PDA

View Full Version : Most Effective Workout?

nroughen
02-20-2012, 07:43 AM
As an instructor I have experience multiple style of teaching (there are 5 other instructors where I work). What is the most effective spinning workout for calorie burning? Hovering below your maximum heart rate, going hard the entire time, or taking it easy? HELP!

Bozegal
02-22-2012, 01:12 PM
I would discourage focusing on just calories. In general, an "interval ride" will give you the most overall bang for your buck. But this is a hard question to answer without identifying more specific goals (just my 2 cents).

kelwend
02-22-2012, 07:00 PM
The most effective is variety not in 1 ride but in a training goal, so by doing different type of rides you will improve the overall fitness level.
If you watch the calories, that is not really important as an instructor ..., different type of ride will target differents amount: the more you are steady the more you can controle and the biggest will be the number of calorie during the classe.
For the interval rides, there are so many different intervals that the calories number will vary a lot but generally, when an interval training is done right, the body is still over working so consumme more calories after the training.

Todd S
02-22-2012, 09:12 PM
I would discourage focusing on just calories.

On the other hand, focusing on Calories is really just another way of saying you're focused on kilojoules (total amount of work or Average Power X Time). Although it's not perfect (falls short of TSS for example), it is a reasonable way to measure overall training stress.

melboney
02-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Consistently working out seems to get the best results...