PDA

View Full Version : TV Shows . . .What would you admit???

ahall
05-18-2006, 01:14 PM
OK ~ With all the Season Finales on I was wondering . . . list 2 shows that you would not want to talk about at a dinner party, the water cooler, etc. Something that is YOUR guilty pleasure. Something that your like ~ "OH my Gosh, I'm totally embarrassed to say, but I admit . . . I watch and love . .."

1. Holy Cow . . .I watch America's Next Top Model . . . goes back to when I worked w/ some big designers . . . past life! I'm hooked-watched since Season 1

2. The Ultimate Fighter . . . I have watched since Season 1 when Spike was airing the season all day . . . my husband was watching and at first I was like what are you watching and then I was hooked . . I MAKE him get all the pay-per-views! Now I have my favorites. Right now I think Georges St. Pierre ROCKS!! (I know people will hate me for this but I think Matt Hughes is a punk!):)

marnster
05-18-2006, 01:20 PM
...I don't own a TV? Never seen an episode of Survivor, American Idol or Desperate Housewives. Haven't owned a TV for 10 years. I wouldn't have time to watch it anyway, with all the time I spend downloading music and working on profiles. :rolleyes:
(I know, I'm weird)

EuroD
05-18-2006, 01:47 PM
[quote=marnster]...Never seen an episode of Survivor, American Idol or Desperate Housewives.

Neither have I. They just don't sound like the kind of thing that keeps me tuned in.

My dish is out right now, and I'm stuck with 2 terrestrial channels on another TV (waiting for the guy to come cut some branches), so it's either CBS or NBC for a while - I guess I'd have to say at this point it would have to be Deal or No Deal. It's like my dinner time so I have that on whilst I'm eating. I know I have to switch off after dinner but as the show runs for an hour so does my evening meal. I'll be so glad when I get my dish back! Can't even watch my DVR'd movies!

raptor
05-18-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm a tiny bit ashamed to admit that I mostly watch news. But I do like Survivor, it's always appealed to me. I can't imagine going even one day without food. I don't mind American Idol either.

I've developed a love for Comedy Central's "news" programs, The Daily Show and Colbert Report ("colbare repor"). Required viewing for (checking the polls...) 71% of Americans. :)

Lynn

dgkilleen
05-18-2006, 02:05 PM
No tv.. Wow I wish I could be that disciplined. I can not live without 3 shows: Desperate Housewives, Big love and Sopranos.... Gotta watch those!

ahall
05-18-2006, 02:24 PM
:) I should probably tell you that I also love Grey's Anatomy but I would admit to that . . .

McDreamy or McVet??? Hum. . . Not sure about that yet though . .

Pink
05-18-2006, 04:52 PM
"Two & a Half Men" is the only show for which I turn off the computer & take off the headphones. And I do half-watch Seinfeld & Sex and the City reruns. I know the episodes by heart so I can watch them while cruising Pedal-on or Rhapsody.

alexkaboom
05-18-2006, 08:00 PM
I don't think I'd be embarrased to comment on my tv shows as I don't watch much tv anyway.... probably the worst stuff I've ever watched was "90210" and that was many moons ago...

Alex

LORI
05-18-2006, 08:03 PM
90210 kicks ass. Its so cheezy. Remember the fights that Kelly and Brenda used to have over Dylan? And the time that Kelly OD'd on diet pills? Wicked stuff. My new favorite is America's Next Top Model, and Ill definately be watching the Canadian version.

ahall
05-18-2006, 08:20 PM
90210 kicks ass. Its so cheezy. Remember the fights that Kelly and Brenda used to have over Dylan? And the time that Kelly OD'd on diet pills? Wicked stuff. My new favorite is America's Next Top Model, and Ill definately be watching the Canadian version.

I didn't even know they had the Canadian version . . . oh, you must tell more . . .:p

oh my gosh! 90210 . . . What about Melrose Place . . . my husband and I camped out on the couch when we were dating and watched it!

triang34
05-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Ok, I'll fess up. I am one of the biggest reality tv junkie there are. There are nights when I have 4 vcrs running at the same time (I know, I know... time to get TiVo!) It's insane. But, on a cruddy, rainy day like today that I choose to use as a rest day from training - I'm set for entertainment. It's one of my favorite ways to relax.

Probably my worst moments (that I'd hate to admit) are when you can catch me watching the reality show "marathons" where they bring you from the first episode, right up to the last - and I've already seen each one of them!

"Survivor" ... my absolute favorite. I even purchase the buffs/headbands, and the season dvds. Keep watching for me. I hope to be on the show some day. (They allow each "survivor" to bring one luxury item with them to the island. Do you think they'd allow me to bring a Spinning bike?) Not that I'd have the energy to use it!

RaffCycles
05-19-2006, 09:22 AM
I'm a Survivor and Lost junkie. The only two shows I DVR each week.

triang34 - I'll be there with you. I'll bring the boombox and cd's and we can trade coaching our tribe!!!

triang34
05-19-2006, 09:38 AM
And the stash of batteries, don't forget! Sweet.

spinmomma
05-19-2006, 10:02 AM
I can't live without 24, Keifer Southerland has found a new place in my heart. Yes, he screams all the time, but who cares.
Survivor, American Idol, Amazing Race ( which I am dying to do), Apprentice - LOVE THEM!
After starting the day at 4:43am, by 8pm - sit me down, give me a glass of wine, turn on mindless reality.
The one I hate to admit to is "Deal or No Deal"
Now, how about American Inventor. The kid that is inventing a bike to ride a friend on the handlebars gets a internship with TREK and a special message from Lance!

RaffCycles
05-19-2006, 10:38 AM
And the stash of batteries, don't forget! Sweet.

Now, we get one of those boom boxes with the crank and small generator. Hook it up to the pedals and we're off!!!

ps. I also have the Survivor Sound Track - Great tribal beats to use in class. Everyone gets a laugh when I use the Ancient Voices theme to the show!!!

triang34
05-19-2006, 12:18 PM
Now, we get one of those boom boxes with the crank and small generator. Hook it up to the pedals and we're off!!!

ps. I also have the Survivor Sound Track - Great tribal beats to use in class. Everyone gets a laugh when I use the Ancient Voices theme to the show!!!

I love the idea! And, I too, have the soundtrack ~ AND I've used several of the songs in my profiles. Yup. :rolleyes:

Patrick
05-19-2006, 01:21 PM
1. Survivor
2. Nip/Tuck
3. The Apprentice
4. True Life
5. Made
6. Biggest Loser
7. Celebrity Fit Club
8. Real World
9. Deal or no Deal
10. World's Strongest Man Competitions (whenever they're on- even though I've seen them all 80 million times)
13. Summer Olympics (I won't miss a single event)
14. Miami Ink
15. Inked
16. Intervention

There's my list. I've missed one episode of Survivor in 12 seasons, and I don't plan on missing any more.

Patrick

gigi
05-19-2006, 01:34 PM
10. World's Strongest Man Competitions (whenever they're on- even though I've seen them all 80 million times)

Patrick

cool! i compete in strongman patrick. glad to see someone supports the sport!! :)

rick316
05-19-2006, 01:38 PM
I have to get my fix of Extreme Makeover Home Edition.For the 1 or 2 hours that it's on,I remove myself from the world and by the end of it I'm always blubbering like a baby.(Don't tell anyone,please:o ).I also love Top Gear(do you get that over there?)Everytime the BBC come out with a new series of Walking With,I have to watch that too - awesome graphics.I also watch,without fail,Monday Night Raw as the drama is as good if not better than any soap on the box right now.Plus we get it live each week and that means no editing!

Although it's still shown on various channels over here,they are out of sequence but none the less,top of my list by a mile is the greatest series ever made Buffy the Vampire Slayer.I fear a marathon weekend will be called for after WSSC,probably 2-3 series each day!:D

ahall
05-19-2006, 01:55 PM
[quote=spinmomma]I can't live without 24, Keifer Southerland has found a new place in my heart. Yes, he screams all the time, but who cares.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE 24 . . . My husband and I TiVo . . . last season we missed too many w/ the move so we just waited till the season came out on DVD and had marathon sessions. I was like . ."one more, just one more" :) I want to download the ring from the phone on my cell phone! Listen the next time you watch!!! My husband is so cute ~ he will send me a message and say "I had Chloe open a secure channel . . ." We love it!

rick316
05-19-2006, 01:58 PM
[quote=spinmomma] My husband is so cute ~ he will send me a message and say "I had Chloe open a secure channel . . ." We love it!

i don't know what that means,but it sure sounds like an "awww" moment to me!:)

spinmomma
05-19-2006, 01:59 PM
I want them to move back to Tues. night, it is SOOOOO hard not to go to bed after, that 4:53a comes very early on Tues. after watching it. SO who do you think is going to reveal the presidents involvement? Martha? Wouldn't that be great. I hope nothing more happens to Aaron.

rick316
05-19-2006, 02:02 PM
I think the butler did it.....(I'll go away now:o )

Pink
05-19-2006, 03:32 PM
I think the butler did it.....(I'll go away now:o )

You better not! Hey, Rick, is "Eastenders" still on? When my son was an infant (terrible infant, I might add), I used to be up in the middle of the night with him, watching it on Public Broadcasting. Also LOVE "Couplings" & "The Kumars at #42" but it is rarely played on BBC America. And when they do show them, it's the same dang episodes, over & over & over.

rick316
05-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Yes,somehow it is still on.The acting is awful and the plotlines are recycled and shared with Emmerdale & Coronation Street like they had no writers. The Kumars can be very funny,but not always my 'cup of tea'.

spinmomma
05-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Now Rick, my husband is handsome. But that quote came from Ahall not Spinmomma. Thanks it is flattering though.

Pink
05-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Yes,somehow it is still on.The acting is awful and the plotlines are recycled and shared with Emmerdale & Coronation Street like they had no writers. The Kumars can be very funny,but not always my 'cup of tea'.

Well, I was watching it 20 years ago and I can still hear the title song in my head...

Regarding the Kumars...when granny asks Tom Jones to look at her Hoover, I almost fall off of the chair! Obviously, I'm easily amused.

ahall
05-19-2006, 04:10 PM
Rick,

It is an "awww" moment!!! He's a goof! He's like send me over the schematics!

You make me laugh . . .the butler!:p