PDA

View Full Version : Just Chose My Classes for WSSC 2008

SpinningInPrescott
12-06-2007, 05:59 PM
I called and asked about the online reg and the person said it would be up in January, so I faxed in my registration form a few minutes ago. He said I would be the first one. Neener, neener!

I chose:

Friday:

LT Field Test
Hit the Switchbacks
Latin American Fire
Resist-A-Ball Boot Camp

Saturday:

Killer Cues
Moving Mountains
10 Essentials of a Great Spinning Program
Tour De France

Sunday:

Brazilian Energy Ride
Pedal Stroke Drills
The Need For Speed
Fire 'n' Ice

I know it's a lot of rides, but I'll be in top shape after ramping up for the Ragnar Relay Mar 1 and the Whiskey Row Marathon May 3. Besides, my DW said I had to be too tired to go out at night so I wouldn't get into trouble.

MetalQueen
12-06-2007, 09:48 PM
I called and asked about the online reg and the person said it would be up in January, so I faxed in my registration form a few minutes ago. He said I would be the first one. Neener, neener!

I chose:

Friday:

LT Field Test
Hit the Switchbacks
Barefoot Core Workout
Latin American Fire
Resist-A-Ball Boot Camp
Feel the Road

Saturday:

Killer Cues
Moving Mountains
10 Essentials of a Great Spinning Program
Tour De France
Intelligent Intervals
Precision Stretching

Sunday:

Brazilian Energy Ride
Pedal Stroke Drills
Multi-Planar Strong/Stable RAB
The Need For Speed
Fire 'n' Ice

I know it's a lot of rides, but I'll be in top shape after ramping up for the Ragnar Relay Mar 1 and the Whiskey Row Marathon May 3. Besides, my DW said I had to be too tired to go out at night so I wouldn't get into trouble.

I was looking at it, too but I thought it said to only pick 4 (a day). Am I to understand that you are limited to 4 things a day OR is it unlimited?

Btw....I didn't book anything yet but am probably definitely going. Will need a roommate and probably going from Thursday to Sunday. I'll probably check off the box where it asks if you need a roommate unless anyone else is interested.

When I'm finished with WSSC I'll have enuf credits to go for Star 2....woo-hoo.

I should have enough FFMs to fly for free so that's a start!!!!

Dying to do the Vo2 thingy!!!!!

Deb

SpinningInPrescott
12-06-2007, 09:51 PM
I think it means put your preferences in each time slot 1 through 4...

:) PS

MetalQueen
12-06-2007, 09:56 PM
I think it means put your preferences in each time slot 1 through 4...

Oh, in other words labeling all the classes in order that you are willing to take and they'll let you in to as many as you want depending upon availability?

I thought 4 was a little stringent.

SpinningInPrescott
12-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Oh, in other words labeling all the classes in order that you are willing to take and they'll let you in to as many as you want depending upon availability?

I thought 4 was a little stringent.

That's the way I understood it...I did not do this though as I expect to receive all my number 1 choices since I'm at the bottom of the pile.

RaffCycles
12-06-2007, 11:26 PM
That's the way I understood it...I did not do this though as I expect to receive all my number 1 choices since I'm at the bottom of the pile.

You get four sessions a day. If you're first in, you're golden.

MetalQueen
12-06-2007, 11:37 PM
OK....here's what I'm looking at:
Thursday:
Metabolic Testing
One World Ride
Friday:
Pure and True Endurance
Stage Saavy
Rock and Rolling Hills
Life is a Journey
Team Spin Ride (maybe) does that count as one of the 4?
Saturday:
Killer Cues
Moving Mountains
African Storm
Precision Stretching
Sunday:
How to Sell EEZ
Pedal Stroke Drills
The Secret Ride
Fire and Ice

SpinningInPrescott
12-07-2007, 12:24 AM

Thanks for clarifying the fine print...

I guess I'll have to fine tune my choices a little...

jsejt
12-07-2007, 06:40 AM

So you can't sign up for more than four or can you sign up for more but may only get four because of space?

rick316
12-07-2007, 07:31 AM
You sign up for 4 sessions each day.When you do this online (January) you will be able to see what's available instantly. When you are in Miami,you can get into extra sessions by waiting at the door of the lecture,ride,workshop,whatever. There is never normally a problem with sitting in on a lecture although you may not get handouts (or a chair) on the day if "x" amount has been anticipated.But you can usually contact the lecturer after via email.If there are spaces on a ride,the door staff will give you the nod at the last minute or you can hug the wall as an option too.(Sometimes you can get more out of the ride from watching the room and making notes) Don't panic about the bookings.

I don't think anyone has ever been disappointed once down there,just be polite to the staff and you should get what you want.:)

Cannondaleguy
12-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Decisions, decisions!!!?? Just confirmed my room reservation at the InterContinental! YAY!!!!!
LIST!!!!! What rides guys!?!?

jsejt
12-07-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm looking this weekend, faxing next week!

Cannondaleguy
12-07-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm looking this weekend, faxing next week!

Cool!!! Doing the same here!!!! Let me know if you all want to share private E-mail addresses to speed things up!
:)

Cannondaleguy
12-07-2007, 08:11 PM
OK... here is my line up so far:

Friday
Performance Indoor Riding
Hit the Switchbacks
Latin America Fire
Team Time Trial : Stage Three

Saturday
Jump into Da Drum
Moving Mountains
The Tour De France and Alpe D'Huez
The Yin/Yan of Music in SPINNING

Sunday
Brazilian Energy Ride
Pedal Stroke Drills
Mountain Attack
Fire 'N' Ice

Then I go into traction for the rest of week....

Patrick
12-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Oh wow this excites me.

Oh wow.

Patrick

Cannondaleguy
12-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Oh wow this excites me.

Oh wow.

Patrick

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where have you been!?!?! I've got the bike next to me reserved for you for the Team Trial Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

Patrick
12-07-2007, 09:05 PM
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where have you been!?!?! I've got the bike next to me reserved for you for the Team Trial Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

Good deal. I've been around, but not the forum. This is what generally happens during the semester. Also, I just tried to send you a PM and it says that you don't accept them. Is there a reason for this?

Patrick

Cannondaleguy
12-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Good deal. I've been around, but not the forum. This is what generally happens during the semester. Also, I just tried to send you a PM and it says that you don't accept them. Is there a reason for this?

Patrick

Strange?!!! Try again, just added you to my buddy list.
:o

musicgal28
12-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Can I get a slot on your team for the Team Trial Ride too!??! I don't want to be drafting behind Patrick again ;)!

Can't wait to see you guys!!

Cannondaleguy
12-08-2007, 06:47 AM
We are taking reservations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D

jsejt
12-08-2007, 07:44 AM
We are taking reservations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D

I can't wait, we need to get Kelly, Pink, Bob, etc. in on this.

Cannondaleguy
12-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Give them the heads up!!!! It's gonna be great again!

monical1
12-09-2007, 04:47 PM
I can't seem to register. I'm sure it's a user error. I'm feeling rather stupid these days. Pain and pain meds tend to do that.:o
However, my sweet, sweet husband has given me the thumbs up for registering so I gotta make it happen. I really wanted to see Felix when I was in Ft. Lauderdale the other night but the bus got a two hour late start and we didn't get there until 10:00.
Wow, I'm just rambling on and on, aren't I?
Anyway, as soon as I figure out what I'm doing I'll post my choices. I can't wait to see everyone!

rick316
12-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Hi Monica:),I think online registry isn't available until January (ish) time,but I could be wrong. Have you phoned them?:confused:

monical1
12-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Hi Monica:),I think online registry isn't available until January (ish) time,but I could be wrong. Have you phoned them?:confused:

HI RICK!!!! No, I haven't phoned them. Swell idea; thank you, dear.

SpinningInPrescott
12-09-2007, 05:21 PM
I called them before faxing in my application and they said it would be up in January...before then you can fax in.

monical1
12-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Oh, man. I feel really idiotic. My brain has taken a vacation for a while and I'm stuck with a hollow head. I knew I couldn't register on line until January; I knew it and then I forgot it.:o

rick316
12-09-2007, 05:24 PM
MONICA-CA-CA-CA-CA......JANUARY!:D

Cannondaleguy
12-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Guys!!!
It's not easy taking a bus ride across the Everglades.... funny things happen like pythons and allegators going at it....

Monica-
I just got back from Ft. Myers... UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm calling MD in the morning to confirm the reciept of my fax late Friday. Hope you and your daughter had a great time and sorry I missed yas!!!
;)

monical1
12-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Guys!!!
It's not easy taking a bus ride across the Everglades.... funny things happen like pythons and allegators going at it....

Monica-
I just got back from Ft. Myers... UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm calling MD in the morning to confirm the reciept of my fax late Friday. Hope you and your daughter had a great time and sorry I missed yas!!!
;)

I really wish I could have seen you. I was on a bus with 30 girls between the ages of 15 and 18; four hours there and four hours back. :rolleyes: I could tell you some stories~things got a little catty :D. Anyway, seeing you would have been a really nice break and I'm sorry we couldn't make it happen. So.... 2008 at the Intercontinental it is; see you then, Felix!