PDA

View Full Version : Color of your cycling studio?

abbysami
01-31-2006, 02:26 PM
Hello Everyone,

Just wondering what the colors of your cycling studios are?

I am going to be painting my over and am curious as to what everyone else has?

My room is 900 sq ft - shaped in a semi-circle with 18 ft high ceilings. We have 30 Schwinn IC Elites and a black rubber floor with yellow speckles in it.

Right now it is light blue only because when I was building the club - it was one of the last rooms to be painted and that was the color I had left and it is time for a change.

Any input is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Barb

britspin
01-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Boring institutional magnolia..except for the industrial aluminium checkplate panels from floor to 70cm..cuz we kept bashing the plaster about whilst moving bikes around, looks OK, need more industrial look for my money, but it is a shared space, & all the execs in their meetings don't want to be intimidated...I guess.

dgkilleen
01-31-2006, 03:09 PM
I teach at the local YMCA (the only gym in town) and actually it's the best looking spin room that I have spun in! Its a small room with about 20 bikes all lined up against the wall (so they are facing eachother) with a few in the middle and the walls are painted black with some signs and sayings on it! Then we turn off the lights and turn on the black light. So you cant really see everyone sweating and zoning out! The room allows each rider to just feel the ride and zone out to the music....

Take Care
Dgkilleen

spinmomma
01-31-2006, 04:15 PM
One gym is a really dark blue room. The other is light blue.
I love the dark room with the black light.
I posted a thread "What is your room decor", check that out too!

abbysami
01-31-2006, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the input thus far everyone!

Our lights are on a dimmer - no blacklights just regular lights that can turned up or down so the color of the wall is visible and the studio is strictly for indoor cycling!

Thanks for any other forthcoming suggestions.

Barb

Patrick
02-01-2006, 07:34 AM
Well, at one gym, our Spinning studio is grey-carpeted walls for great acoustics, and the floor is industrial steel. We have track lighting with different colored lenses, although most of the lenses have broken, so almost all of the light is just white. They are on a dimmer. I'd really like this room if they would wash the floor. But they don't. :eek: The room is almost a perfect circle. Very cool.

At my other gym, our Spinning studio is reminiscent of a strip club... same track lighting, but all the lights have red lenses, so i'ts very... red light district. The walls are black carpeting. The floor is black carpeting as well (EEEWW! I thought this was a terrible decision, but hey. They didn't ask me...). The room is more of a three-sided box with one curved wall at the front of the classroom where the instructor is. The decor is an.... acquired taste.

Patrick

badbrddrvr
02-04-2006, 03:24 PM
We have to have the coolest room. It is painted black on 3 sides with little windows along one wall but on the wall behind the Instructor we had one of our members paint a mural of mountains & Lakes & just the most beautiful setting that you could ever want to ride a bike on! You can just get lost on it! I think she said one part is from a mountain in Colorado & the other Mt. Ranier in Washington. It has this path that winds its way up & through.......She really does a great job on her paintings & out did herself on this wall. We have 15 Schwinn bikes that face the wall, I am the Instuctor so I get to have my back to it, bummer! We have a kicking system with 4 speakers mounted on each corner & we rock the place! I really love our setting & love to teach indoor cycling!:D

snowbunny
02-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Ok badbrddrvr....I want to cycle at your studio...sounds great !!!

Ours is painted like a sky with clouds everywhere. Then they put up those "kid" glow in the dark stars all over...so when the black lights are on....yes, you are riding with a sky of stars....very relaxing. Our class members always request to have the lights off. (Thank goodness for my handy dandy little flashlight so I can see my profile...ha,ha.)

snowbunny

monkeyhouse
02-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Waaah... I'm so jealous...

Since I teach at work, the facilities are... shall we say... less than optimal. The walls are beige (of course), with an emergency light that doesn't turn off (I would love to replace it with a black light if I don't think I'd get into trouble). We have posters... does that count? :)

Just don't do beige! ;)