems I can't sync my iPhone app and laptop app on a large public wifi (such as the University where I work)... anyone else have a similar issue.

4) FYI: I've created playlists for many profiles people have posted in the profiles part of the forum and anyone's welcome to use/steal/borrow them (or from them)... my account name on spotify is the same as it is here: wxkristin

1. I agree silly to require a FB acct but no biggie as I already had one

2. I have been using Spotify since it was released in the States and has never crashed on my iphone.

3. Never a problem syncing my music on my iphone as often change the playlist on my way to class.

4. Spofity is a great way to access to millions of songs and to share music with others try if for month or two and you will never go back to itunes.

wxkristin
04-02-2012, 11:12 PM
2. I have been using Spotify since it was released in the States and has never crashed on my iphone.

3. Never a problem syncing my music on my iphone as often change the playlist on my way to class.

I wish I knew what was causing the app to crash. I've tried closing / quitting / restarting the app/iphone, but still have the problem. I also signed up for spotify on the US release when they required a invitation code and only started having this problem in recent months. I also have an older iPhone (3GS) so maybe that's part of problem?

I'm guessing I would solve the issue if I fully synced all my music and not just those individual songs I add to playlists... Every time it starts though it seems like it's going to take hours, so I just sync individual playlists and move on...

Problems aside, I completely recommend the spotify to anyone; it's amazing to have access to so many song options, I can't imagine how much that would cost me monthly to buy individually (russian music services excluded).