Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is Music, Profiles, & Professional Development marked private?

Blog Entries

Default Why is Music, Profiles, & Professional Development marked private?

"Hey, I've been using Pedal-On for years, but now I can't access the Music, Profiles, & Professional Development section... why is that?"

To encourage participation here at Pedal-On the long standing policy has been that the Music, Profiles, & Professional Development section was only available to members who have actively contributed 10 or more posts.

Except I just found that the settings for this wasn't turned on, so people who may not have contributed anything received the same access as those who actively contribute.

I'm a big believer in the concept of "Fair Exchange" and see it as fundamental for the success of our community.

Access to Music, Profiles, & Professional Development now requires 5 posts... 10 would be better

Here are a few suggestions to get you started:

1. Start by introducing yourself here. Click "New Thread" and start typing.
    2. Thank someone. There are people who provide a lot of help and guidance here. Take a moment and thank them. Click "Post Reply" and show your appreciation.
    3. Ask the question that has always bothered you. It maybe a cliche, but the only dumb questions are those left un-asked.
    4. Alert all of us to something interesting, new or cool. Feel free to post a link to something of value that you feel would be of interest to others. If the link doesn't benefit you directly and it's of obvious value, post it... along with why you feel it's worthy.
    5. Promote a local Indoor Cycling event.
    6. Post a joke. or laugh at someone else's and tell them you did.
    7. Add an event to our Community Calendar.

What are you waiting for?

Update: Your Post count will show in the top right corner of a post you create. If it's showing 5 or more and you still see "Private" try logging out and then back in.

Update 6/20
    If your post count is over 5 and you are still seeing the areas marked as Private your computer may have a cache (stored file information) that needs to be cleared:

Try this -

1. Click the Log Out button in the top right-hand corner.
    2. Close all of your Browser windows (Internet Explorer, Safari, Fire Fox - what ever you are using)
    3. Open a new Browser window
    4. Log in to Pedal-On

That should reset everything.

If not -
    1. Click the Log Out button in the top right-hand corner.
    2. Close everything and re-start your computer.

Ok but what about the ICI pro members that pay membership but may not be very vocal here? Shouldn't they have access since these two have merged?

3. Default "Private"

Hi John,

I also have a membership to Indoor Cycle Instructor which I check out frequently. Almost as frequently here. However, I've had some cyber stalking issues from long ago (nothing to do with either of these sites), but it changed the way I share things online. Now I find that my safety concerns affect my being able to access this site.

This is frustrating to me.

Speedy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sandy View Post
    Ok but what about the ICI pro members that pay membership but may not be very vocal here? Shouldn't they have access since these two have merged?
    Thanks Sandy,
    I appreciate your question. Pedal-On and ICI/PRO are (and will remain) separate entities. I bet you have something of value you could contribute here... wait, you just did.

The fact that the site hadn't been activated as it was meant to has been a good thing,for those that haven't posted too many times,but now it has been activated it will be a better for everybody.

I think this is a positive thing as it can only help to increase the posts from people other than the small core of regular contributors.

As for those folks with an ICI/Pro membership feeling they should get an automatic 'free pass' on here too as the sites have "merged",my opinion is they are like anyone else on here and should contribute in just the same way.Why? Because this is being operated as a separate,free and independent forum.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Hi John,

I also have a membership to Indoor Cycle Instructor which I check out frequently. Almost as frequently here. However, I've had some cyber stalking issues from long ago (nothing to do with either of these sites), but it changed the way I share things online. Now I find that my safety concerns affect my being able to access this site.

This is frustrating to me.

Speedy
    Your need to feel safe here is my #1 concern and the Mod Squad moderator team and I are committed to doing everything we can to ensure this.

I also think this is a good thing. The only reason I began posting and became an active participant in PO is because of the 10 post policy. As a new instructor, I wanted to see those profiles so I took a deep breath and started posting. We need new voices & ideas to keep the forum active.

And thanks, John, for keeping PO and ICIPro separate, in all respects.
    Last edited by Pink; 05-01-2011 at 05:19 PM.
    “euphoric fitness – a state where every fiber of your being is awake, aware, alive but within it all, you find calm."

8. Talking Did not realize this was a requirement

So, once I post 5 profiles, I'll be able to access? And what posting requirements follow? Are there minimum requirments for the posts? This is a fantastic forum and tremendous group of instructors. Thanks

I didn't realize there was a requirement either. However, I have more than 5 posts, and I still don't have access. Do we need a special passcode?

Ok makes sense. I have never posted but have greatly benefited from the posts specifically music and profiles. I want to thank all everyone. Keep up the great work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbrunet View Post
    I didn't realize there was a requirement either. However, I have more than 5 posts, and I still don't have access. Do we need a special passcode?
    When you "graduate" you are moved into a new category called "Profilers" but it may require that you log out > then back in for everything to reset.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast