Head1500

Thread: Hi, ultra newbie here...

1. Talking Hi, ultra newbie here...

Hey all!

I have been spinning for 5 years, and finally decided to get certified. I am taking the Schwinn certification in Toronto on June 9th.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for someone about to be certified. I will be able to teach classes at the office I work at (we have a gym and we have spin classes 2x weekly), so I'm excited to get my feet wet as an instructor there. Are there any threads I should pay specific attention to? Any articles worth reading to get me ready for my certification or just in general?

Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to meeting you!

Cheers,
    Steph

2. Default

Welcome and congratulations on becoming a certified instructor. Best advice is to continue learning and becoming more educated. Pass on something to your participants in every class.

Connect with your students by learning their names, smiling at them, making eye contact. Project yourself well in class. Be confident and be sure of yourself: command respect and your riders will listen to and respect you. Be fun, be a leader. AND BE PATIENT WITH YOURSELF. A good instructor knows it takes TIME to get better and "fine tune" his/her passion. Know that there will be times when you're off, and when you're on. Learn to laugh at those times that don't go well. TAKE NOTHING PERSONALLY. In the end, it's just a bunch of folks riding bikes that go nowhere.

All the very best to you!

001cy2-300x300
    Congratulations and wellcome to the forum....
    Enjoy both IDC and PO