PDA

View Full Version : Picture time

megale3
01-31-2006, 01:28 PM
Here is a pic of me and my bike and one of the hills I rode while in Texas this last week. Felt great to feel the warm air cause it has rained here so much lately in the PNW. Thought I would start off and then ask if you to show a shot of you and yours and would really be great to see the face to the name.
Megale/Mike

raptor
01-31-2006, 11:11 PM
I am jealous! 30 degrees here with recent snow. It freezes as much as it melts.

Lynn

megale3
02-01-2006, 12:01 PM
soon lynn soon hey lets get a ride in someones state going one of these days kind of like a PO.com Confrence of velo-istic proportions. here are some more pics of the ride.
Mike

petalpusher
02-01-2006, 12:14 PM
OK, just where did you find a hill in Texas? it is flat land no hills.
petalpusher

megale3
02-01-2006, 12:33 PM
http://www.pedal-on.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=144&d=1138732003
We went to a place called San Marcos Texas which is roughly half way between Austin and San Antonio. The ride was called the Devils Back bone and the chip seal felt like hell. It is a college town and many bikes can be seen in service in the area. Called the hill country it is and does have some great climbing though most are brief hard efforts un-like the NW where I live where some hills and assents can last for a long time. But the one pictured above was the one on this ride that stood out and the picture really doesn't do it justice.
Megale

Tolzer
02-01-2006, 12:35 PM
:rolleyes: Me on my old junk bike...
Two Spinners in our Bayern-Landhaus for the bad weather days. .:o

http://www2.trekbikes.com/images/bikes/medium/topfuel110_chired.jpg
Just got a new Trek Fuel 110 Carbon...:)
Went with the Project One Paint Job, had to "Pimp" my Bike out :eek:
It even has my name "Tolzer" painted in script on the frame.

That mountain is nothing....
We have several rides where we will put you and your bike on a cable car...ride up for about 30 minutes...ride for about 1 1/2 hours...stop for lunch...ride another 1-2 hours...then homeward bound. No really crazy downhill stuff...just nice cross country through the Alps. Sometimes, I will ride home this way from work. :)

Pedal-on.com members are welcome to stop by for a visit, guided rides, some great food and spirits. Some really nice places to stay for about 50-60 Euros per night. Places to rent some awesome bikes if you cannot bring your own. The clincher is that you have to have at least 10 posts! :p
The number of posts that you have will determine the severity and difficulty of your ride. :eek:

Catfish is coming over in the Fall....

When I close my eyes, I am at the center of the sun...

Tolzer ;)

megale3
02-01-2006, 12:41 PM
The mountain in the back ground looks ominous and totally awesome. I like the silhouette of the you in the foreground.
Letís have a picture of your new bike Tolzer
Megale

One Cent
02-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Fabulous pictures gentlemen - Our mountains are cold in Virginia this time of year. Thanks for sharing!:D