PDA

View Full Version : Bike Recommendations

Carole
01-14-2011, 06:27 PM
My club will be in the market for new bikes this year. We are a Spinning facility but have not been happy with STAR TRAC service for the past several years. I know the industry is leaning towards power but I don't think STAR TRAC offers that option. We would like to visit a few facilities that use Keiser and/or Real Ryder bikes but I can't seem to locate any close to us. We are located in North Alabama. If you know of a facility that we can visit, please let me know. Once we purchase new bikes, we will be out of the market for several years so I don't want to miss the boat. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

tking
01-14-2011, 08:56 PM
I've been riding indoor stationary bikes for more years than I care to admit. I've been instructing for about 10 years now. I've ridden several brands and have been responsible for maintenance on 4 types of bike so far. If I was in the market for new bikes I would without any hesitation buy the Keiser M3. The overal design of the bike is outstanding and with the belt drive and magnetic resistance, maintenance issues are few and far between and inexpensive. Plus, with the M3 you get power functionality. The most common complaint about the M3 is geometry of the bike when one tries to adjust it. You can't achieve a true road or tri bike set-up on the M3, for most riders anyway. However, I've never had anyone say I'm not going to ride the bike because I don't like the set-up. You're very welcome to visit our facility in Minnesota even though I suspect it does not fit your "close" requirement.
Good luck!