PDA

View Full Version : Any instructors from Altamonte Springs, FL

tdeckert
03-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Just curious if any fellow cycling instructors from the forum teach at the Gold's Gym in Altamonte Springs, FL?

I teach at a Gold's Gym in Maryland - my husband travels to FL frequently and finally got a travel pass to take classes while on business travel. He took a 6:15 AM class today from Jen (great workout he said), and will be taking a 6:30 PM class this Wednesday from Jeff.
Teresa

kszspin
03-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi Teresa,

I obviously am not in Altamonte Springs, but I grew up in the Orlando area and went back for 4 months during the summer of 2004 to live (unfortunately to take care of my mother who had cancer and passed that June), anyway I needed some sanity on a daily basis so I got a membership for that time and took classes there. Long story short, I know Jeff (took lots of his classes, tell him I said hi :) ), also classes from Laura (tall gal), and Lance. In fact I actually guest instructed there for one of Laura's classes.
Tell your hubby to say hi to Jeff from me, I'm Kelly and when I took those classes I was living up in Alaska at the time, we have since transferred back into civilization and now reside in SE Alabama. Jeff was really nice, in fact I told him about pedal-on, so maybe he's out here lurking ;) . Come out, come out wherever you are.....

tdeckert
03-21-2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the reply Kelly - I will tell my hubby to let Jeff know you said "hi"! I hear Jeff is a fantastic instructor so I hope hubby makes it to his class tomorrow night!
Teresa

tdeckert
03-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Kelly,

My hubby made it to Jeff's class - freaked him out when he told him he was from Maryland and had a message to say HI from Kelly! He enjoyed the class and said he'd catch up on the forum! Small world huh!

Jeff - if you're lurking, Jon and I will be at WSSC if by chance you're going - I'd love to meet you! Jon loved your class and said you had a great rapport with your students!

Teresa

Philips
03-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Teresa,

It was great to have Jon in my class at Gold's in Altamonte Springs, FL last Wednesday night. I'm not sure how good the 6:30pm class was because it's was the second of two back-to-back classes and I can get a little loopy. Thanks also to Kelly from Alabama. I've always thought that meeting people was the best part of instructing, but the downside is that these friendships are often temporary. It's great to hear from you Kelly and thanks for your kind words.

Jeff.

kszspin
03-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Howdy Jeff! :p

How's it going? We finally got the heck out of frigid Alaska last summer and I'm settled down here in southern Alabama. I'll be at WSSC this year if you are going let me know, we'll meet once again.
Take care :)

tdeckert
03-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Jeff - small world isn't it!

I heard great things about you from Jon, he said you truly relate to each student and your class ROCKED! I understand the back-to-back classes - I do the same thing on Monday nights!

We'll be at WSSC - it would be great to meet you and Kelly.

Teresa

Philips
04-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Teresa, Jon & Kelly,

I haven't commited to WSSC because I may be at another conference with Schwinn the prior weekend. If I do go I'll be sure to contact you'all.

Thanks again for your kind words, Jeff (Gold's Gym).