PDA

View Full Version : Picture thread!

Brandy
03-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Humor me...I'm a visual person and I love putting faces to names. Anyone interested in sharing pictures of themselves?

Here's one of me and my three kids :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/BrandyMama/sunset.jpg

GoSpin
03-27-2006, 09:05 PM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/GoSpin/untitled.jpg

This is a picture of me trying on one of my Granny's many hats!!

GoSpin :)

Brandy
03-27-2006, 09:16 PM
I upload my pictures to the free site www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com) and then I just click the picture icon (the mountain one) in the reply area and paste the picture's url there.

Your link didn't work :(

Tiffanie
03-27-2006, 11:21 PM
but I'll play anyway ;) I love picture threads! http://www.tinklebelle.com/Smilies/images/yes2.gif

Here's me and the family just before the holidays:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/ptbryant/share/familypics2005102.jpg

GoSpin
03-27-2006, 11:45 PM
I upload my pictures to the free site www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com) and then I just click the picture icon (the mountain one) in the reply area and paste the picture's url there.

Your link didn't work :(

Hi Brandy!

I tried again using photobucket and it uploaded fine but when I used the picture icon and pasted my picture's url it was HUGE!! I'm usually not this computer challenged so any advice, I'll try again. I posted another link through photobucket - please let me know if it works?

GoSpin :o

han-grrl
03-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Here's me, well, what i look like for most of the summer :)

lherning
03-28-2006, 04:32 PM
I am very new to this message forum, but I too am a visual person. I hope I did this correct. I have never posted a picture on a message board.

Brandy
03-28-2006, 05:01 PM
Thanks for posting! I love being able to see everyone...keep them coming. http://www.paklinks.com/gs/images/smilies/yahoo.gif

Guava Cycle Girl
03-28-2006, 05:06 PM
I thought i would share some of the wacky pictures from some of my spinning parties we have had. My crew is hilarious! They are all professionals that come to spin at lunch time with me but when its a party day, who knows what they are going to pull out of their closet and trust me i have seen it all...hope you enjoy! Have a great day :) Rachel

They are a Grease Lightning Party, The Second Anniversary Party, The Easter Chick Party, and Halloween Party! Great memories. I would put up the leather and lace but they are professionals lol :) but it was all in good fun!

Brandy
03-28-2006, 05:12 PM
It looks like you have lots of fun Rachel! Are you in any of the pictures?

Apollo
03-28-2006, 05:19 PM
If I was as attractive as all of you guys (gals) I'd post my pic too!!

(Bald, late 40's, not much to look at really - so I'll spare you)

Brandy
03-28-2006, 05:31 PM
If I was as attractive as all of you guys (gals) I'd post my pic too!!

(Bald, late 40's, not much to look at really - so I'll spare you)

Hey now...some people (me, me, me, me, meeeeeeee) like bald men so no using that as an excuse :P

megale3
03-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Ok the two guys are not me the one at the computer is.
Megale

One Cent
03-28-2006, 07:30 PM
I am a little technologically challenged - but if it made this is my husband and I from about two years ago. I do not have any recent digital photos of my boys so I will have to get the camera ready!:)

dgkilleen
03-28-2006, 08:30 PM
Everytime I try to upload a picture on here it says the file is too big.. How do I do this?? As you can see I am not that computer savy!!:D

megale3
03-29-2006, 12:22 AM
Try what Brandy and the others did above by uploading it to a site and link it or bring it in to a photoshop type program and take it to a smaller resolution like a jpg or tiff.
Hope that this helps point you ina good dirrection its hard to help sometimes from another keyboard :o
Meg

raptor
03-29-2006, 12:34 AM
My claim to fame:

http://www.xmission.com/~lawall/Images/bike.jpg

Better-dressed at the 2002 Olympic Village:

http://www.xmission.com/~lawall/Images/Olympics/im000085.jpg

Lynn

Tiffanie
03-29-2006, 01:52 AM
My claim to fame:

Lynn

Wow!!! http://www.tinklebelle.com/Smilies/images/yikes.gif

Elvis
03-29-2006, 06:00 AM
http://pedal-on.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=187&stc=1&d=1143629841How do I Look? Of course I was in better shape & more Alive:D

Apollo
03-29-2006, 09:40 AM
My claim to fame:

Holy Smokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd enlarge that bad-boy pic to about 8' x10' and cover a wall of my office with it.

Very Impressive.

Guava Cycle Girl
03-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Hey Brandy,

Yep I am in the picture with the guys in the top hats. It was a while ago but it was such a fun party! We had all the regular nooners and they all left their offices and changed in the locker rooms for class. Its so funny bc you have to walk through the gym to get to the studio and you think people would be shy about it but its just a bunch of good laughs and good times. Everyone is poking their heads in and then all the gym people try to sneak in for the party after because all the snacks are they, since we are so nice we let them in! But they have to promise to come to the next class. I still wish i had a picture of one of my guys in his tarzan outfit for the jungle ride! it was the best party! Rach:D

PS your family is adorable!

Brandy
03-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Thanks Rachel...they're cool little kids :) Your group of riders sound like they're a blast!

Lori...I like the bald ones too. Mine shaves his short, but I'm forever asking him to shave it smooth because I love that look! Add a goatee to a smooth bald head and you have my ideal man. Here's one of him back when he was allowed to have a goatee...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/BrandyMama/JBpreg.jpg

and a current one...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/BrandyMama/knotts-xmas217.jpg

alexkaboom
03-30-2006, 06:34 PM
2005 WSSC... The Infinite Ride!

kszspin
03-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Alex....this is about 2 hrs into the INFINITE ride last year. My drowned rat imitation :p .
The other is me with 10 pounds of my fav food group :D

Guava Cycle Girl
03-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Brandy your husband looks good either way, i love the bald thing too, this is my juan i love his bald head too! i can't imagine him with hair. Cute pregnant picture, a very healthy mom picture, i love it!

Here are more pictures of everyday me from last year, kind of crazy because i started training for a figure competition so my body has changed and i haven't looked at these for soo long. I was a very heavy kid and then turned to fitness which is why i have a passion for it but training for the competition is a huge goal for me. This is my crew of friends, we are a wacky bunch that love to salsa dance, thanks to my Juan and have a good time!

Brandy
03-30-2006, 08:39 PM
i started training for a figure competition so my body has changed

How cool. When are you competing? I'd love to have the body of a fitness/figure competitor, but have no desire to compete.

Guava Cycle Girl
03-30-2006, 09:27 PM
Hey Brandy,

I actually never had a big desire to do it myself but the first time I watch Juan compete something came over me. I was 230 pounds when I was 15 years old and have always struggled with weight but lost lots since then, however it came back a bit with life struggles. So last year I got really motivated and started training with Juan more as well as found confidence in myself. It was hard juggling with starting a new company and doing my human kinetics degree at UBC but I thought what the hec add it to the pile. Then in August I went with Juan and watching his hard work on stage inspired me as well as the women. If you want crazy inspiration go to www.bcmuscle.com and look under the inspirational stories from Shawn Tan. She is amazing.

I am the first to admit it is hard work but if you have a good programmer who really knows what they are doing then you can do it. My partner has 3 kids and works full time and never misses a session, she amazes me as well as motivates me. I think having a partner makes all the difference in the world. With my background and being a fitness programmer/trainer i know how to design the year of training it but doing it is the hardest part but after it was all designed it is all manageable even with our busy lives. Spinning helps getting the cardio in big time!! The competition is nov.18 and i will keep you updated!

If you ever want more advice or help with it, let me know! Rachel

Like2Bike: thanks for the comments! i agree the shaved head thing is great! Vin Diesel sure set a trend but i love a good head of hair too!

Robert
03-31-2006, 04:36 AM
Brandy, Rachel:
Let's hear it for the bald guys! YEAAAAAH!!

You ladies give me hope - I used to have a head of hair like Mario Cipollini but then started thinning on top, so I had to go for the Armstrong buzz cut. Now, with teaching, I have shower so often that I can't imagine going back (if I had the choice!).

Some of me, all bike related - cycling in south-western France. No partners to show off, just my dog (crazy, ball-obsessed mutt!)

kszspin
03-31-2006, 08:09 AM
WOW, nice house Robert!! How many bathrooms do you have there???:p

RaffCycles
03-31-2006, 10:54 AM
Here are a couple. The first is my teammates and I at our leagues all star game.

megale3
03-31-2006, 11:12 AM
Hey Robert nice bike dude what is the componantry on it I can't see in the pictures. Awesome shots! Viva la pooch too!
Megale

SloSpin
03-31-2006, 01:01 PM
First and last time as a model... and under the bandana, a shaved head! :)

kszspin
03-31-2006, 03:44 PM
Slospin,
Did you use to go by the username Boisespin once?

SloSpin
03-31-2006, 07:22 PM
Kelly,
That was indeed me!
Now I live in San Luis Obispo, so handle had to change to SLOSpin...
Peace,
D.

JFK
03-31-2006, 08:52 PM
Here's my kids and me last year at Mt. Washington when we met Tyler Hamilton. The second one is the kids and me at the top of (a very windy, foggy) Mt. Washington in '03

http://homepage.mac.com/jenqduck/PhotoAlbum2.html
http://homepage.mac.com/jenqduck/PhotoAlbum1.html

Pink
03-31-2006, 09:03 PM
lol, Jennifer. I didn't read your picture description and just quickly clicked the link...In a nano second I thought (1) That looks like Tyler Hamilton, (2) That *is* Tyler Hamilton, (3) OMG, Jennifer is married to Tyler Hamilton.

kszspin
03-31-2006, 09:07 PM
lol, Jennifer. I didn't read your picture description and just quickly clicked the link...In a nano second I thought (1) That looks like Tyler Hamilton, (2) That *is* Tyler Hamilton, (3) OMG, Jennifer is married to Tyler Hamilton.

HA HA HA!!! That's pretty funny :D . Not that you couldn't be married to him Jenn, don't get me wrong :p . It just struck me very funny, ok I'm bored, never mind......
Ya knwo what's even funnier, I just realized I have 471 posts. How did I get that many?? Jeez, I must get a hobby!

Pink
03-31-2006, 09:30 PM
Kelly don't do that! Then I'll have to get a new hobby, since my current one is reading your posts. http://www.pedal-on.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

JFK
03-31-2006, 10:43 PM
HA HA HA!!! That's pretty funny :D . Not that you couldn't be married to him Jenn, don't get me wrong :p . It just struck me very funny, ok I'm bored, never mind......
Ya knwo what's even funnier, I just realized I have 471 posts. How did I get that many?? Jeez, I must get a hobby!

'tsokay, I thought it was funny too. ;) I was going to say something about how my hubby is Tyler and then say I was kidding, but I didn't want Haven after me.

And wow, that is a lot of posts!

Pink
04-01-2006, 07:42 AM
This was taken early in December, my first ride back from my big endo. The docs told me I wouldn't be on the bike until spring.

JFK
04-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Looks good, Pink. That bike really does have an amazing paint job!

kszspin
04-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Hey Pink, you are pretty in pink!

I have no pics of me and my new bike, I'll have to get moving :D .

JFK
04-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Yeah, c'mon, get with it! I get new components periodically, but won't have a new bike 'til I get my Ph.D. I'll have to live vicariosly through others until then.

bikerchick2
04-02-2006, 11:39 AM
Here I am! The first photo is a group of friends on a cruise. I am on left in Pink. The other one is my husband and I at dinner on the cruise. I am blonde.
I have loved seeing all your photos. Such a nice looking bunch we are.:p Trying to find one of me and my bike. I have some of my class somewhere.

bikerchick2
04-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Jennifer K...I don't think I saw your photo? Did I miss it?;) DUH!!! After I entered this I went back through the posts and found you with your hubby and your 3 kiddo's. Now I can put a face with all those brains. I would like to see a photo of the other brainy one....Patrick!

Patrick
04-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Jennifer K...I don't think I saw your photo? Did I miss it?;) DUH!!! After I entered this I went back through the posts and found you with your hubby and your 3 kiddo's. Know I can put a face with all those brains. I would like to see a photo of the other brainy one....Patrick!
I'm the brainy one? Can I quote you on that?? :D And let us not be too hasty--- Jennifer and I are in no way on the same playing field of intelligence. And I mean that in Jennifer's favor. :)

Pictures are forthcoming. I will post a before & after shot--- me now, and me at 253lbs. :eek: (It's gross.) Right now I'm trying to find a picture of myself from recently....

megale3
04-02-2006, 03:23 PM
This was taken early in December, my first ride back from my big endo. The docs told me I wouldn't be on the bike until spring.

Pink is that a compact on that bike?? He he you must ride hills! :D
Megale

Patrick
04-02-2006, 03:50 PM
This is a goofy picture of my (now ex) girlfriend and I. No, I don't wear glasses, either. :rolleyes:

Patrick

Brandy
04-02-2006, 04:09 PM
This is a goofy picture of my (now ex) girlfriend and I. No, I don't wear glasses, either. :rolleyes:

Patrick

Well Patrick, if it didn't make me feel like Mrs. Robinson I would tell you that you're a hottie but since you're jail bait I'll reserve my comments for the time being. When do you turn 18? ;)

gilberth
04-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Patrick,
Nothing wrong with glasses. When you get to be my age, 60, they'll be indespensible. When I'm teaching and don't wear them I print my notecards in size 30 type.
Howard

gilberth
04-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Still haven't gotten my picture posted here but I'm on page 411 of the book, Bicycle, by David Herlihy.
Howard

bikerchick2
04-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Well Patrick, if it didn't make me feel like Mrs. Robinson I would tell you that you're a hottie but since you're jail bait I'll reserve my comments for the time being. When do you turn 18? ;)

I second that motion! Smart and good looking.;)

kszspin
04-02-2006, 07:09 PM
You single ladies have just a little over 3 mos until Patrick is LEGAL :D (7/13). So sorry he'll still be jailbait for ya in Miami :eek: .

Howard:
If you notice my pic at WSSC last year, I had to wear my glasses (they're on top of my head) while riding in order to see Josh up on stage ;) . Some things do not get better with age, my body is fitter now than 20 yrs ago but my eyes are hosed!

Patrick
04-02-2006, 08:05 PM
When I said I didn't wear glasses, I was being serious. Kathryn and I decided to look classy and intellectual for a picture so I borrowed my buddy's for the photo. I used to actually have glasses in middle school. Some 90 yr.old optometrist who wasn't worth a damn said I needed bifocals... I go back one year later to a different woman, and she says, "Why do you have glasses? You definitely don't need them..." and so ended my fitful relationship with spectacles.

Just FYI, in Kentucky the age of marriage without parental go-ahead and consentual sex is 16. Bodes well for Kentucky's already shady reputation, you know?

Patrick

Pink
04-02-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm blind as a bat and have been since 4th grade. I wouldn't even be able to see my HR monitor on the handlebars without them.

And Patrick is younger than my son...

Patrick
04-02-2006, 08:09 PM
And Patrick is younger than my son...

Age is but a number. And, after all, I can't blame anyone for wanting to dip into the fountain of youth. On the Mrs. Robinson discussion, I was wondering if any of you heard about the Social Studies teacher in Goshen, KY who got caught having sex with two seniors? The man was my teacher. No criminal charges, though, because it was legal.

rick316
04-02-2006, 08:20 PM
This is perfect,it's 1:20am over here so Keith has to be asleep-I get to reply to this one!

He had 2 seniors? What,at the same time? Cool,I'm gonna change professions if that's what happens over there!:cool:

NJSpiner
04-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Rick you are so BAD... :) I like that sense of humor tho.

After 25 years as a high school teacher I have no idea how a teacher could even consider it.

We had a nearby PE teacher arrested for having sex with a few high school boys last year, some as young as 15. Seems she had them on a regular basis stopping by her house to play games.

rick316
04-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Oh will you please stop feeding me the setup lines???There's 101 jokes using that image alone.I'm gonna go back to Wrestlemania...live only on Pay-Per-View and will then have pure & innocent thoughts whilst i sleep.;)

Patrick
04-02-2006, 08:40 PM
This is perfect,it's 1:20am over here so Keith has to be asleep-I get to reply to this one!

He had 2 seniors? What,at the same time? Cool,I'm gonna change professions if that's what happens over there!:cool:

Well, not at the same time (that we know of). He was, however, seeing both of them at the same time (and it's not like they were unknown to it--- they both knew). Like I said, can't fault the man for dipping into the fountain of youth... he was, after all, 27 with a receeding hairline. His youth was fading fast. ::rolls eyes and laughs::

rick316
04-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Hey,hey,steady with that 'receding hairline....fading youth' stuff.I'm tired and it sounds really bad when I'm tired.I'm 33 and I stop receding 10 years ago,it's coming up from the back and meeting somewhere near my crown now!:eek:

Pink
04-02-2006, 08:49 PM
LOL, Rick...You and my DH ("H" for husband, the "D" changes with my mood).

Patrick
04-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Hey,hey,steady with that 'receding hairline....fading youth' stuff.I'm tired and it sounds really bad when I'm tired.I'm 33 and I stop receding 10 years ago,it's coming up from the back and meeting somewhere near my crown now!:eek:

You do realize you just made some physical parallels between yourself and my (former) teacher prone to quasi-petafilia. ;)

Pink
04-02-2006, 08:55 PM
NJSpinner...I hope you are referring to the PE teacher from Penna. Please don't tell me there was another one.

Patrick
04-02-2006, 09:07 PM
And the before...

Pink
04-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Wow, Patrick. Having lost 35 lbs. myself (and I'm a shrimp), I appreciate what it takes -- not only to lose it, but to keep it off. Doesn't it feel great???

I've a question for you -- do any of your friends take your classes? Are they in the least bit interested? Do they understand your passion?

Patrick
04-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Wow, Patrick. Having lost 35 lbs. myself (and I'm a shrimp), I appreciate what it takes -- not only to lose it, but to keep it off. Doesn't it feel great???

I've a question for you -- do any of your friends take your classes? Are they in the least bit interested? Do they understand your passion?
Friends take class from time to time. Only one person I know my age has the same passion I do, and that's because we've been working for her to get it in herself. She wanted to lose weight like I did, so now I work as her trainer. She has lost about 45lbs thus far, and understands it. No one else gets it.

I actually hate having people my age in class. They are unfocused, casual, and needy. Plus they want to pal around. When I'm working, I'm not there to be pals with anyone, and they don't like that. They don't like that I don't call them out and talk to them during class, etc. They don't like that I am so serious and intense about what I do. They always (at least all of them thus far) love the class, and they all are going to "come every week." One even quit her job to come to class. The week after quitting, she doens't show. She hasn't been back since. If they had proven to be more devoted to fitness, then I might enjoy their presence. Until they can get past the quick-fix weight-loss mindset, then there will be no skin off my nose if they don't come.

Patrick

Pink
04-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Interesting, and as we all know, unfocused, casual, needy riders come in all ages -- not just the young. And I would also venture to say that many of my friends don't understand my passion for 'riding a bike, going no where.' And when I explain, they are intrigued. Many want to experience the same passion & release but, for some reason, they can't.

rick316
04-03-2006, 01:36 AM
You do realize you just made some physical parallels between yourself and my (former) teacher prone to quasi-petafilia. ;)

Huh?:confused: ... I mean...Yeah,that happens alot .... sometimes...umm,er,when the sun is shining....huh? what? quasi-who?

britspin
04-03-2006, 04:41 AM
See...the minute I get some shuteye the forum descends to something like a cross between am I hot or not & the peadophile information exchange. Honestly you kids.

Robert
04-03-2006, 05:50 AM
Huh?:confused: ... I mean...Yeah,that happens alot .... sometimes...umm,er,when the sun is shining....huh? what? quasi-who?

Petaphilia - love of animal rights activists... ;)

rick316
04-03-2006, 08:43 AM
I knew that.

britspin
04-03-2006, 10:22 AM
I knew a girl called Peta once...

Patrick
04-03-2006, 10:28 AM

That's very funny. I got a kick out of that.

Patrick
04-03-2006, 10:29 AM
And pardon my spelling, Rick. The word is spelled, "pedophilia."

Robert
04-03-2006, 10:57 AM
I knew a girl called Peta once...

Did she Philia? :D

I'll get me coat... :rolleyes:

britspin
04-03-2006, 11:01 AM
I am not at liberty to discuss, it was in Australia, and so very long ago....(adopts winsome, far away look in eyes)....sigh.

kszspin
04-03-2006, 04:05 PM
I used to own a t-shirt that said P.E.T.A. on the front, and on the back it said People (for the) Eating (of) Tasty Animals !! :D

keifer
04-03-2006, 05:22 PM
I used to own a t-shirt that said P.E.T.A. on the front, and on the back it said People (for the) Eating (of) Tasty Animals !! :D

Now that made my day!

bikerchick2
04-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Great looking photos everyone. I am not touching that other conversation.:eek:

Pink
04-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Keifer,

I'm embarrassed to ask because I am guessing I should know already but...male or female???

marnster
04-03-2006, 09:35 PM
No partners to show off, just my dog (crazy, ball-obsessed mutt!)

And what a cutie!! ;) Do you have a basket on your bike for him/her??

keifer
04-04-2006, 07:29 AM
Keifer,

I'm embarrassed to ask because I am guessing I should know already but...male or female???

Looks male to me

bikerchick2
04-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Oh....I just got the t-shirt comment. nasty!:rolleyes:

kszspin
04-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Y'all please don't hate me 'cause I love meat :D .

bktenn
04-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Come on guys don't stop the picture thread those were just getting good!

Bk

So far Rick wins hands down now who can do better
:confused:
Maybe I will send a picture OF MY NEW f-250 SUPER DUPER DIESEL HORSE TRAILER PULLING MACHINE I'm getting it detailed on the bumber it will say 'SHOOT THE COWBOY AND RIDE THE HORSE"

alexkaboom
04-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Here's my kids and me last year at Mt. Washington when we met Tyler Hamilton. The second one is the kids and me at the top of (a very windy, foggy) Mt. Washington in '03

http://homepage.mac.com/jenqduck/PhotoAlbum2.html
http://homepage.mac.com/jenqduck/PhotoAlbum1.html

Jenn, your kids are gorgeous and the pic with Tyler is priceless!

Alex

megale3
04-05-2006, 11:51 AM
LOL, Rick...You and my DH ("H" for husband, the "D" changes with my mood).

DH=Designated Hitter :cool: LOL
M

rick316
04-05-2006, 12:02 PM
:confused:
Maybe I will send a picture OF MY NEW f-250 SUPER DUPER DIESEL HORSE TRAILER PULLING MACHINE I'm getting it detailed on the bumber it will say 'SHOOT THE COWBOY AND RIDE THE HORSE"[/quote]

I'm morphing into Homer J.Simpson at the thought of this photo...mmmmm,neeeew truck,must make noise...:o

Patrick
04-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Took these pictures today; the weather was insane- 68 degrees (Fahrenheit) and a light breeze, not a cloud in the sky, so I went out and rode about 24 miles (according to my GPS). Great ride, great ride.

Then I had to teach. I was feeling a little bit fatigued... taught the latter half off the bike.

Striving to keep the picture thread alive,

Patrick

cyclefreak
04-06-2006, 12:03 PM
OK, I'll play. Here's me & the hubby last weekend...

Velojunkie
04-06-2006, 02:46 PM
I love Pictures too!! :) :) :) It's great to put a face to posts that I've read..

soflgal
04-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Patrick,

Don't you just love thoes Nike water bottles? It's the only water bottle I will use!

Patrick
04-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Patrick,

Don't you just love thoes Nike water bottles? It's the only water bottle I will use!

Best four purchases I've ever made. Bought two on one occassion, loved them, lost them, bought two more, loved them, lost them. Just two weeks ago I lost the fourth one, and one my students and friends surprised me with a new one the morning of, "The Everest Ride." Well, I lost it later that day. :rolleyes: Knowing that the one place I wouldn't have put it was in my gym bag, I knew not to look there. Surprise! In the gym bag.

Funny thing- his birthday was the next weekend, so I got him one in blue (University of Kentucky grad).

But yes. I refuse to use anything else; being able to squirt water in my mouth is absolutely the best, and Lord knows it beats having to unscrew a bottle cap (I'm so spoiled- God forbid I ever have to use any other portable container of water...).

Patrick

Elvis
04-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Oh No Patrick:eek: Don't tell me you ride with your IPOD? That is a major NO ON. Just like Hovers, popcorn jumps etc.....I have seen bikers almost get killed by not hearing what is going on around them. Remember safety is no accident;) Not being critical just concerned:o

RaffCycles
04-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Patrick, come clean, that's not an iPod, it's your communication link to Chris Carmichael in the support vehicle that is just outside of the picture!!!:D

Patrick
04-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Oh No Patrick:eek: Don't tell me you ride with your IPOD? That is a major NO ON. Just like Hovers, popcorn jumps etc.....I have seen bikers almost get killed by not hearing what is going on around them. Remember safety is no accident;) Not being critical just concerned:o

Only during my warm-up in the parking lot did I have it on. ;) Don't worry- I knew better than to ride the roads with it.

rick316
04-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Hey Kelly,have you seen this photo from WSSC 05?I found it on Studiocycles.com

http://www.studiocycles.com/photos/Cimg0098.jpg

kszspin
04-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Oh thank you Rick :mad: . Guess it was expected since what I did to you. Thought I was safe, since I had the camera, but forgot I sent it to Jeff's website.
I'm not loving the drowned rat look I had going on all weekend though :o .
Have mercy people, it was Sunday, I was wiped out. Lizzy there, got me through some tough Italian hills!

megale3
04-24-2006, 05:53 PM
I like the blue it matches my bike :D
M

gigi
04-24-2006, 05:54 PM
here's some pics of me- i am compete in strongman and highland games
no pics on my bike yet!

gigi
04-24-2006, 05:55 PM
nice pic kelly!

JFK
04-24-2006, 05:59 PM
here's some pics of me- i am compete in strongman and highland games
no pics on my bike yet!

Cool! So that really is you in your avatar? I guess we should make sure not to tick you off, since you could probably lift most of us up and throw us somewhere. ;)

And Kelly, I'm not sure why you think you look drowned in the picture. You look great. I guess you must look really amazing in person.

kszspin
04-24-2006, 06:48 PM
Gigi--very impressive lifting! I think I better hit the weights tommorow, I'm feeling a bit scrawny :D . BTW, your package went out today ;) .

JFK--thanks for the nice comment. But it just made me realize something...what if I don't "clean up" any better? Like when you just spent 30 mins on makeup to go out with your DH and he says "I thought you said you were in there putting on some makeup! " :eek:

JoyofSpin
04-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Ok trying to do this. Assuming it works (and it's not the greatest picture - but the most recent - as I don't like to take pictures) - I'm in the front (in all black) next to the woman in red. My husband is right behind me in black too. This was after a 2 hr charity ride for cancer in which we raised over $11,000. We're sending 10 riders to the Pan Mass Challenge this year. Still more fundraising to go! - Joy

Patrick
04-24-2006, 09:17 PM
Hey Kelly,have you seen this photo from WSSC 05?I found it on Studiocycles.com

http://www.studiocycles.com/photos/Cimg0098.jpg

Don't you just love Lizzy? She led my orientation, and I absolutely love her to death.

Patrick

JFK
04-24-2006, 09:27 PM
JFK--thanks for the nice comment. But it just made me realize something...what if I don't "clean up" any better? Like when you just spent 30 mins on makeup to go out with your DH and he says "I thought you said you were in there putting on some makeup! " :eek:

Bwahahaha! That's because you achieve such a natural look, it doesn't look like makeup. (Tell your DH he owe$$ me for bailing him out there... ;))

Seriously, since you don't look at all bad after several hours on the bike, I wouldn't worry about how you clean up. You'll probably smell better cleaned up, though (at least, that's my solace when I don't look great after showering).

megale3
04-24-2006, 11:14 PM
This is Sean he is a great guy and we are both a little sweaty after tonights ride. Sean is 78 years old and kickin butt as he would put it. He has been a regular without fail for the last 3 months since he transplanted himself to the East side.We are going riding on Saturday where he says he will hand me mine. Good I need some rest.
Megale

kszspin
04-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Nice to see someone else sporting the fashionable "drowned rat" look ;) .

Mike, where do you live? For some reason I thought it was Ca, but I'm thinking I'm wrong?

alexkaboom
04-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Wow... He seems very cool Mike... such an inspiration.

Alex

megale3
04-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Kelly I live in Portland Oregon a Northern Californian!!! :D
Yah he and my grandmother would have made a great cycling team.:) I hope that we all are that way when we get to that age. We have something good here lets keep it up.
Mike

gigi
04-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Cool! So that really is you in your avatar? I guess we should make sure not to tick you off, since you could probably lift most of us up and throw us somewhere. ;)

thanks!
haha JFK, i am a nice girl. strong, but niiiiice!!

Gigi--very impressive lifting! I think I better hit the weights tommorow, I'm feeling a bit scrawny :D .

thanks kelly! you aren't scrawny- you spin, so you are a powerhouse!

skates
05-08-2006, 03:46 PM
Twins, you decide?

megale3
05-08-2006, 04:12 PM
Twins, you decide?

Nope Looks like the Yankees to me:D
Megale

Velojunkie
05-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Twins, you decide?

Ouch!! I'm a die-hard Red Sox fan!!!! That's just wrong man.

Me309

Wells308

Giambi311

Pink
05-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Megale, gives us all something to shoot for. I always say, I may be going down, but I ain't doing so gracefully.

Patrick
05-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Nope Looks like the Yankees to me:D
Megale

Kudos. That was really funny.

Velojunkie
05-09-2006, 07:54 PM
It's OK Chris, I'm not offended, I'm just considering who it's coming from..... a Cardinals fan.:D

Patrick
07-16-2006, 07:35 PM
This thread has slept far too long. It's time for the flashbulbs to live again.

I'll bite first.

Patrick

Post-script: The first photo is of student/friend Derek who is 26. He hosted a happy 18th for me last night. Next is a picture with my student/friend, Lee, who is 24.

lilrubie
07-17-2006, 01:45 AM
ok, I can't believe I can't figure out how to add a picture!! I am going to have to research this! Hopefully picture to come!

Webkim
07-17-2006, 05:36 AM
Look: it's me! :D

http://static.flickr.com/40/85570568_37efd8f771.jpg

RaffCycles
07-17-2006, 08:39 AM
Webkim, self portrait in a mirror? Cool idea!

Chkadee
07-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Me at Sunriver, OR May 2006 on a rental. I'm bundled up because it was cold! A fashionista I am not! We were geocaching on bikes and had a ball! My 9 year old took this photo-her first with a digital. Not bad!

megale3
07-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Chkadee -OK you live in Oregon and we have not met what up wit dat? where are you at? i live in Portland.
Meg

Chkadee
07-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Mike,

I'm in Salem and a little on the shy side. I don't get to Portland often.

jrobertson98
07-17-2006, 10:34 PM
O.K...I hope this works! It took me a while to be able to figure out how to get these transferred over!
This is me, my husband and my two boys...Dylan and Brady!! And, the second one is Brady trying out my new cycling shoes!! I think we might have a future Lance on my hands!!??:D JR
http://mailcenter.comcast.net/wmc/v/wm/44BC45FB00080150000063002200761438C8C702019C9B9D0A 0D019D06?cmd=GetImg&no=39&uid=41961&sid=c0&name=80A7AFF615E411DB9BD0904C58F39026@snj-us-pcwp-701.kodak.com

http://mailcenter.comcast.net/wmc/v/wm/44BC46D500013B5A000004B72200761438C8C702019C9B9D0A 0D019D06?cmd=GetImg&no=39&uid=41961&sid=c0&name=80B0675E15E411DB9BD0904C58F39026@snj-us-pcwp-701.kodak.com

MattF
07-17-2006, 10:58 PM
Hey JR,

These two links take me to Comcast.com and a Comcast.com login page. I think the links may be wrong. You could always try uploading the pics as attachments on the post or to photobucket.com if you want. :)

Matt

jrobertson98
07-17-2006, 11:02 PM
I know...Sorry...I'm working on figuring it out!! Although I thought I already did!!! Ugh.......
Stay tuned for pictures to come!!
JR

MattF
07-17-2006, 11:07 PM
I know...Sorry...I'm working on figuring it out!! Although I thought I already did!!! Ugh.......
Stay tuned for pictures to come!!
JR

You'll get it, don't worry. I think we all have trouble with the picture posting. It can be a bit tricky! Looking forward to the pics! :)

Matt

redsquirrel
07-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Let's see of I can figure this out. . .

The first is from a company golf tournament and the second pic is me with some co-workers out for a night on the town during a conference. I cannot find any recent photos - will update when I can.

486 487

Webkim
07-18-2006, 05:44 AM
Pics from Mondaynight: the final stage of the Tour de Spinning at our club.
A two hour ride where we all chased the riders that were projected on the wall. It was SO much fun. :D

strongchick
07-18-2006, 06:03 AM
Pics from Mondaynight: the final stage of the Tour de Spinning at our club.
A two hour ride where we all chased the riders that were projected on the wall. It was SO much fun. :D

Wow Webkim...that looks like it was an awesome ride - you've got a great set up there with the projection screen and all! :cool: Thanks for sharing!

megale3
07-18-2006, 11:59 AM
http://www.thirdlanemotorsports.com/7-14-06_STP/IMG_1712.JPG
Morning time 4:00 AM

http://www.thirdlanemotorsports.com/7-14-06_STP/IMG_1715.JPG
Everyones here time to hit the road Milton, Naoh Dan, Mike, and John

http://www.thirdlanemotorsports.com/7-14-06_STP/IMG_1716.JPG
Hitting the road Mike Leads the pace

http://www.thirdlanemotorsports.com/7-14-06_STP/IMG_1718.JPG

Bogy straight ahead "ON YOUR LEFT!!"

http://www.thirdlanemotorsports.com/7-14-06_STP/IMG_1726.JPG

Awww Dang!:mad:

http://www.thirdlanemotorsports.com/7-14-06_STP/IMG_1728.JPG
Double dang broken pedal:mad: :mad:

http://www.thirdlanemotorsports.com/7-14-06_STP/IMG_1729.JPG

Never fear captn' spin is here! Nice tan budy:rolleyes:
Meg

redsquirrel
07-30-2006, 12:38 AM
After reviewing Matt's pictures, I thought I would bring this thread back up.

MADMAX
12-07-2006, 02:25 PM
This is an old picture just wanted to see if I coould do it. I am 35 pounds lighter now

:) MAX

marnster
12-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Max, are you on the left or right? hehe ;)

MADMAX
12-07-2006, 02:43 PM
The other guy is Matt Kenseth thie first nextel cup champion. It is a nascar thing

:) Max

Lizardbiker
12-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Here's a pic of the wifey & me sporting the latest in Lizard fashion at the ADK 540. Only took me 3 months to finally D/L all the pictures...

Pink
12-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Very nice! Fun to also see Mrs. LB after hearing so much good stuff about her.

Lizardbiker
12-20-2006, 05:07 PM
She's the sunshine that keeps this lizard warm and happy :D

keifer
12-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Nice bike and love the clothes!

Here's a pic from the Holiday Ride I did at our club this past weekend

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/125/328497091_776bf44b45.jpg

megale3
12-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Here's a pic of the wifey & me sporting the latest in Lizard fashion at the ADK 540. Only took me 3 months to finally D/L all the pictures...

ITs a CANDY DALE!!!! cool:cool:

Lizardbiker
12-20-2006, 05:37 PM
It's an OLD Cannondale, picked up a used R300 about 7 years ago. Upgraded it each time I got a good income tax return until the only original parts left were the fork & frames. Good reliable bike - I named it Excalibur after Jenn was successful at having me remove it from my dining room before we got married (something about needing room for dining room furniture). It's still an indoor bike, but I keep it downstairs. Hopefully next week I'll be picking up Excalibur II - a brand spankin new Six13 :D I'll be like a kid with new sneakers!! Wooo Hoooo!!!! Mrs. Lizard convinced me that I needed a new bike and should keep Excalibur as a backup. GOD I LOVE HER!!!!!

waterford2ride
12-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Me two years ago at the Chequomegon Fat Tire Festival. This is a 40 mile, mass start, point-to-point off-road bicycle event travels from downtown Hayward, WI, over the famed American Birkebeiner Ski Trail, forest roads, snowmobile trails and other wooded lanes to the finish line in Cable, WI. 1,700 participants will take part in this challenging fat tire marathon. This year was my 11th year doing this event. I typically only ride my MTB at this event and during the winter.

megale3
12-20-2006, 05:45 PM
a brand spankin new Six13
I think that would be the thing to do I love mine it is really a reliable bike it makes chip seal seem like a massage while letting you move up inclines with out a lot of give very nice all around bike.

Meg

megale3
12-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Me!!! Kiss Kiss :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/Danimara74/Me1.jpg

need a better picture -come on use the flash

alexkaboom
12-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Me & Rick... right before driving him to the airport last Saturday.

Alex

Lizardbiker
12-20-2006, 05:54 PM
I think that would be the thing to do I love mine it is really a reliable bike it makes chip seal seem like a massage while letting you move up inclines with out a lot of give very nice all around bike.

Meg
I've been meaning to ask you how you like your Six13. Glad to hear more good reviews! I was also looking at the new System Six, but it's a tad too stiff of a ride for my type of events. The Six13 looked like a perfect match. Built not too far from where I live - I might just ride my new Six13 to the Cannondale factory for a tour of where Excalibur II was born.

Patrick
12-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Me & Rick... right before driving him to the airport last Saturday.

Alex

Rick. The fanny pack. Please.

Patrick

megale3
12-20-2006, 06:23 PM
I've been meaning to ask you how you like your Six13. Glad to hear more good reviews! I was also looking at the new System Six, but it's a tad too stiff of a ride for my type of events. The Six13 looked like a perfect match. Built not too far from where I live - I might just ride my new Six13 to the Cannondale factory for a tour of where Excalibur II was born.

OK so you making me jealous with the factory tour
seems that bicycling mag came out with an article on it about a year ago or so. Thats when the new CAAD8 designs were the ones to have. I am so in awe how they can improve from year to year on a great bike.
M

rick316
12-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Rick. The fanny pack. Please.

Patrick

Hey son,after having whipped your ass up Mount Washington as easily as I did this year,I'll wear what I want,when I want:cool: ....and besides,I had alot of important documentation that I had to keep with me at all times.

jsejt
12-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Hey son,after having whipped your ass up Mount Washington as easily as I did this year,I'll wear what I want,when I want:cool: ....and besides,I had alot of important documentation that I had to keep with me at all times.

Rick your very touchy about the fanny pack. For the record I think it's fine to wear a fanny pack. My husband always wears one when we go to amusement parks. :D

jsejt
12-20-2006, 06:27 PM

Meg you can see a really good "flash" picture if you look at my profile pic. ;)

megale3
12-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Meg you can see a really good "flash" picture if you look at my profile pic. ;)

Is the job of stocker taken with you yet??? Grrrrrrrrrooovvvy:cool:
Meg

rick316
12-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Rick your very touchy about the fanny pack. :D

It's not the fanny pack that I'm touchy about,it's Patrick;) He has a way of saying the things that get me wound up tighter than an oil drum:D It's nothing I can't handle.:cool:

jsejt
12-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Is the job of stocker taken with you yet??? Grrrrrrrrrooovvvy:cool:
Meg

:p:p :p :p

rick316
12-20-2006, 06:33 PM
I know this thread is supposed to be pictures of us,but my bike is part of me,so here it is.Nice and shiny new.:) Along with the ying yang that will eventually be on the wheel:p

MetalQueen
12-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Hi everyone!!!

Hope I did this right.

rick316
12-20-2006, 06:45 PM
WOW Rick she is SLEEK! Black Beauty! Quick question: do the boots have SPD clips? :p

That particular pair do not,no.However I do have my old pair in the shop having clips fitted as we speak...erm,type/read.:D

waterford2ride
12-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Hey MetalQueen - was that picture taken before the concussion in the mash pit or after? Was concert was it again?

T-

megale3
12-20-2006, 06:53 PM
That particular pair do not,no.However I do have my old pair in the shop having clips fitted as we speak...erm,type/read.:D

The high heels are having cletes added? :D :D :D :D :D:p

MetalQueen
12-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Hey Waterford, that was pre-concussion and it was Alice in Chains. One needs to be on the lookout for surfers AT ALL TIMES!!!

rick316
12-20-2006, 06:55 PM
The high heels are having cletes added? :D :D :D :D :D:p

Yes sir,iron ones for harder wearing too!

megale3
12-20-2006, 06:56 PM
Yes sir,iron ones for harder wearing too!

+1 Iron butterfly

rick316
12-20-2006, 06:57 PM
+1 Iron butterfly

Umm,yeah...that's the ones....:confused:

megale3
12-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Umm,yeah...that's the ones....:confused:

its a USA thing no worries it worked for me :)
Meg

spinmomma
12-20-2006, 07:40 PM
The picture thing is fun to see, but my picture files are all too big. suggestions?

Escandalosa
12-20-2006, 11:10 PM

Awwww, you don't like my picture love?

Cheeze
12-20-2006, 11:16 PM
I like the photo (and the shoulders) - but those walls need some pictures!

Escandalosa
12-20-2006, 11:49 PM
Ha! I know I just repainted my place and did some redecorating. I've yet to find a picture for the wall behind the couch. There's a whole lot of nothing going on behind it :cool:

rick316
12-21-2006, 03:37 AM
I so wish I could take you shopping!;)

Oh,ok.I don't appear to be working on sunday for a few days,I'll pop over:eek:

britspin
12-21-2006, 04:16 AM
A nice Louis Vuitton man bag, I think.

Lizardbiker
12-21-2006, 05:47 AM
The picture thing is fun to see, but my picture files are all too big. suggestions?
Check your photo editing software. Some have a feature that reduces the resolution of the picture and hence the size so it can be used on the internet. You can't really notice the reduction in resolution that much due to the size of the typical computer screen.

megale3
12-21-2006, 10:58 AM
Awwww, you don't like my picture love?

Too damn dark need some light. I like to see where the kisses are comin from.
Meg

alexkaboom
12-21-2006, 11:10 AM
I agree Rick, from one friend to another we've got to get rid of it! :D

I so wish I could take you shopping!;)

Oh Rick... blame me, this is all my fault, I should've edited the pic before posting it... :o

Alex

megale3
12-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Oh Rick... blame me, this is all my fault, I should've edited the pic before posting it... :o

Alex

Should have Photoshoped that bikini Top on him from the other thread :D
It was hard to give up the 80's styles especially when the man bag was so helpful- hey lets start a thread and imagine what Rick has in that bag and or what it is used for. I'll start

1) He broke his zipper
2) He didn't break his zipper and he just got out of the pool
3) Has the latest installment of Home and Garden for the long flight home
4) nicker , olives ,salt and paprika
5)

rick316
12-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Food blender...

alexkaboom
12-21-2006, 12:06 PM
Food blender...

Did she like it? Did it all work out ok?

A.

rick316
12-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Oh lordy! Everytime she's seen me since,she's thanked me.She is so over the moon with it and has only just purchased the transformer today.That means just one thing - mmmmmmmm,cookies for me tomorrow!:p

megale3
12-21-2006, 01:33 PM
I really tried in vane to find a picture on the Internet that looked like the person that I spoke to wearing a fanny pack in the gym the other day. The pack was tightly held around the top of the bubble belly of an elderly man whom had the duffer pants cranked up over the top of same said belly. He was short and liked a good conversation and laughed very happily . He for one was a happy person- I wish you all to be that happy in what you are doing/wearing.
Meg

alexkaboom
12-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Well... since this thread has gone downhill fast I figure I tell you about the guy I saw at my gym the other day...

I have windows facing me on the instructor bike, the windows overlook the cardio / nautilus area (mind you I have mirrors behind me so the participants could see if interested)... normally everyone gets into the ride and the distraction is minimal...

Unless...

There is a full grown man right outside the windows doing the 'hula hoop'... going around & around like it's the end of the world! Completely decked out with tube-socks, t-shirt tucked into cotton PT shorts and headband to boot! While I tried my best to remain unbiased, I have to admit that I almost fell off the bike laughing and couldn't help but break everyone's concentration... I feel so bad about doing that that I should apologize. :eek:

Alex

rick316
12-21-2006, 03:49 PM
Well... since this thread has gone downhill fast I figure I tell you about the guy I saw at my gym the other day...

I have windows facing me on the instructor bike, the windows overlook the cardio / nautilus area (mind you I have mirrors behind me so the participants could see if interested)... normally everyone gets into the ride and the distraction is minimal...

Unless...

There is a full grown man right outside the windows doing the 'hula hoop'... going around & around like it's the end of the world! Completely decked out with tube-socks, t-shirt tucked into cotton PT shorts and headband to boot! While I tried my best to remain unbiased, I have to admit that I almost fell off the bike laughing and couldn't help but break everyone's concentration... I feel so bad about doing that that I should apologize. :eek:

Alex

For the record,it wasn't me!;)

megale3
12-21-2006, 04:42 PM

Me either I would have had a tu tu on
Meg

alexkaboom
12-22-2006, 08:08 AM

LOL! Nope it wasn't... this happen a few weeks ago... :D

Alex

powwow
12-29-2006, 06:23 PM
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l307/lisapowellnyc/christmascard2.jpgI I love to see pictures. I am a newbie and this is a great way to get to know you all. Brandy....you have a beautiful family!

britspin
12-30-2006, 05:02 AM
Not sure all of the family is wholly committed to this picture.You can drag this one out to show the first boyfriend for embarrasment value.

Paolo
01-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Hello Im New in the forum

grettings from Houston