Sportsmith 1000 banner

Thread: Adidas 3 stripe instructor program and others

1. Default Adidas 3 stripe instructor program and others

How many of you belong to the Adidas 3 stripe instructor program where you get discounted merchandise? I have belonged for a few years and just palced my first order and was happy with the prices and quality..

What other programs are out there? Someone told me Reebok and Nike had one. Anyone know how to join these?

Z

2. Default Instructor Programs

Hi,
    I just received the Adidas program information in the mail yesterday. It appears as if AFAA has some affiliation with the program, because I was identified as an AFAA certified "professional." I also receive instructor program info from Nike, H20Wear, Speedo and Avia. I've had a lot of success with Avia and H2OWear. The Speedo gear isn't priced well, and chlorinated water just destroys the suits. The Nike gear is good, and I've ordered from them. Adidas pants don't fit me well, so I probably won't order any unless I've tried them on first.
    I imagine that if you're interested in any of the above programs, there's info available from their websites. Look for "Fitness Professional" or "Instructor Info" or something like that.
    Best of luck,
    Sue (Flipper)

3. Default

The Adidas shorts and shirts fit me good. I am sitll unable to find a form to fill out for Nike.

4. Default

I thought the Nike instructor program was discontinued? I used to belong a few years back, but was told it was being discontinued, and I never followed up. The stuff I ordered from them was great -- and the savings substantial.

megale3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by spinguru View Post
    I thought the Nike instructor program was discontinued? I used to belong a few years back, but was told it was being discontinued, and I never followed up. The stuff I ordered from them was great -- and the savings substantial.
    It is discontinued dang it!

I get the Adidas 3 stripe discount. In fact I just opened my mailbox to receive a lovely yoga top I ordered . I also get the Reebok Alliance catalog, but unfortunalty no longer the NIKE as you have mentioned. Very bummed about that.
    Many years ago NIKE not only had an instructor discount program but another one (forgot the name of it) that had a handful of instructors who would "test" out their shoes before they put them out on the market. I was fortunate to be in on this and got a new pair of shoes every 2-3 months to wear, and review for them. They asked me to also find out what my participants thought of the look of the shoes I was wearing (kinda silly huh?). I do miss the free shoes thing for sure!
    "If Ida seed youa comin Ida knowed what to do, Ida riz both arms and wove at you" ……….Ernest T Bass

Kelly

7. Default

I love the Addidas program. I think the clothes fit and wear well, the
    discounts are great, and I've never had any hassles returning things. They are not affliated with any organization though - you indicate on the application what organization you are certified through. They were just bought by Reebok or vice versa - can't remember who acquired whom.

Avia also has a discount program available although their clothing selection is much smaller.

How do you join the Adidas program? Do you have to be AFAA certified or do they take other certs as well?

Quote Originally Posted by marnster View Post
    How do you join the Adidas program? Do you have to be AFAA certified or do they take other certs as well?
    Other certifications count as well, MDA, Schwinn, etc.

This is the link to apply for your membership.

http://adidas3si.com/home.html

Alex
    "All you touch and all you see is what your life will ever be." ~Pink Floyd~

10. Default

001cy2-300x300
    I'm not sure you have to be certified at all. I gave my catalog away so don't quote me on this. You do however have to have proof that you work in a fitness/health-related field such as a paystub, business card, etc.