PDA

View Full Version : Resistance is awful on Keiser

rootdog
01-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Doea anyone like the flat road resistance on a Keiser, It seems to be all or notjing. To easy or harder than flat road

Funhog
01-28-2012, 09:07 PM
I wonder why. Ours don't seem to be like that. Have you contacted Keiser?

liveon2wheels
01-29-2012, 11:04 AM
I don't understand the question

sue
01-29-2012, 08:21 PM
I agree w/ Jennifer I would contact Keiser. I've been riding on Keiser for 3 yrs. it is not either all or nothing. Maybe you need to recalibrate the gears. There is even play w/in each gear, you can move it a little get resistance & still be in the same gear. Sue

davidst302
01-29-2012, 08:31 PM
You did not specify however I am guessing that you are referring to the old Keiser bikes not the new ones with magnetic resistance. The newer bikes do not suffer from this limitation and properly adjusted the older ones are better but still not great.. Dave

BarryT
01-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Hey Root, when you say "Flat Road" do you mean when the resistance lever is completely horizonal - pointing right at you? If so, that may be "flat" looking, but it isn't the "flat road" setting - at least not on the M3 machines without the computers. Compeletly horizonal is "no resistance what so ever" as far as I know. I cue folks to move the lever forward till they first start "feeling" the pressure of the pedals pushing back on their feet - maybe a little bit more. I ask them to imagine a perfectly flat, smooth parking lot, and that it will be "all uphill from there'.

When we are doing "Fast Flats" I cue that they should be doing about 80 rpm for a cadence, but really feeling the pedals pushing back. It is a lot easier to talk about this with folks who are familar with gear selection. They need to really feel the effort. If they don't feel it, then they are encoraged to add on.

If they are feeling no effort/resistance I tell them that they are coasting downhill, and we don't get to do that (unless they are really new, and that is what they need to do).

kayguidera
01-30-2012, 07:19 AM
yes from what i undertand depending on which kaizer you have the older ones have pully thing-sorry for the wording that needs service. our older kaizer had this problem of not hoding the hill and once serviced by tech hey were fine:)

EuroD
01-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Have to agree your question is confusing.
If you have the monitors then the gear indicator is in the bottom left corner; there are 25 gears on them. If you are pushing the lever as if turning a door knob then it is no surprise that you get all or nothing. It's like gears on a bike, you don't wildly click away.