PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done the Keiser M3 certification?

chichioleary
02-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Hi....has anyone done Keiser training? Feedback? Thanks in advance.

yumipon
02-01-2012, 04:35 PM
I have taken Keiser Training three times. I have taken the workshop for M3 twice because there were not much to say with the first. After the second one, I have decided that I would not want to take it anymore. The trainings were given by what they call "master instructor". If your gym requires you to take the training by Keiser, you have no choice but to take it. If you are thinking about it to check out other trainings, I did not think it was worth it.... This is just my opinion. I like M3 however.

CycleGuy
02-02-2012, 01:16 AM
I think that a lot might have to do with the instructor doing the training, which might be said for any training program. I have taken a number of workshops from Keiser for the M3, first three from one master trainer, a fourth from another master trainer.

The first master trainer is very knowledgable and a regular, highly regarded speaker at fitness conferences. Background is everything group fitness (step, hi-lo, etc.). Has gotten into road riding over the past years. Those workshops were good, solid workshops that left participants with a solid base understanding of using power in a class and teaching a class. Very articulate and very motivating.

The other master trainer did an equally well presented workshop. It's focus was a little less on training instructors but more about adding to what instructors knew already.

I think that participants in all the workshops learned something and some had some great "AH HA!" moments.

chichioleary
02-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Thank you for the feedback. I've other indoor cycling training, so I'm not new in that sense, and my employers don't require Keiser Training, but I teach exclusively on the M3 and thought it would be a good idea to have as much information as possible. I read a lot of Tom Seaborne's training articles including his training manual for the bike (which has given me a few of the ah-hah's...) There's no Keiser training or workshops in the near future in my area (MD) and so I've got to do it correspondence-course style!

DawnM
02-24-2012, 05:01 PM
I have done the Keiser certification training by correspondence. It was fine since I didn't have access to a "Live Course" at the time, and since I teach and train on the Keiser M3, it was fine for what I needed. I have a strong background of group fitness, and have done taken many, many spin classes. The great thing is that it was only $99. It was a very basic course, and would much prefer to a more thorough certification, but since then, I have taken several workshops. Its fine if you are just curious as to what makes the M3 different, but I would supplement it with other courses.

breathedenver
03-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Angie Asmann just did a Keiser training for our team and she was incredible. Ask for her because it was a fantastic training and our staff and our trainees learned so much.

We love the bikes and the training so much that we have incorporated it into our YogaCycle teacher training program.