PDA

View Full Version : Problems with M3 Keiser seats?

lookingglass
06-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Our gym recently brought in new M3 Keisers after several years of the Schwinn Evolutions. Response has generally been favourable but there has been many issues with the seat. The older bikes had holes in the back of the tube to securely hold the locking pin for the seat adjustment, these new bikes do not. We've been reminding & reminding the members that they need to make sure the locking pin is very tight but it seems most every class that someone's seat slides down mid-class. Wondering if this is a common problem with these bikes or if our group is just not getting the hang of tightening tight enough.

CycleGuy
06-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Our gym recently brought in new M3 Keisers after several years of the Schwinn Evolutions. Response has generally been favourable but there has been many issues with the seat. The older bikes had holes in the back of the tube to securely hold the locking pin for the seat adjustment, these new bikes do not. We've been reminding & reminding the members that they need to make sure the locking pin is very tight but it seems most every class that someone's seat slides down mid-class. Wondering if this is a common problem with these bikes or if our group is just not getting the hang of tightening tight enough.

From my experience, I would say it is lack of experience in tightening the bolt. It doesn't take much to tightened and we have not had any issues that I have seen or heard about.

One facility opened up brand new with the bikes and no problems there. The other that I teach at replaced the LeMond with the M3. The LeMond were also a twist/turn to tighten.

Bozegal
06-12-2011, 12:27 PM
I've been teaching on the Keiser's since March and this has only happened to one person. It only took once for her to learn the lesson, her seat has stayed put ever since. :D

liveon2wheels
06-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Pretty much the same here - in 3 years, we had 1 instance of that happening