Head1500

Thread: Spintensity

1. Default Spintensity

I am about to attend the Spintensity workshop and was wondering who else has done this one? Was it worth the $ and what did you learn from it. I've already done the Periodization for Peak Performance Home Study and it was very interesting.
    SC

Spinchick-
    I have the Periodization Home Study course here as well. I have gone throught it twice on one flight to Japan and one to England last August and September. It's a pretty well packed document. I am taking the preconference Star 2 workshop the thursday before the WSCC starts. Right after that I will take the Periodization test. I am about to run out for a 6 CEU Phase II ride cont. ed. class at 1000 AM in which I think might be related to the Spintensity workshop. I will keep you posted on the course.
    -Felix
    Last edited by Cannondaleguy; 01-21-2007 at 07:55 AM.
    Felix Pereira
    Certified SPINNING Instructor, Star 3 Status
    Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT), Yoga Alliance
    Bodyforging - Power Yoga Fusion Certified

"Nothing is difficult to those who have the will."
    - Dutch Poet's Society

"To the enlightened person, what seems like night to others is the state of awakenining, and what appears as day to others is as night to those who know the Self."
    -Krishna, The Bhagavad Gita

veespin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by spinchick View Post
    I am about to attend the Spintensity workshop and was wondering who else has done this one? Was it worth the $ and what did you learn from it. I've already done the Periodization for Peak Performance Home Study and it was very interesting.
    I've done it. I have to say, I can't recall whether the content was that great (doesn't mean it wasn't, just that I can't recall.......which might be the same thing, of course) However, the presenter was Iona Passik so it was very worthwhile.

Vivienne

From what I remember, if you are pretty well versed in the concept of periodation, there wasn't much to learn. I've never taken Periodation for Peak Performance so I don't know how the two compare.

With all this said, I still enjoy taking CEs. With very, very few exceptions, I've always been impressed with the presenters and have gotten something out of the classes -- even if it was just a day of give & take with like-minded people followed by a good ride.

Plus you need Spintensity to be able to take the STAR 3 exam, if that's on your radar.
    “euphoric fitness – a state where every fiber of your being is awake, aware, alive but within it all, you find calm."

They are both similar in content, just in different degrees. With the Spintensity course emphasizing alot of content of HR monitoring. In fact the bulk of the booklet talks about the "Six things you need to know for effective HR Training". One of the six is "how to balance training intensity with an annual periodization schedule".
    The periodization home study emphasizes more content on the Periodization schedule, plus, anaerobic training, and how to allocate training time, and applying the energy zones, and of course the energy production systems. However, one section does discuss the importance of monitoring HR.
    So the two courses definetely have alot of cross over, just like many of the Spinning courses that are "training orientated". Like the Ex Physiology course and the Principles for Effective Wt loss. Both of those discuss similar subject matter, just depending on the course, one is more in depth on something than the other.
    "If Ida seed youa comin Ida knowed what to do, Ida riz both arms and wove at you" ……….Ernest T Bass

Kelly

6. Default

001cy2-300x300
    Thank everyone for your great input on this. I am sure I will gain something from the workshop. I always do.
    SC