PDA

View Full Version : Hi there

Katb
06-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Hola :) I've been posting here and there for a week or so, so I figured it was time to introduce myself.
My name is Kat obviously, and I just started cycling fairly recently but I absolutely LOVE it. I'm a group exercise instructor (mostly pilates and yoga) and I'm very interested in getting certified to teach indoor cycling (Spinning most likely) at some point (possibley this december). I'm still fairly new so I hope all you experienced cyclers can forgive me if I ask or say something thats probably painfully obvious :) I think that this looks like an awesome resource. I'm very excited to continue learning new things. God Bless, and I'll see you around :)

strongchick
06-19-2006, 03:02 AM
Hi Kat, and welcome!

You have found a wonderful group of folks here; everyone is so encouraging and helpful. :) I am a cyclist as well, and I think that when you do decide to take the plunge and get certified, your cycling experience will really help you in the classroom. It is always wonderful to have new faces here - and I have been enjoying your contributions to date!

Have fun!

Beth

Tolzer
06-19-2006, 06:13 AM
Hello Katb! :)

Welcome to Pedal-on.com, our little place in the world where we all meet for Indoor Cycling topics, profiles, and music.

Nice to have another enthusiast join the ranks. Not everyone here at Pedal-on.com is an instructor, and that in itself presents a good a balance.

So you are looking at a date in Dec-06 to possibly obtain a certification. Good for you and a wise decision.

My strong suggestions to you:

Spend some (much) time in the saddle.
Make an effort to ride with many different instructors. Experience the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Educate yourself as much as possible before your orientation and or certification.
Time and time again, I see prospective instructors coming to orientations with no time in the saddle. These people cannot make it through the orientation rides. Sad, but true.

Please keep us all informed as to your progress and growth.

All the best!

Tolzer ;)

JoyofSpin
06-19-2006, 06:45 AM
Welcome Kat!

Nice to have you here. Hope you find lots of great info. Don't be afraid to ask. We all love to help! See you on the boards. - Joy

kszspin
06-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Hi Kat-

Welcome to the forum, so glad you are joining the family :) . Soak up as much info as your brain can hold :eek: , and get your certifcation and join in the addiction!

bojr45
06-22-2006, 08:07 AM
Welcome to a small but effective group. As fitness instructors, we change people lives forever!

Bo Jr.