PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

Willie
09-04-2006, 12:23 AM
I am new to Pedal-On. What a great forum. I am a volunteer cycling instructor at my local gym. I have been group cycling for about 4 years and leading classes for the last year or so. I only lead 2 classes a week and ride in 3 other classes a week. I am not certified :eek: but trained with a couple of the more experianced instrutors. I did not know that there were classes that I could take to become certified until I found Pedal-On a couple of days ago. Now that I know I will become certified as soon as I can find a class in my area:) . I will post a couple of my rides in the profiles section let me know what you think.

fhornhead
09-06-2006, 01:54 PM
awesome and welcome. check out www.spinning.com (http://www.spinning.com) for your local certification classes. There are other spin cert's, but this is the only one that I am familiar with and can recommend. best of luck!

Pink
09-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Oh, you are just beginning!

First you found us (welcome!). Next, certification. Then start saving your pennies for the WSSC in June!!! Fun, fun, fun!

jsejt
09-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Oh, you are just beginning!

First you found us (welcome!). Next, certification. Then start saving your pennies for the WSSC in June!!! Fun, fun, fun!

Where is the WSSC held? Oh yea-we need to ask Kelly for the sign treatment.;)

Pink
09-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Miami. Tons of fun. This past year was my third and, by far, favorite. Mainly because of hanging with Team Pedal-On.

Hey, maybe we should see if Tolzer can make up www.pedal-on.com (http://www.pedal-on.com) team jerseys for next year's conference. How cool would that be?

jsejt
09-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Miami. Tons of fun. This past year was my third and, by far, favorite. Mainly because of hanging with Team Pedal-On.

Hey, maybe we should see if Tolzer can make up www.pedal-on.com (http://www.pedal-on.com) team jerseys for next year's conference. How cool would that be?

Very cool, never been to Miami before.

tdeckert
09-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Pink I like your thinking! Last year it was the highlighters & sign...team jerseys would be way cool!

T

Willie
09-06-2006, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

Certification is in my future. Fhornhead mentioned being certified by Spin. I know there must be other organizations that certify.

We use the LeMond Revmaster at the gym - should I be certified thru their organization? Does it matter? Is one certification better than another?

I am a volunteer ride leader at my gym so I guess I should check with them regarding their preferance.

Ernestine
09-07-2006, 07:11 AM
Hi Willie! I too am new to the site. I love being able to get ideas for classes and just see what other instructors are doing. The little I know is: you can be certified thru Maddog (Spinning, Inc.), there is also a Schwinn program and from what I have seen that is also very good. I would check with the other instructors at your gym and see what they require.
Best of Luck--I just hit my big 2 years to renew.

Ernestine