PDA

View Full Version : reality tv

spinnningmama
03-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Is there anyone else who is a Reality Junkie? I love the stuff.(most of it anyway....)About 2 yrs ago, they did Queer Eye for the straight guy on my friend and her husband.. What a riot ! Maybe they can do a show on IDC instructors.... sort of like what they did for that Jackie Lady on the series "workout.":rolleyes:

lilrubie
04-21-2007, 05:15 AM
That Jackie lady sure does make a lot of money! That would be great to have that job!

For some reason, I like the show, I want to get ideas for my training, but they don't seem to show enough of it!

FlyBy
05-05-2007, 06:36 PM
I actually don't own a television (I gave mine away a few years ago), but I've been seeing advertisements for a reality work-out series? At least that's what it looks like. Is that any good? The last time I knew there was a reality series that focused on people who were very out of shape and they were filmed trying to compete to lose weight. What is the premise of this one?

lilrubie
05-05-2007, 11:06 PM
It you are talking about the TV show "work-out", it is about a gal named Jackie and her personal training business and the trainers there.

Jackie is gay and there is a lot about that. There is not all that much about the actual working out.

fitfan
05-09-2007, 11:20 AM
If you go on Bravotv's website you can get some training tips. Did you know that two of the trainers were Spinning instructors? The late Doug Blasdell and Rebecca were both Spinning instructors.

EuroD
05-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Oh, I can only imagine Rebecca being a Spin instructor - that truly scares the crap out of me. :eek:

Jackie from what I've read, used to charge $150 per hour when she wasn't known. Now she charges $400 an hour!

No soap, no fame...

Patrick
05-09-2007, 02:48 PM
I actually don't own a television (I gave mine away a few years ago), but I've been seeing advertisements for a reality work-out series? At least that's what it looks like. Is that any good? The last time I knew there was a reality series that focused on people who were very out of shape and they were filmed trying to compete to lose weight. What is the premise of this one?

"Work Out," as it is aptly named, is based around Jackie Warner, an enterprising fitness professional who has opened a hi-profile penthouse workout facility called Sky Sport and Spa (although I've yet to see anything Spa-ish about it). Jackie is the manager/owner, and the show chronicles her life, as well as the lives of her trainers, both professional and personal (but usually much more of the latter than the former).

The show does not provide a lot of insight as to teaching/training ideas. It's got some good stuff if you pay attention to the footage, though instead of listening to the dialogue so much- a lot of what is shown is good exercise stuff that is voiced over with dramatic trainer issues.

It's an amazing show. One of my favorites.

Patrick

amybatt
05-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Oh, I can only imagine Rebecca being a Spin instructor - that truly scares the crap out of me. :eek:

Real reality tv junkies will remember Rebecca from the Amazing Race (IMHO the best reality tv there is), when she ran The Race with Devil Boy, the boy in man's clothes and devil's horns....

ChrisA
05-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Real reality tv junkies will remember Rebecca from the Amazing Race (IMHO the best reality tv there is), when she ran The Race with Devil Boy, the boy in man's clothes and devil's horns....

I think his name was Adam???

I love the Amazing Race, and like Workout as well. I would like to see more of the trainers training though.

spinnningmama
05-09-2007, 08:37 PM
OMG ..I knew she looked familiar ! I am addicted to the show, also , looking at what other trainers are doing. But it is more drama then fact..I still love it though... Now Jackie has a clothing line..( and I think I kinda like it..LOL )If I am not watching the junkie reality shows, I also love survivor man... or .deadliest catch... go figure!

2bfit
05-10-2007, 01:09 PM
OMG If I am not watching the junkie reality shows, I also love survivor man... or .deadliest catch... go figure!

Deadliest Catch is good, but what I like is Mike Rowe (narrator) .... love his voice! Did you know he used to sing opera? I miss "Dirty Jobs" ....

I'll miss "Work Out" too. Their season just started for crying out loud! How many shows did they air? Six? Maybe eight?

EuroD
05-10-2007, 01:30 PM
I kinda like her tee-shirts in the clothing line. I went to the website and they weren't taking anymore orders - inundated I guess.

I don't watch any others. I only got hooked on this one because I was home sick, and it was on a marathon of the 1st season. I'll most likely not bother after this one either - same old same old.....

Patrick
05-10-2007, 03:08 PM
I also love survivor man...

You must mean simply, "Survivor," as there is no other viable "Survivor" show. The first real reality show. Let's be honest.

Patrick

spinnningmama
05-10-2007, 09:01 PM
You must mean simply, "Survivor," as there is no other viable "Survivor" show. The first real reality show. Let's be honest.

Patrick
Honestly, I stopped watching survivor after the 3rd season.. I like survivor man.. besides, I love getting grossed out when he eats garden snakes alive..sort of survivor meets fear factor....Ha!

Patrick
05-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Honestly, I stopped watching survivor after the 3rd season.. I like survivor man.. besides, I love getting grossed out when he eats garden snakes alive..sort of survivor meets fear factor....Ha!
Survivor Man grosses me out. As an animal rights activist, I cannot come to terms with his turning rabbits and squirrels inside out and roasting them for the sake of juicy (so to speak) television.

Patrick

spinnningmama
05-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Patrick, I too am an animal lover. Was a Vet TEch and a volunteer wildlife rehabilitator for many many years.I was WRONG... the show I like is Man vs. Wild.. with the british guy... havent seen him eat anything but bugs and a garden snake.. No fuzzy guys... and yes, I am repulsed by survivor man...so sorry for the mistake !! I admire your dedication to the aspca.Any animal cause is close to my heart .

JFK
05-15-2007, 02:05 PM
I wish reality tv would just go away. :eek:

But I'm clearly in the minority.

Patrick
05-15-2007, 02:40 PM
I wish reality tv would just go away. :eek:

But I'm clearly in the minority.

You know what, Frau Klau? I'm not sure we're in the humor to deal with your negativity about reality television. So you're just gonna have to turn that frown upside down, alright? :p

Patrick

fitfan
05-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Was just on the tvguide.com website and they listed two new reality shows for next season both sound really dumb!

Network: CW
Show: Crowned
Premise: mother and daughter competing in a beauty pagent

Network: ABC
Show: FatMarch
Premise: BiggestLoser for kids

Looks like I'll be catching up on my reading or surfing the web ALOT!!