Sportsmith 1000 banner

Thread: 58 In November

libsterspinning Guest

Default 58 In November

I've been teaching 3 to 4 classes a week for the past year. Before that I did indoor cycling for about 4 years, and thought, what the heck. I took my AFAA Group Exercise certification during an Apex weekend in Detroit last year with about 60 people who looked half my age. I wondered what in the hell I thought I was doing, but when I passed, then was hired as a sub then a regular instructor it was quite a rush. I've taken the AFAA indoor cycling workshop and also an "in gym" certification. I taught a class on my 57th birthday and brought presents for everyone in my class (water bottles).

Well, I guess I'm gushing. I love my classes, my students, and my gym and its managers for giving me the encouragement to follow through.

And then I found Pedal-On.com and found a wonderful resource. Thanks to all of you!

Welcome, Libsterspinner, glad you found our little corner of cyberspace. I'm also on the right side of the big 50 and am in better condition today than I was 20 years ago. Yay us!
    “euphoric fitness – a state where every fiber of your being is awake, aware, alive but within it all, you find calm."

Welcome. So glad you found us. Hope you post often. - Joy

libsterspinning Guest

Thanks for your kind words. Now, how do you get those great graphics by your names?

5. Default AFAA in Detroit

Libster:
    Are you coming to the Detroit AFAA APEX this year???????????
    I'll be there on Saturday for kickboxing certification. I live about 2 hours west of the conference.
    brenda

libsterspinning Guest

I won't be there this year. I was going to go for the cycling workshop but took it in May. Have you been to that venue before?

7. Default

001cy2-300x300
    I have a Primary Group Cert through AFAA, and I took it locally. First I'm doing my kickboxing in Sept, and then Mat Pilates in October at Western Univ. That should cover my CEU for awhile!
    brenda