Sportsmith 1000 banner

Thread: I'm going to miss Jeff Wimmer

Blog Entries

Default I'm going to miss Jeff Wimmer

Barbara Hoots asked that I post this note about Jeff Wimmer's passing today.

I'm going to miss Jeff Wimmer
    There is no way we can comprehend the tragedy of Jeff Wimmer’s death, and it’s left us searching for answers that might be difficult to ever find. In these darkest hours, the pain touches us all in the indoor cycling community, and I mourn this loss as if it were my own.
    Jeff was the silent force behind the success of my studio in south Georgia. With a high jobless rate in this indigent community, Jeff donated many bikes over the years without question or expectation of anything in return. The white NXT’s that fill our studio, given out of generosity and love, are a tribute to his memory. The legacy of his warmth, tenderness and talent will endure forever.
    Barbara Hoots
    God's speed Jeff...

It was saddening to hear ...

Those who hadn't met him, or chatted with him in any form, had certainly known of his presence in some shape or form

Thoughts are with his friends and family.

Sorry to hear he has made his way to cycle heaven. I heard him speak ...no one I have met knew more than he did about indoor cycling bikes and how to fix them!

Jeff was a great guy and a friend of this forum. He was here to help anyone with a mechanical problem with their bike. He was a great teacher and his passing leaves a large void in the indoor cycling community.
    SpinBob
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional
    Spotify

5. Default

RIP, Jeff.
    Inner Drive Cycling|Fitness Studio
    Indoor Cycling|Functional Fitness|Multisport Coaching & Club
    www.innerdrivestudio.com

001cy2-300x300
    It is so so so sad. He was in real pain, and I pray that now he has peace. I didn't know him, but I knew about him and was affected for the better by his knowledge and generosity. Such a strong reminder to me that we need to take care of each other to the best of our ability.

It might seem so stupid when you read it, but I am putting this out there with all hope and sincerity: if you need someone to talk to, ears who will listen are out there. It could be scary to ask for help, but you do not have to go through your pain alone.
    sometimes low self-esteem is earned. it's the correct response if you are not trying your best. do something about it. - Michael Koppelman

My Blog for Instructors (no longer updated, but some useful stuff) * Charleston RIDE™ * Spotify