PDA

View Full Version : Looking for places to spin in London

Linda2005
06-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Hello, one my regulars (who I introduced to spinning) is moving to London for 6 months. I was hoping perhaps someone could suggest a place for her to spin, she'll be living in the West Kensington area.
Thanks!
Linda

Robert
06-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Although there are plenty of gyms that teach indoor cycling, I don't know any of the classes in that area - so I wouldn't want to recommend any.

Cannons is pretty good but, as with almost all gyms in the UK, much depends on the instructor - not all classes at a gym will be of good standard. Try before you buy!

Linda2005
07-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Thank you so much...I will send her there to check it out.
You are right though...not all instructors are equal. I have been to "great" clubs that specialize in Spinning, and have not been impressed.

Varinka
08-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Hey Linda, go here to find a facility that has spinning:

http://www.spinning.com/international/

Hope that helps and is not to late!

"V"

musicgal28
08-18-2007, 07:31 PM
I lived in London and attended a gym in Kensington attached to Imperial College. They were supposed to have Spin classes. But I am picky when it comes to classes so I never took one there. Looking back, I should have tried it. But, I did ride their Tomahawk bikes in the gym and kind of "created my own class." I can find the address if you need it! Let me know!

BrusselsSpin
08-22-2007, 07:12 AM
Get in touch with Sarah Coleman MI care of Star Trac in the UK (they have a website). She will certainly be able to point you in the right direction I'm sure.