PDA

View Full Version : Spinner PRO noise

lmc8009
04-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Can anyone tell me what the level of noise from a brand new Spinner Pro should be? I just purchased one and no matter how much I adjust the chain it keeps making a noise that just doesn't sound right to me. I have never used this exact model of bike before and I am not sure how much noise to expect. (I am more familiar with the NXT and the Revmaster.... should it be about the same as the noise levels from those?)

Any help or suggestions you can give me would be appreciated!

Lisa

this
04-22-2009, 01:24 PM
I 've got the same problem. It is real noisy and annoying.

zoepup
04-29-2009, 08:01 AM
Have the bikes been set up properly? Jeff Whimmer's setup manual is a great place to start.

take the chain guard off and visually inspect the path of the chain.
check the chain tension (visually and using the pedal front/aft method)
check the flywheel alignment

I can't stress enough to purchase Jeff's book and follow it. It does wonders for the ride.

this
05-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Today a freindly man from star trac was inspecting my bike. he said, that the noise of the chain is normal and it would become better when time goes by. We'll see.

SpinBob
05-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Zoepup's advice is right on, Jeff Wimmer is the place to turn with bike problems. You can find his manuals on his website: http://www.studiocycles.com/index.html or you can send him a PM via the forum, he's Realspindoc.

roadwill
01-15-2010, 08:47 PM
I too have a new StarTrac Pro with a very noisy front flywheel. Checked tension, alignment, everything looks great. No amount of adjustment makes the noise go away. It's akin to a playing card being stuck into the path of the spokes of a bike. Quite annoying - especially for a new (not inexpensive) bike.

Just wondering from those who have this bike if it indeed subsides over time ?

RaffCycles
01-16-2010, 05:13 AM
It is all about the set-up. If it isn't done properly, no amount of adjustments will help. Most dealers just pull the bikes out of the box and assemble them and hope that they're good to go.

I'm with Zoepup and Bob. Get some professional help.

Where are you located?

catfish
01-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Some of these bikes are a challenge to isolate the noise and correct it. Some Ive worked on are the chain / sprocket alignment issues some were bearing issues The only thing I would add to what others have said is be careful when when chain guard is removed It is quite easy to get a finger caught between the chain and sprocket
Catfish

zoepup
01-18-2010, 01:38 PM
be careful when when chain guard is removed It is quite easy to get a finger caught between the chain and sprocket
Catfish

OUCH!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Although all can be set up properly each one can have a unique feel and sound. I recently rebuilt two for my house (Schwinn IC and ST Pro). I replaced many parts (bottom bracket, sprockets, pedals, chains, even a flywheel!) and one still did not ride as I would call "perfect". But it rides and it is fun!