PDA

View Full Version : WSSC - Th e pictures thread

rick316
06-01-2008, 09:41 PM
So this seems to be the first of a heeluva lot of photos taken...I'm a terrible photographer so these are mostly where others have used my camera (thank you:o)

Note:The Pedal-On database keeps crashing when i try to upload so I willtryagain in the morning

spinchick
06-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Enjoyed seeing everyone and hope to see you all again next year. SpinBob, love your cd. Can't wait to use it on some new profiles. Hope you all learned a bunch. We sure did.
Take Care.

spinchick
06-01-2008, 10:38 PM
This was Michael's Endurance Ride on Friday night. It was great!

jsejt
06-02-2008, 08:29 AM
This was "HIT" the switchbacks on Friday, not a wet t-shirt contest.
Patrick (SpinningInPrescott), Patrick, me, Angie (Acupp65), & Felix (cannondaleguy)

I had a blast!

lorenaspinning
06-02-2008, 03:40 PM
hey you you put to pic only on the web do you have more

Alejandra

Patrick
06-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Photos.

Patrick

Patrick
06-03-2008, 06:28 PM
More.

Patrick

Patrick
06-03-2008, 06:32 PM
More photos.

Patrick

Patrick
06-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Some mo.

Patrick

Patrick
06-03-2008, 06:37 PM
More.

Patrick

Patrick
06-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Some of my favorites. The ones of the Stilettos are of Betty Simmons, MI from Illinois teaching her Diva ride.

Patrick

Patrick
06-03-2008, 06:43 PM
..... Fourth photo is of Shelly ON STAGE with Betty Simmons at the Angel on my Shoulder ride (the one that I cried through. :) )

Patrick

SpinningInPrescott
06-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks for posting Patrick and for allowing me the opportunity to have bust my ass with the leaders. As you can see from the pic I toasted and pretty stinky and sweaty!

:) PS

mykespin
06-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Hey Patrick, I am Mike the guy in the blue next to you on stage of Giba's ride.....awesome pics. sorry that I did not get to introduce myself to you and your friend. I live in Ft. Lauderdale and I know Felix. Thanks for posting the pics.

SpinBob
06-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Nice photos Patrick and it was nice to meet you Mike.

mykespin
06-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Hey Spinchic nice pics of you and your friends...it was good finally meeting you friends. It is surely a small world in that you live near where my dad was born......

mykespin
06-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Bob it was nice meeting you aswell......My voluteering schedule had me running all over the place, so I did not get an chance to meet all the people that i would have like to have met.....you guys are a great bunch and hopefully I will get to know you all next year......jsejt (shannon) I remember last year you sent me some good information on back pain and ACE...Hopefully I will be able to meet you next time....Great conference!!!!!

VegasBaby
06-04-2008, 08:16 AM
..... Fourth photo is of Shelly ON STAGE with Betty Simmons at the Angel on my Shoulder ride (the one that I cried through. :) )

Patrick

Thanks Paco - I was thinking the whole thing was a dream - now I have proof....and goosebumps!:rolleyes:

NJSpiner
06-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Nice pictures Patrick.. Now from one who was unable to attend can you id a few of those in them? :)

Patrick
06-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Hey Patrick, I am Mike the guy in the blue next to you on stage of Giba's ride.....awesome pics. sorry that I did not get to introduce myself to you and your friend. I live in Ft. Lauderdale and I know Felix. Thanks for posting the pics.
Brilliant! Introductions are great any time. Nice to meet you Mike. It was my honor to share Giba's ride with you.

Patrick

PS NJ- I'm going to work on editing the original posts to identify people later today.

Pink
06-04-2008, 10:44 AM
OHHH, so much fun to see the photos! I gotta get Mr. P cracking on those he took. I tell you, it's a full-time job, keeping that boy on-task.:p

Also, I'm not a theme ride kinda gal, but I'm planning a theme ride just for me...I'm going to use a profile picked up from Dawn Juarez & use at least one track from each of my CD tree buddies. No one else will get the significance, but it will be very special to me.

jsejt
06-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Awesome photos Patrick!

Cheeze
06-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks for posting your photos Patrick. Looks like everyone was in good form this year.

Ah the memories .............

SpinBob
06-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Hope you make it back next year, Cheeze. I wasn't the same without you.

Samurai Jack
06-04-2008, 02:49 PM
I was proud of T getting to ride the secret with Jeff and Jennifer. We had little time time take a bunch of pics so we will rely on Mr. P and the others. Here is one for our scrap book.

T and I loved the weekend and look forward to seeing everyone next year. You are all very special people. Keep this in mind..... WSSC is just an event. The people that come from all around the world and share with one another make the weekend something to remember. We are blessed to have the chance to meet and share together.

We are now charged to bring the energy home to our students and Spinning Family to help them live a better life.

JD

Jack24Ren
06-04-2008, 09:21 PM
As a newbie, I am intrigued. I would love to go next year. What is the real scoop on the schedule? Ride all day? Lectures? Breakout sessions?

I think I'd be underdressed. I don't own any bona fide Spinning clothing as I teach at a Kaiser facility :eek:.

rick316
06-04-2008, 09:29 PM
As a newbie, I am intrigued. I would love to go next year. What is the real scoop on the schedule? Ride all day? Lectures? Breakout sessions?

I think I'd be underdressed. I don't own any bona fide Spinning clothing as I teach at a Kaiser facility :eek:.

Don't worry about a thing,just book some time off from work - May 28 - June 1 - pay your money and join the gang. You'll be just fine.

As for what to do each day,when it's available online download the catalogue and see what you like the look of. Whatever you choose is never written in stone so don't fret about any of the bookings.

Just be there:cool:

Patrick
06-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Just be there:cool:

Absolutely. Just be there, and the magic happens whether you're rocking the 2009 Team Kit or jeans and a t-shirt. The man makes the clothes.

Patrick

Jack24Ren
06-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Er, or the woman.

Jack = Jackie :)

Cheeze
06-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Seriously, you can't explain what happens at WSSC. You have to experience it. If you go - you have to allow yourself to live in the moment. Leave your ego at home - don't be judgemental. Experience each moment to the point you allow yourself to cry. You cannot put into words what it's like to hit the top of a long difficult climb at HRs of 85% plus or finish a 30 minute TT in a room with a hundred plus people who share the same intimate mind/body definition of Spinning that you do. Talk about "coming together"!!!

MDA and the presenters set the stage but the people breathe life into the event.

If you are part of this forum you don't have to worry about meeting people. The folks on this forum know alot of WSSC goers and in turn you will know alot of them and will have hung out with them by the end of the weekend.

WSSCheeze

monalisa
06-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Hey Cheeze,
Lisa Mona here...I didn't see you this year...did you skip this one?
L

Funhog
06-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Er, or the woman.

Jack = Jackie :)

It's nice to know your gender Jackie! I always thought you were a guy too...

I think Patrick was using the general term of the "man", as in species. (e.g. The Rights of Man)

On the other hand, there's a good point to be made for The Woman Makes the Clothes, because she knows how to much more than those guys do, right ladies?! :rolleyes:

Patrick
06-05-2008, 04:49 PM
I think Patrick was using the general term of the "man", as in species. (e.g. The Rights of Man)
Indeed I was.

On the other hand, there's a good point to be made for The Woman Makes the Clothes, because she knows how to much more than those guys do, right ladies?! :rolleyes:
If you watch Project Runway you might retract that statement. The men are FIERCE clothes makers. (If you watch the show you get the joke.)

Patrick

Pink
06-05-2008, 04:54 PM

Jackie, we're neighbors, we could go down to the airport together! FWIW, I don't wear official spin clothes either. Also, glad you cleared up the gender thing (obviously, YOU weren't the one confused) because I was asking my friends who spin at your facility about the guy named Jack and they kept telling me I was nuts. See, you wait long enough, things start making sense.:p

Mr. Pink
06-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Hello Everyone,

Here's a link to a gallery of my pics from WSSC.

http://spsphoto.home.comcast.net/~spsphoto/WSSC2008/index.html (http://spsphoto.home.comcast.net/%7Espsphoto/WSSC2008/index.html)

SpinBob
06-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Nice Stan, hope there's more...

laurel schaefer
06-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Nice pics you guys:)

Jack24Ren
06-10-2008, 09:57 PM
:o Note to self: find a profile pic at some point as to avoid further gender controversy.

Pink - pending location next year - that could be a plan...

Pink
06-11-2008, 07:07 AM
:o Note to self: find a profile pic at some point as to avoid further gender controversy.

Pink - pending location next year - that could be a plan...

If you mean the location of WSSC -- it will be in the same location: The Intercontinental in Miami, June 28 -31, 2009. Be there or be square:D

alexkaboom
06-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Here are my pictures...

Alex

http://web.mac.com/alexkaboom1/iWeb/Site/WSSC%20%2708%20Miami.html

Cannondaleguy
06-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Awesome pictures!!!! Next year we find a bigger bed! LOL